Deleted

Restore Divine Storm Animation!

Greetings great and noble paladins of the united World of Warcraft! Do you miss your wonderful effects of Divine Storm from WOTLK? I believe that you do, just like I do! There is no more pury desire than this one: make blizzard give it back to us! Game is evolving, graphics are upgrading, there is even particle effect but blizzard has decided to cut our beautiful spell and make it bland and boring. How can you stand this oppression of the darkness?! We deserve to have it back. It was the best spell in the game, We must have it back!
    [yes, I have made a thread on official forums too so do not worry]

here, video of the old good times: watch?v=LVb4d0Bz7zI

PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE LIGHT, AND ALL IS POSSIBLE

Deleted
    <Infracted>
    Last edited by Krekko; 2014-01-18 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already a melee dazzler dude. And with the 4 set the intensity of the effect can severely lag our fellows. This has been changed with the ability to dull other effects that are not your own, however it still wreaks havoc somtimes. And that's not even talking about the time we have wings up, GoAK and are spamming our buttons to the max.

We're the most visually impressive melee class in the game right now I think. Just be content.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The backpeddling in that video hurt to watch.

Also its just fine how it is now. It really does not need its old particle effects back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    It's already a melee dazzler dude. And with the 4 set the intensity of the effect can severely lag our fellows. This has been changed with the ability to dull other effects that are not your own, however it still wreaks havoc somtimes. And that's not even talking about the time we have wings up, GoAK and are spamming our buttons to the max.

We're the most visually impressive melee class in the game right now I think. Just be content.
    this was the most beautiful spell of all! Why would I be content when we get damaged? when you cut other people particles thne even old pc can handle it. we must get back our old glory!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    The backpeddling in that video hurt to watch.

Also its just fine how it is now. It really does not need its old particle effects back.
    it does, it really does! game is not only about stats and numbers. most of the people play for the "coolness" like item sets, abilities. and one of the most wonderful ones got damaged!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should remove the stupid pirouette from tv rather than change divine storm effects...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    They should remove the stupid pirouette from tv rather than change divine storm effects...
    No-No. Divine Storm deserves its righteouss place among the most wonderful abilities that have ever been made in WoW. One pirouette, even if it is bad and makes your head spin in disbelief - is not as big threat to visual purity than mutiliated Divine Storm! for Divinity burns the Cosmos and turn the void into starry night of Heaven's Breathe! But of them should be changed but this is a thread about Divine Storm!

I agree. I don't understand why they toned down Divine Storms effect. They really need to restore it back to the old Wotlk animation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I agree. I don't understand why they toned down Divine Storms effect. They really need to restore it back to the old Wotlk animation.
    indeed, Brother. They need to do it. What is the point of being Light's Chosen if you do not bring Light into fight! Such a vile toning down spectacle must be rebuked!

Maybe it's just be, but TV feels to be a direct, heavy overhand blow, while DS definitely feels like a spinning, "pirouette" type attack.

I really do miss the old Divine Storm animation, it truly gave Paladins the physical appearance we be warriors of the light. I understand why they toned it down due to increase in overall graphic weight as the game improves over time, but the old days are the old days, always full of good memories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choob View Post
    I really do miss the old Divine Storm animation, it truly gave Paladins the physical appearance we be warriors of the light. I understand why they toned it down due to increase in overall graphic weight as the game improves over time, but the old days are the old days, always full of good memories.
    I do not share your understanding of their decision. there is particle slinder - they could expand it and allow people who want fully wonderful Divine Storm to have it, instead they simply cut it. it is a butcher's work instead of sophisticated software magician. old divine storm could be exactly an ability to describe paladin, now, it is just some spinning hammer. disgusting

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Lol I agree good times in wotlk when my friends would bitch bout getting pwned by a "merry-go-round"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Choob View Post
    I almost wonder if Divine Storms animation was toned down by accident when they added the animation to Templar's Verdict. Seems very odd that they would choose Divine Storm to nerf rather than other things.

On the topic of Divine Storm, I would really like to see it become a main rotation ability again (not like our t16 4 set). A glyph or talent would be fine since there are people who don't want to play like that.

I think something like "Increases the damage of Divine Storm by 100% (200% weapon damage as Holy) but reduces the AoE damage effect by 50%" would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can someone reduce the spell effect of other players but not his own ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.