Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It will be a full moon for sure.

Sacrifice your first born under the moon light for the Blizzard to come!

End Jan / Early Feb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid February seems like a good guess. 11th of February fits best I think, with EU 1 day later on the 12th. (Same thing happened for Mists. Wednesday US, Thursday EU)

Soon™ -> Hoping for early february.

Deleted
    Next week could be see the announcement of the closed beta, in conjunction with the new race models being released. With that in mind, if they do go for an announcement to go with the release, either the Weeks beginning 6th (2 Weeks) or 13th February (3 weeks from announcement) are likely.

But...the pessimist in me says March 10th, at the earliest.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not soon enough..I say Mid to late March

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mid/Late Feb if not Early Mar.

Very soon. If not this upcoming week then at most 2-3 more weeks.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

There's no way they'd tell people to sign up for beta and its more than a month out. Anyone who thinks that's a bad guess essentially is an eternal pessimist, construing every Blizzard statement (go full in on 2nd pvp season and then ignore sign up for beta announcement when both are equally vague and we were told 2nd pvp season blown out of proportion) to be in the most negative light possible.

It may not be in beta in under a month but its absolutely the most accurate educated guess.

Considering that far more than half of the new character models aren't even ready yet, the chances of the beta being in the next couple months is slim to none. Unless of course they launch beta without all of them.

February? Friends and familiy / alpha havent even started yet..

The day digital prepurchase is announced, as buying it gets you beta access (my guess).
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Never. They want WoD to be savage and uncharted lands, so they will not beta-test it at all. We will fight not only iron horde, but also legions of bugged quests and broken mechanics. This will be savage.
    If there's anything that Halo taught me, it's that bugs/glitches are fun!

Also sometime in February I think.

You are kidding yourselves if you think WOD will release anytime before Diablo 3: ROS. After RoS releases and people are bored with that, they will announce closed beta, and most probably a release date after summer.

Yeesh - I really have no clue anymore! Blizzard has been so contradictory over the past few months...first crowing that they're going to be releasing content (including the expac) on a quicker schedule -Anyone else remember the you'll be surprised statement when asked about WoD's timeline - I think we MAY be surprised - but by how late it is instead) to then stating they're planning another PVP season - and that a good length for them is 20-25 weeks.

Now granted - they can lengthen or shorten them as they wish - but that's looking like at least July before the next season ends - which would put a launch in summer? Don't really see them doing that - but one never knows....

Blizzard has ALWAYS had a patch/launch/something important when a competitor launches - I can't see Beta NOT starting before April, in fact I'd expect some pretty big announcements/waves at the end of March/first week of April - again - a contradiction....?

Their 'timing' is just a mess this Expac - the usually somewhat predictable Blizzard has gone full on confusing. I don't really know what to expect!

Quote Originally Posted by Apology View Post
    4th of February:

1) It's a Tuesday*!
    2) They just had their "we're excited to start beta soon so don't forget to opt in!" announcement yesterday, so it can't be that far off.
    3) They have their investor's thing on the 6th, so saying they have this running by then can only be a good thing to show off.

*I actually have no idea if the Tuesday detail is relevant to beta tests.
    I agree but I think the 4th is too soon for them. I expect a "beta is coming xxxxxx date" before Feb 6th call thing, but don't expect it to be out.

First or second week of Feburary sounds good and realistic.

I suspect internal beta testing has in full swing for a while now. Larger team, potentially more time in advance (Cataclysm caused a knock-on effect with MoP I'm sure since the changes were so big) means we might get quite a short beta as well.

Can only hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    February? Friends and familiy / alpha havent even started yet..
    There was no F+F Alpha for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    You are kidding yourselves if you think WOD will release anytime before Diablo 3: ROS. After RoS releases and people are bored with that, they will announce closed beta, and most probably a release date after summer.
    That's silly to think they'd delay testing a game because of their own game coming out. The beta will most likely come before RoS in my opinion, it's a closed beta anyway, and they could easily send it to people who don't even play diablo 3, you do know they have access to that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post

You?
    Soon TM...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feb 14th. With an announcement at the Conference Call on the 6th that they intend to start Beta in the next few weeks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)