Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mixed feelings on a summer release

Im stoked for this expac. A lot of people are saying a summer release. I would love this because Ill be out of uni and be able to play a shit ton, however if they make heroics like cata heroics a summer release means ill likely be playing with more 11 year olds and those heroics are gonna bloooww.

They're not "like cata heroics" they're just not a massive zergfest upon release. It doesn't have to be 1 extreme or the other.

That's how I read it anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    good thing there are guilds to join. which is pretty much the argument. hard heroics work great for organized groups of friends/guildies, not so great for randoms or in your words "11 year olds".
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They're not "like cata heroics" they're just not a massive zergfest upon release. It doesn't have to be 1 extreme or the other.

That's how I read it anyway
    The example given by Blizz was the new HCs were going to be along the lines of Vortex Pinnacle HC, pre-nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    The example given by Blizz was the new HCs were going to be along the lines of Vortex Pinnacle HC, pre-nerf.
    Well the complaints in Cata were about the likes of Grim Batol so I don't think VP level would be bad

There will be options this time. Blizzard said as much. I actually highly doubt heroic dungeons will be queuable. Premades only most likely like heroic scenarios.

In all honesty, just wait till they release what end game will be like in WoD. They've implied in many different posts it will be radically different. Comparing anything we have now to WoD without recognizing massive change is coming is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    Im stoked for this expac. A lot of people are saying a summer release. I would love this because Ill be out of uni and be able to play a shit ton, however if they make heroics like cata heroics a summer release means ill likely be playing with more 11 year olds and those heroics are gonna bloooww.

Get a guild or make pre-made groups with friends, that way you can avoid nuisance of LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Get a guild or make pre-made groups with friends, that way you can avoid nuisance of LFD.
    There's almost no way they have heroic dungeons be in LFD. I mean they didn't have H scenarios in them solely so they could tune them "hard" and they believe that was a success. Heroic dungeons will be harder than H scenarios. They are rolling back LFD somewhat. They realized its not the most compelling gameplay so will make sure its a last resort for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    There's almost no way they have heroic dungeons be in LFD. I mean they didn't have H scenarios in them solely so they could tune them "hard" and they believe that was a success. Heroic dungeons will be harder than H scenarios. They are rolling back LFD somewhat. They realized its not the most compelling gameplay so will make sure its a last resort for people.
    You cant imagine how much I hope for it. Would be nice if we would have to get in through entrances instead of queue once again. Hoping for daily HC dungeon quest would be too much probably. Hell, if they do it i'm gonna kiss every blizz employee.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a summer release is going to result in a dramatic drop in initial sales followed by a pick up in the fall.

Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well the complaints in Cata were about the likes of Grim Batol so I don't think VP level would be bad
    I remember having threat problem as a Blood DK in there during 4.3. All those damn casters on the first pack of the instance were nightmarish if you were "geared enough but not more than necessary."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Well, honestly, people would've complained in Cata if they were at VP levels only too. People didn't because GB and such were harder. But VP was tough for random groups too.

Tl;dr VP is still too hard for random groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think a summer release is going to result in a dramatic drop in initial sales followed by a pick up in the fall.

Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    or they will play the game as well on vacation.

Deleted
    Loved the old cata heroics.

OP has a point when it comes to summer release.. the entire server will be packed with people without any kind of social life and youngsters >_<

I don't think that's a fair presumption. I think because people are on Vacation during the summer from School and College, that will give Blizzard a huge reason for summer release. People are more likely to have time to play during the summer than during the August-May stretch when school is back in session. Keep in mind that working people don't get a scheduled universal break period between them all, and thus, any release date could make sense.

What culture are you from where most people take the entire month of July to spend on a vacation somewhere away from home?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account

People with sense dont travel during the summer... I don't! I take my vacations during Feburary! Better deals!
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think it matters. Everyone who wants to get it will get it within the first 90 days after it launches regardless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's a lot of 11 year olds playing WoW. I think they tend to gravitate towards newer games and not the stuff their parents might have played.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |