View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    Would you?...
    Why only LFR? Why not extend that to raiding in general? Would people raid multiple times if it did not drop loot? Why just single out LFR? What makes LFR so special that you need this poll just for LFR and not the other difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Why only LFR? Why not extend that to raiding in general? Would people raid multiple times if it did not drop loot? Why just single out LFR? What makes LFR so special that you need this poll just for LFR and not the other difficulty?
    there are implications of removing loot for other modes progression wise.

LFR doesnt have progression its a joke in 496 and a joke in 528

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance in blue hell..

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    for christs sake, just accept that lfr is never going away and move on already.

if you dont like it, dont do it.
    Why should we accept something up to change? Blizzard has promised other things would never happen and they did.

Don't like it? Don't be in the thread. When LFR stops having any incentive for raiders and their alts to be there, then people wont complain as much.

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    The difference is, heroic raids are tuned around gear
    Okay, so tune heroic to require normal mode gear to clear; and then answer the question Would also help with that item inflation issue you were worried about.

HC dungeons 463, t14 LFR 476, Normal mode 489; t15 LFR 496, normal mode 509; t16 LFR 516; normal mode 529.

Stands to upset a LOT fewer raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Okay, so tune heroic to require normal mode gear to clear; and then answer the question Would also help with that item inflation issue you were worried about.

HC dungeons 463, t14 LFR 476, Normal mode 489; t15 LFR 496, normal mode 509; t16 LFR 516; normal mode 529.

Stands to upset a LOT fewer raiders
    No upwards change of difficulty would make heroic quite dull if everything was on par with Immerseus or Norushen

The top guilds clear the new heroic Tier with very little drops from that Tier, mostly from the previous. Just putting that out there.

But seriously, there's actually more of a "market" for LFR than than there is for Heroic Raids. I'll support the removal of LFR, if they returned to a single raiding difficulty. But as it stands now, it's cool to hate on anyone doing content on a lower level than you. If normal raids were tuned like they were "back in the day" of a single difficulty, then most of you "hardcore normal, pro raiders" would still be in 5 mans complaining how you can't get epixxx. However, since Blizzard has decided to cater to a variety of players, anyone who's not you is either bad or has no life.

It's like drivers on the road, anyone going faster than you is an idiot and anyone driving slower is a moron.

I've played WoW since Vanilla, and I've spent most of those years raiding. Now I do LFR and Flex. Yes, I like having both because LFR allows me to gear up alts/fill gaps on my main to prepare for Flex. It also allows me flexibility of when I raid.

I read here someone works 40 hours a week and still raids. Congrats, you're a gentleman, a scholar and a fucking legend. But seriously, I could raid 20+ hours a week while working 60 hour weeks, but I can't commit the same 20 hours every week. Understand that LFR is not about the overall time commitment, but the ability to raid any day at any time, and clear the content every week.

Top guilds are a minority of those who do heroic raiding and heroic raiding guilds that will blast through normal and spend their time progressing in heroics are a minority of those who progress in normal. There is intended boss and gear progression for the majority of those who partake in the difficulty that is designed for them. The developers do intent for players to get more gear and therefor progress further with gear upgrades being apart of that. Otherwise the later fights would have to be tuned lower for the target audience and no gear progression.

Then there is LFR which by design is void of the traditional raiding progression. You hit minimum bloated gear requirements and the developers expect that the group will clear LFR rather than progress boss by boss. Because LFR is void of traditional raid progression it receives gated lockouts in order to simulate such and even then outpaces the majority of raiders in their relevant content difficulty. If you have a problem with the progression system in non-LFR raids then discuss that rather than looking at extremes outside of intents for the majority of those that participate in the relevant difficulty.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-20 at 04:59 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If loot was to be removed from WoW, would you still play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If loot was to be removed from WoW, would you still play it?
    If it had an engaging gameplay experience that I enjoyed then yes. A game doesnt have to be reliant on character power progression for me to play and enjoy it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    If it had an engaging gameplay experience that I enjoyed then yes. A game doesnt have to be reliant on character power progression for me to play and enjoy it.
    Is that why you enjoy WoW? Because it doesn't rely on character power progression?

If LFR didn't have any gear, I'd only do it once to see the bosses.

Or I'd see the bosses in flex without doing LFR at all.

Same for all types of raids, really. As soon as a particular boss is defeated, it's of no further interest apart from the gear. And if you do a boss on flex, the same boss on normal or heroic is not too interesting to begin with.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-20 at 06:22 AM.

I don't run it even with the loot... can't see why I'll ever run it without... LFR is just a gauntlent of boredom and suffering to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No upwards change of difficulty would make heroic quite dull if everything was on par with Immerseus or Norushen
    Even if (!) they were unable to cratively design bosses and tune them to a linear difficulty ( a task probably made easier without having to worry about gear improving peoples output by variable amounts ) and as a result heroic mode became lack lustre (the lustre being the loot ofc ); EVEN IF that were true; it would still upset a much smaller number of the player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as change still dropped to pay repairs yes I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, since the only reason I do it is to gear alts.

What could possibly be the advantage of removing the gear? It's end game for tons of players, and part of end game is character progression through gear progression.
    Because welfare and only normal and heroic are eligible for loot and epics.
    Ofcourse.
    *yawn*
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

They say LFR is faceroll/easy/welfare epix.. And yet they complain about how long it takes/how hard it is?? These ppl...

Would you raid Normal if they took away the loot? Silly poll.

The LFR difficulty entertains a lot of people, for many reasons, leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by lsnderick View Post
    They say LFR is faceroll/easy/welfare epix.. And yet they complain about how long it takes/how hard it is?? These ppl...
    It's hard putting up with the people in LFR. The content itself is not hard and you're pretty much guaranteed to clear it if you stick in the group no matter how bad they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

LFR is the greatest invention in WoW and I would do it without gear, I do it now and I don't need anything from there I go to just to watch the show!!!! Best entertainment in game. All the hijinks and listening to people complain about who is stupider and watching people do stupid stuff, I roll on the floor laughing!!!! You snobs are missing out!!!!!