Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question expac after WoD comes out, FREE boost to 100?

is this the next logical step after WoD is done ?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how far we are going after WoD
    They can easily go from 100 to 150 if they feel like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. The reason for the boost to 90 is that the leveling process is now so vast that it's a considerable challenge for players to do. Having it for just 10 levels wouldn't make sense in that regard.

I doubt we'll see another boost for a while. I remember on one of the blizzcon interviews, they said the boost was because we were coming into an "WoW 2" era, and the "WoW 3" will take a while lol

I'd be all for it though
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Why would they wait to the expansion after WOD to release this service? We will be able to boost/create level 90 characters in MOP as long as we pre-order WOD I really would not be surprised if instead of the usual experience reduction we usually see around the first or second patch that the offer is extended to level 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I doubt we'll see another boost for a while. I remember on one of the blizzcon interviews, they said the boost was because we were coming into an "WoW 2" era, and the "WoW 3" will take a while lol

I'd be all for it though
    Who said that?
    The Era thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account

I'd be all for it though
    WoW 2 era? Source? But I doubt it, I think they're offering the free boost to 90 because of the lack of new races/class tbh. Even if they did give another free boost, people would rage for 3 days and end up not caring, just like what happen with the 90 boost.

They're offering the free boost because 100 levels is intimidating for brand new players, and a barrier to jumping in and playing with your max-level friends for both new and returning players (who might be level 60, or 70, or 80, or 85).

Pretty clear through all the information they have access to that we don't, that they feel this is one of the best ways to bring people in and keep them playing. They wouldn't do this if they didn't feel they had to.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    WoW 2 era? Source? But I doubt it, I think they're offering the free boost to 90 because of the lack of new races/class tbh. Even if they did give another free boost, people would rage for 3 days and end up not caring, just like what happen with the 90 boost.
    I'm having a hard time finding the exact interview that said that. it was a blizzcon interview with a guy and an asian woman.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

i wish theyd just give up the option to boost from 90-100 when WoD launches. id pay an extra 50 bucks for that.

leveling in this game is a pretense. really, its all pretense. i wish i could just queue for dungeons and pvp and raids from a battle.net menu ala starcraft 2

While we're at it, let's get some Raid gear for sale. If you're going to go P2W, go all the way.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    While we're at it, let's get some Raid gear for sale. If you're going to go P2W, go all the way.
    P2W would imply that you pay and you win...
    When in fact you pay and get a character in blues that is 10 levels behind max...
    I really wish people would stop saying this is P2W when its really obviously not... -.-

1st of all why does it matter? WoD isnt even close to being released. 2nd you will get 1 free, and pay for the rest just it will be in WoD, theres no reason to give out something for free when people will pay for it...

I'm having a hard time finding the exact interview that said that. it was a blizzcon interview with a guy and an asian woman.
    I think you misinterpret the meaning of "wow 2." In a sense it means all lore has been expended so now everything is new story. The way the game plays verses how it was in vanilla-wotlk talent wise no longer exists. All forms of "excessive grind" for leveling is gone with BoA's and exp nerfs. WoW now is so much different that it could be considered WoW2 and there could be big changes that make x xpac so dif from 2 that its wow3.

As to boosting to 100, I see no point since people who are new have to buy WoD to access the next expansion so they will get a free 90 boost. No need for 100.
    Last edited by Vallin; 2014-01-19 at 02:05 AM.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

If it's going to wind up being a paid service to catch up to the current expansion, then I don't see why it wouldn't be updated for future expansions.

stupid mmo-c posts overreacting to everything blizzard does.

is this the next logical step?

j/k we're already on the next floor.

I don't really think that they will now be releasing a boost for every expansion because to get 10 levels (boost to 90, then level to 100) to catch up at the end of WoD will be a lot less time than to get 90 levels. You're boosting to the end of 5 WoW releases versus 1. They could theoretically release a boost every 3-4 expansions going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really. but the next step will be for players to swear they heard there would be a boost to 100 when talks of the next xpac begin. just like people swear there was supposed to be another AP.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    P2W would imply that you pay and you win...
    When in fact you pay and get a character in blues that is 10 levels behind max...
    I really wish people would stop saying this is P2W when its really obviously not... -.-
    he's just a real fail troll. just ignore his dribble and move on.

World of Warcraft is a massive game and it gets even bigger with each expansion.

I doubt another free boost will happen for a while but I can see them going in a newer direction.

A new player might be able to start at a higher level (not level 1) and progress through newer and better environment zones. This game is old and the vanilla world is very outdated compared to zones like Pandaria. This would not be a selling point for anyone who wants to play the game. New players will be turned away due to the out dated graphics of the vanilla world.
    Doing this could also make the game smaller. A player starting at level 90 could have the basic client with the the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Pandaria. They would not need ANY of the content from TBC or WOTLK (limiting the size of the game by a large amount). If a player wanted to go to these zones, they would need to download additional files.