Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Doubt it will release so close to D3 RoS.
    Not a good way to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I doubt they would release WoD that close to Diablo III: RoS which comes out March 25. They would basically be competing with themselves.
    Revenue might be a factor, but D3 is a singleplayer game with some multiplayer, WoW is an MMO. Not competition.
    You can always buy D3 later.

Also, these "speculation threads" are always hilarious, even if they do pop up 15 times a day.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just a taught, When Mists of Pandaria was digital Available, that was 2 months before MoP went out.
    Let's say we still gotta wait around a month till WoD gets into beta, Blizzard already publicly announced that the digital purchase will be available soon.
    If we look at last expansion's pre-order and launch date, we got 3 month's max left till WoD going live.

Am i thinking to much over nothing, Or do you think this is possible?

2/3months of beta might sound short, but who knows.
    I believe, personally, beta will start in early Febuary and then in late Febuary Pre Orders will be available. The reason they will be early this time is because of the free 90, they are going to get that out soon so people will resubscribe to catch up and relearn things (See: People who Left before MoP) and hope to keep subs till June.

Blizz-soon has historically meant anything from "a few months" to "it's been nine years and we're still waiting" and the TM is Blizzards self deprecating way of acknowledging that, so don't base too much on that word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I believe, personally, beta will start in early Febuary and then in late Febuary Pre Orders will be available. The reason they will be early this time is because of the free 90, they are going to get that out soon so people will resubscribe to catch up and relearn things (See: People who Left before MoP) and hope to keep subs till June.
    Why would you have a free current expansion max level character? I'm sure that feature's supposed to be live for the next expansion..

But if the game is ready in 3 months or less, why not release it? They can't just put on the shelf for the right time, and bleed millions of subs.
    Thing is, it won't be. It's nice to be optimistic but it's like hoping Dragon Age or Witcher will be ready for release half a year sooner or so, won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Why would you have a free current expansion max level character? I'm sure that feature's supposed to be live for the next expansion..
    Did you not read the blog post? and I quote:

"In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion."

End of the Year. September at best, November or December maybe even January at worst.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    End of the Year. September at best, November or December maybe even January at worst.
    Ok, what? Even if you discredit the fact that the team is bigger. We can have at most 10 months between SoO and Warlords. That is averaged between Wrath's last tier and Dragon Soul. That would be a release in July.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Did you not read the blog post? and I quote:

"In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion."
    No, I don't read WoW news anymore.
    Also, the news' very sad.

So you think they are suddenly ending the Expansion 4 months earlier then the other ones, even though there is no indication of them intending to, there is another Arena season PLANNED and the closed Beta doesn't even have a date yet? Kinda unlikely, even with a bigger team. Its also a to simple calculation to say "More people = Faster development" considering its always an evolving thing when making a Game, especially an MMO. MoP will likely run its 22 - 24 months. And do you remember how long ICC ran?

spoiler: Exactly a year. Ctaclysm was released December 09 2010, ICC was released December 08 2009. Dont get me wrong though. Im gladly proven wrong in the end, i just think its unlikely.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2014-01-19 at 12:47 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    So you think they are suddenly ending the Expansion 4 months earlier then the other ones, even though there is no indication of them intending to, there is another Arena season PLANNED and the closed Beta doesn't even have a date yet? Kinda unlikely, even with a bigger team. Its also a to simple calculation to say "More people = Faster development" considering its always an evolving thing when making a Game, especially an MMO. MoP will likely run its 22 - 24 months. And do you remember how long ICC ran?

spoiler: Exactly a year. Ctaclysm was released December 09 2010, ICC was released December 08 2009. Dont get me wrong though. Im gladly proven wrong in the end, i just think its unlikely.
    I honestly don't think they are going to go through with the new PvP Season, it just doesn't make much sense. If you average out the last tier of the expansion (like you should be) as I said above at latest we would see a July release, with a worst case scenario being August. While the July and August Releases would fall within your 22 months category, I am going to take my chances and trust Blizzard to actually release the content faster like they did in Pandaria and like they said they would at Blizzcon. A May or June release is most likely, anything earlier or later is crazy at best. Subs are dropping faster than ever and do stay in the expansion till August would be suicide, especially with competition releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Revenue might be a factor, but D3 is a singleplayer game with some multiplayer, WoW is an MMO. Not competition.
    You can always buy D3 later.
    I was referring to competing with themselves for players who play both WoW and D3. They like to consider how successful sales are by usually seeing how the first week goes for purchases. Someone who would buy both, but would wait until a few months after one of them is released due to them coming out around the same time would hurt those numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I was referring to competing with themselves for players who play both WoW and D3. They like to consider how successful sales are by usually seeing how the first week goes for purchases. Someone who would buy both, but would wait until a few months after one of them is released due to them coming out around the same time would hurt those numbers.
    Exactly this. I was gonna say, you want your release numbers looking hot as possible, so if people are putting off buying your game because they want to purchase another game, that'll interfere with your release success. Doesn't matter that both games are yours.

I think we might see betas shortly after D3x is out. MoP beta was, what... 6-7 months? Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Exactly this. I was gonna say, you want your release numbers looking hot as possible, so if people are putting off buying your game because they want to purchase another game, that'll interfere with your release success. Doesn't matter that both games are yours.

I think we might see betas shortly after D3x is out. MoP beta was, what... 6-7 months? Yeah...
    Yes but even more so they like their level of subs to be as high as possible.

Delaying the game for another is counter productive.

I'm sure if Blizzard had to decide whether to delay D3 expac or WoW they'd delay D3 everytime, simply because it makes tons more business sense than losing 500k+ more subscribers

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already publicly announced that the digital purchase will be available soon.
    They said "SoonTM". Which means a considerable wait, not that it would actually be coming soon.

The expansion will be as latest at July im hoping its realesd in April (birthday) the beta will begin maybe near 31 Jan and 10th of Feb and the expansion will be release d at April June

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You have completely missed the point. Once someone signs up to the WOD pre-release they are locked in, they may cancel their sub but they are guaranteed to subscribe again once WOD launches. The true genius behind this is that most will not cancel their subscription believing that being able to pre-order WOD means that its release is imminent.
    oke so its 1 exp box sell and 1 month sub to test it out. that would be around 50 euro. better let them leave for a few month and then yet them come back for a year. so they get around 150 euro.

and pre orders can also be cancelt...... even if you payed for them