Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Warlords of Draenor Released in 3 months?

Just a taught, When Mists of Pandaria was digital Available, that was 2 months before MoP went out.
    Let's say we still gotta wait around a month till WoD gets into beta, Blizzard already publicly announced that the digital purchase will be available soon.
    If we look at last expansion's pre-order and launch date, we got 3 month's max left till WoD going live.

Am i thinking to much over nothing, Or do you think this is possible?

2/3months of beta might sound short, but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

They want you to sign up to the pre-order, it is the Annual Pass version 2 (but much smarter), once they have your money they know that they can release WOD whenever it suits them and even if you grow so bored you cancel your sub you'll be back.

2-3 months of beta could be fine if everything is working very well internally.

2-3 month long pvp season is incredibly short, and they havent even announced the end of the current season.

Deleted
    They've not even started closed beta yet and a lot of features are still HEAVILY under construction. Also they recently they mentioned that there would be another arena season before WoD which there would be 0 point for if release was in 3 months. Absolutely no chance, mate. Sorry to burst your bubble :P

while i would love it to be out asap i dont want them rushing things, garrisons look to be a very useful and effective source of content and new char models (covered in armor or not) are things i feel will take time to perfect and dont want them to rush things just so i have new content to do. while i realize not all people are into raiding on hardcore or semihardcore fashion i think the LFR queens are the ones making the most fuss about "omg SoO has been out for to long" and "no new content for a year"

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They want you to sign up to the pre-order, it is the Annual Pass version 2 (but much smarter), once they have your money they know that they can release WOD whenever it suits them and even if you grow so bored you cancel your sub you'll be back.
    Yes, cause money from expansion sales is much more important than subscription numbers.

/sarcasm

They will release the game as soon as possible. No one cares about have many boxes they sell, it's all about subscriptions, it's where the majority of income comes from.

Just look at China, they don't even sell expansions there.

Delaying the game for them isn't worth it, and has Blizzard actually ever sold a game without giving a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Yes, cause money from expansion sales is much more important than subscription numbers.

/sarcasm

They will release the game as soon as possible. No one cares about have many boxes they sell, it's all about subscriptions, it's where the majority of income comes from.

Just look at China, they don't even sell expansions there.

Delaying the game for them isn't worth it, and has Blizzard actually ever sold a game without giving a release date?
    You have completely missed the point. Once someone signs up to the WOD pre-release they are locked in, they may cancel their sub but they are guaranteed to subscribe again once WOD launches. The true genius behind this is that most will not cancel their subscription believing that being able to pre-order WOD means that its release is imminent.

This exactly.

This, it's a very smart idea from them at a business point of view.

It basically has you saying "yes I might quit, but no matter how long WoD takes, i'll 100% be back and subbed again".

a new arena season as already been announced on twitter, thats another 20 weeks or so right there.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    a new arena season as already been announced on twitter, thats another 20 weeks or so right there.
    Not necessarily. They said they could wrap up with a short season.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I doubt they would release WoD that close to Diablo III: RoS which comes out March 25. They would basically be competing with themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, no. Midsummer release at the earliest, early fall at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I have this suspicion that more of the expansion is done than we think. Provided they don't do a zone revamp like they did with Jade Forest, they can easily decide to test a different zone every two weeks if they really wanted.

Deleted
    As said, it feels like an early-money reaping tactic considering the lack of information. We had what was given out at Blizzcon, a few developer questions and now knowledge we can pre-order it. We've seen a touch of actual content, and they're wanting us to Pre-order it.

Doubt it will release so close to D3 RoS.
    Not a good way to make money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just a taught, When Mists of Pandaria was digital Available, that was 2 months before MoP went out.
    Let's say we still gotta wait around a month till WoD gets into beta, Blizzard already publicly announced that the digital purchase will be available soon.
    If we look at last expansion's pre-order and launch date, we got 3 month's max left till WoD going live.

Am i thinking to much over nothing, Or do you think this is possible?

2/3months of beta might sound short, but who knows.
    If you want to maximize sales and keep as many subscriptions running as possible during the first 3 months of an expansion, would you release the game in may-july? The obvious answer is no, summer is not a great time for mmos or any computer game release tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Not necessarily. They said they could wrap up with a short season.
    But it would probably be 10 weeks, at the very least. And that also excludes the 6.0 patch, as the seasons end before any kind of class/stat/skill revamps go live. If the season launches in mid Feb sometime it's unlikely it will end before May sometime, add 6.0 ontop of that and you're well into the summer period which speaks heavily for an early fall release.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Doubt it will release so close to D3 RoS. Not a good way to make money.
    Exactly, they are blanketing the low content period of WoW with D3s expansion pack and, trying to mitigate some of the subscription losses with digital pre-purchases etc.

I recognise the possibility that Blizzard might go well out of their way to "surprise people" and show that "they can change the pace of releases" in WoW. But at the same time, this is the company that is built on SoonTm and "its ready when its ready". The chance of them gambling away a premature release feels very off, tbh id rather have them tweak and rework WoD and make it that good instead of rushing it out to impatient people to please a board of directors.

It's going to depend on how far they are when beta is up. The BC beta was around 3 months, so it's possible, but unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if the game is ready in 3 months or less, why not release it? They can't just put on the shelf for the right time, and bleed millions of subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post