Poll: Does the color of someone's skin play a role in their attractiveness?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some people will try and make this a racist thing but it's not. It's all about what you are attracted to, just because someone doesn't find blacks/whites/yellows/browns attractive doesn't mean it's racist. She finds being white more attractive so she bleached her self. Was the wrong call she is ugly as hell as a white person the features just don't match. All races have their own features that make them...them

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Perhaps word statements better
    I don't feel my statement was that difficult to follow. But I will apologize for the miscommunication and attempt to be clearer if you will promise to make a better attempt to actually read what I write in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Not at all. I merely questioned the gall of calling another persons choice in sexual partner into question. I'm not the one who turned the debate into one about orientations.
    So...are we going to keep talking about this sidetrack? Or maybe get back to the part where I completely destroyed your question BRO. You asked:

"If you find a physical attribute so unappealing as to mask all others, be it skin color, hair color, weight or whatever, how is it not the height of arrogance for me to judge you for it?"

my answer is no, it's not the height of arrogance...it's wrong to let one physical trait trump all others. Now if you're a big boy you can try to respond to what I just said instead of going off on a tangent.

Deleted
    I don't feel my statement was that difficult to follow. But I will apologize for the miscommunication and attempt to be clearer if you will promise to make a better attempt to actually read what I write in the future.
    Considering i've quoted it multiple times, and 3-4 others have also; I'd say it's on you.

Not one person out of those many millions belonging to said ethnicity is even the least bit attractive?
    To me, there are many. To some hypothetical? Who knows. It's neither my place nor yours to judge.

Deleted
    To me, there are many. To some hypothetical? Who knows. It's neither my place nor yours to judge.
    Except, it is.

That's the entire point of this discussion, to judge and measure, to look at and consider; Not to stand back and say your preferences are beyond our consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    my answer was...YES...it's wrong to let one physical trait trump all others. Now if you're a big boy you can try to respond to what I just said instead of going off on a tangent.
    If I find that trait so offensive as to let it color my perception of other traits, who are you to question it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't it our place, exactly? I would say that hypothetical person is racist.

If I find that trait so offensive as to let it color my perception of other traits, who are you to question it?
    You're letting it color everything because you're racist?

I can't imagine finding skin color terribly relevant. I guess a nice tan (not fake-n-bake) looks pretty nice, but that's about it.

That's the entire point of this discussion, to judge and measure, to look at and consider; Not to stand back and say your preferences are beyond our consideration.
    The hypothetical in this case is not part of this discussion. He's being judged without his knowledge. I simply question that stand.

Deleted
    A person who's curious as to how you can justify it when it's patently absurd to handwave an entire ethnicity away, based on what?

I don't like a few people of a certain ethnicity, so therefor i'm going to say i'm not attracted to them at all?

"I'm not generally attracted to so and so"
    "I'm not attracted to so and so"

So simple, and so easy to make a better statement.

TIt's neither my place nor yours to judge.
    I don't understand the "you can't judge" mentality. Sure I can! I can even do so quite reasonably. The person being judged is under no obligation whatsoever to give a fuck about my judgment, but I'm equally under no obligation to pretend that I have no opinion.

Deleted
    The hypothetical in this case is not part of this discussion. He's being judged without his knowledge. I simply question that stand.
    Again, you cannot change the entire premise of the argument to better suit your case; I questioned your original statements, you're now backtracking to rephrase it into a better light.

Why isn't it our place, exactly? I would say that hypothetical person is racist.
    For any of the myriad reasons it's not our place to judge others. You're assuming your stance and morals should be applied universally. We're talking about a man who is causing no harm to others, being looked down upon for simple preference. Why is that okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you cannot change the entire premise of the argument to better suit your case; I questioned your original statements, you're now backtracking to rephrase it into a better light.
    I'm not changing the premise. Neither of us, by our own admission, would exclude someone for their race. The question has always involved a hypothetical "other" who would.

Deleted
    For any of the myriad reasons it's not our place to judge others. You're assuming your stance and morals should be applied universally. We're talking about a man who is causing no harm to others, being looked down upon for simple preference. Why is that okay?
    Looked down upon?

Such invoking language, a person can be judged or questioned on a vast host of things; Why is this off-limits, why is it so sacred a person cannot stand a little scrutiny to handwaving an entire ethnicity away.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMFG! So now you're protecting a HYPOTHETICAL person from being judged! You hero of the people! Someone get this man a medal!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. This is just too much. This is the best thing I have read in months!

The hypothetical man guys...can we just take a step back to think about him? He's being judged here...he doesn't fucking know! HAHAHAHAHAHA. He doesn't know! I feel so bad for him. Out there working his hypothetical job, just trying to get home to his hypothetical spouse. He doesn't deserve this...hypothetically.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2014-01-19 at 04:33 PM.

A person who's curious as to how you can justify it when it's patently absurd to handwave an entire ethnicity away, based on what?

I don't like a few people of a certain ethnicity, so therefor i'm going to say i'm not attracted to them at all?

"I'm not generally attracted to so and so"
    "I'm not attracted to so and so"

So simple, and so easy to make a better statement.
    Manakin you're anot new here really; are you a stranger to the monthly or bi-monthly "I could never be attracted to people of X ethnicity but I'm not a racist" threads. The CD in them is awesome to behold
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Exactly why i said "humans...".
    you see the level of controversy you want to see, just as the "shitton of political and social connotations".
    Sorry, plain wrong. Actually, that only works in one direction: if you don't see the controversy, it's because you're deliberately ignoring it. Wether it interests you or not, the regional and cultural context makes it a controversial topic. You can only choose to ignore it if you fully ignore the geographics and all normatives of mass media. I'm not taking sides or voicing any personal opinion here, but merely stating the fact that it's pure deliberate ignorance to act as if the whole controversy was just a matter of petty sensationalism and people's stupidity. Once can of course always choose to be uneducated.

This is the best thing I have read in months!
    You need to read more. No, I'm not whiteknighting a fictional man. I'm debating the ethics of judging others unfairly.

Deleted
    You need to read more. No, I'm not whiteknighting a fictional man. I'm debating the ethics of judging others unfairly.
    One could say we also could judge them, you know, for hand waving an entire ethnicity away on the flimsy grounds of "I'm not attracted to a few, so therefor the millions upon millions are completely incompatible with me"

Such an unending circle of judging others.