Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You don't seem to understand. I said they can DO things with Mario, except they CHOOSE not to. For a (typically) platformer type game, there's so much level design and theory to go into the next Mario game that they've taken upon themselves to not use for anything except SM3DW in the last... what, 10 years? The most "innovation" was the addition of multiplayer since NSMB on DS. I also don't see any problem with the Zelda series (except the motion controls on TP and SS making me not play them) with the only exception of the DS ones Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, almost all of which have been unique, different, adventures. Each one taking a generally different approach and art style (unless they're released too close together on the same system) that continues to make the games fun.

I'm also curious where the hell the pink puffball has been nowadays.

As far as other IPs go, Square is sitting on quite a goldmine if they were to work with Nintendo once more and make a SMRPG2 (or let the two characters into Smash 4). There's so much love for Geno (and some for Mallow) even to this day EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS LATER (not technically "new" but VASTLY UNDERUSED, with Geno only showing one super-minor appearance in M&L: Superstar Saga on GBA). Or, y'know, come up with a new character; preferably one who uses magic in some form because magic seems to be seriously lacking in Nintendo's IPs.
    Even Square Enix has to some extent, started alienating Nintendo, but not to such an extent as some other developers have. Square Enix is sitting on currently 2 completed titles for the 3DS that have yet to be released in North America from one franchise alone, but they refuse to translate them despite the fact that they were both shown during the 3DS unveiling at E3 a few years ago. It's kinda pathetic when Square will rehash FF7 or whatever for the umpteenth time yet they won't release two games for one system that people have been begging for since the day they were announced. Yes, Dragon Quest 7 was to be the last remake of the series for the DS platform, this time being 3DS exclusive while they also released a remake and expansion of the first Dragon Quest Monsters game from the Gameboy, but only released it in Japan too. I don't want more mediocre Final Fantasy, I fucking want Dragon Quest damnit!

And yes, a new Super Mario RPG would be awesome but that's essentially what the first two Paper Mario games were, too bad that series took a serious nose dive after The Thousand Year Door (Sticker Star was fucking tripe by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I have already stated in multiple threads why new franchises don't work, there is no reason for Nintendo to invent something new when they have the creative assets as developers to find ways to reinvent their existing franchises without making them feel stagnant and rehashed. Just look at every attempt made by 3rd parties to create something new, most of them haven't been financially successful long term. BioShock and Gears of War are two of only a handful of franchises that have been financially successful.
    I would have to take your word for it, because facts don't support it.What are you going to reinvent about Mario? He's like Mickey Mouse. Forever a jolly good fella. They don't make Metal Gear Mario. There is no The Elder Scrolls VI: Mario, there's just this soulless dude they schtick into every game that would be the same game without Mario.

Except for the fact that there's SO much you can do with Mario & Zelda, but Nintendo continues to play it safe for the most part. However, SM3DW and Link Between Worlds (as well as Wind Waker HD, but that's a remake so it doesn't really count...) are amazingly fantastic games. Maybe they got their imagination and creativity back.

There has been talk of Gen VII being on the Wii U and being named Plus and Minus, so an MMO isn't too to think about (I'm sorry, I had to).

Hell, they don't even need to make it a forced MMO, but they could definitely have some level of MMO-like features like seeing other players in the world and getting to battle/trade with them on the spot rather than at forced locations; just curious how a console Pokemon would fare... I'd much rather prefer them to make it on a handheld (as per the usual) and make a Pokemon Stadium 3 (with online capabilities and 3DS to Wii U connectivity*) that I've been waiting for ever since Pokemon Coliseum let me down so much

* This is already capable as the DS was able to connect to the Wii so I don't see how this would possibly be an issue for Pokemon Stadium 3.

Not to mention for no reason. Due to the lack of endgame in Gen VI (X/Y), I became an Eevee breeder. After a week of that nonsense, I got so bored that I don't play X/Y anymore... Kinda wish they had something besides Battle "Maison" to do...
    That was discussed in the Off Topic Pokemon thread. No one really puts stock in that rumor at all. I doubt they'll ever integrate Pokemon into the Wii U console unless it's a stand alone game, like Pokemon Snap/Stadium, etc.

...I miss Pokemon Snap. Might have to emulate it.
    Even Square Enix has to some extent, started alienating Nintendo, but not to such an extent as some other developers have. Square Enix is sitting on currently 2 completed titles for the 3DS that have yet to be released in North America from one franchise alone, but they refuse to translate them despite the fact that they were both shown during the 3DS unveiling at E3 a few years ago. It's kinda pathetic when Square will rehash FF7 or whatever for the umpteenth time yet they won't release two games for one system that people have been begging for since the day they were announced. Yes, Dragon Quest 7 was to be the last remake of the series for the DS platform, this time being 3DS exclusive while they also released a remake and expansion of the first Dragon Quest Monsters game from the Gameboy, but only released it in Japan too. I don't want more mediocre Final Fantasy, I fucking want Dragon Quest damnit!
    Some games sell better in Japan, some better in America. SE is weird about what they bring over here, regardless of what system it's on.
    Last edited by Ausr; 2014-01-22 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't know about that, they seemed to piss in the hardcore gamer's cereal with the Wii and they wound up alienating 3rd party developers with the Wii U as well, they honestly can't get any lower at this point. I'd rather them abandon the Wii U and come out with a new system that walks all over the competition and sticks to the hardcore gaming mentality. They need to improve their online services but right now they seem to have finally started coming around in that regard. I can understand why they went the way they did for the Wii, they had just come off their worst console sales performance in their history (aside from the Virtual Boy) and needed to find a way to make money. So they did that, and it brought them a lot of financial success, however they failed to truly shift their focus back to what their competitors were doing with the Wii U and that is ultimately been what caused the system to fail. I'd rather them admit to their mistakes and move on to something that will garner them more developer support and more content.
    maybe true, but dropping the WiiU support would only strengthen the disbelieve. People that already passed on Nintendo because they thought the WiiU sucked will be confirmed in their believe and will certainly have the impression that the next thing will flop hard too. People that bought the WiiU will feel screwed and might stay away from Nintendo for good.

Not going through with the WiiU at this point would not only screw the loyal customers but also encourage the Nintendo-opposition, which is already large enough, to treat the next console as a flop and DoA.

So better to go through with the WiiU, reward the loyalists with good first party games, convince one or two of the opposition and release a new console after the WiiU has been around for about 5 years ... that case near to noone will feel screwed.

Go the way of Sega, stop with the consoles and start with the games.

You don't seem to understand. I said they can DO things with Mario, except they CHOOSE not to. For a (typically) platformer type game, there's so much level design and theory to go into the next Mario game that they've taken upon themselves to not use for anything except SM3DW in the last... what, 10 years? The most "innovation" was the addition of multiplayer since NSMB on DS. I also don't see any problem with the Zelda series (except the motion controls on TP and SS making me not play them) with the only exception of the DS ones Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, almost all of which have been unique, different, adventures. Each one taking a generally different approach and art style (unless they're released too close together on the same system) that continues to make the games fun.

As far as other IPs go, Square is sitting on quite a goldmine if they were to work with Nintendo once more and make a SMRPG2 (or let the two characters into Smash 4). There's so much love for Geno (and some for Mallow) even to this day EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS LATER (not technically "new" but VASTLY UNDERUSED, with Geno only showing one super-minor appearance in M&L: Superstar Saga on GBA). Or, y'know, come up with a new character; preferably one who uses magic in some form because magic seems to be seriously lacking in Nintendo's IPs.
    you really missed out on skyward sword. by far my favorite zelda game. and twilight princess you couldve gotten for the gamecube.

i also dont see what his point was about zelda. i mean mario is one character but link is many characters. there isnt ONE link theres like 12 of them. throughout different timelines, different worlds.

hell if they wanted to they could start on a whole new timeline in some other dimension or something. zelda can be anything.

zelda is probably the most flexible of all of nintendos ips.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Kirby? Triple Deluxe just came out in Japan.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you really missed out on skyward sword. by far my favorite zelda game. and twilight princess you couldve gotten for the gamecube.

i also dont see what his point was about zelda. i mean mario is one character but link is many characters. there isnt ONE link theres like 12 of them. throughout different timelines, different worlds.

hell if they wanted to they could start on a whole new timeline in some other dimension or something. zelda can be anything.

zelda is probably the most flexible of all of nintendos ips.
    Not really. In every game there is a different Link, but they are still largely the same character. The only game you could say that Link was a different character was Twilight Princess since it took a somewhat darker approach, but for the most part it is the same personality just presented with different situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering if I should get the Wii U. I'm considering doing both Console gaming and PC(PC is priority but I miss consoles) -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Go the way of Sega, stop with the consoles and start with the games.
    Have you looked at the quality level of Sega games lately?

Nintendo can't be as big as they are, or keep their studios in tact without being a hardware developer. Just like Sega learned, they would have to downsize. Games would become rarer, and they would also be stuck having to publish shovel ware every now and then to make something in a quarter.

Not that I'm saying it won't happen, but if it happens it's a lose lose for nintendo fans and fans of games in general alike. Sure, just like Sega it would start out good with some nice releases on the ps2/gamecube/xbox or in nintendo's case the ps4/xbo. Then it would develop into complete trash.

Sega doesn't even bother to localize most of their games anymore, it would be the sad day Nintendo got to that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wondering if I should get the Wii U. I'm considering doing both Console gaming and PC(PC is priority but I miss consoles) -_-
    No, just get a ps3 second hand or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I enjoy my Wii U, the people bashing it probably don't own one or did when there were next to no decent games on it. I can't get enough of it, the tablet controller is not gimmicky like others claim it to be... Seriously, you guys must not actually own a Wii U if you state that the tablet is gimmicky. Anyone who has played a game with it likes it, fuck even Game Grumps agree it was really good for Wind Waker HD which I can say is correct as I own one and play WW on it.

It's also a Wii so you can still play your Wii games on it as well as download N64 etc. from the actual Wii virtual console not the Wii U one. My point is, with Smash Bros coming out, you can't go wrong with it if you enjoy Smash Bros because while waiting for new first party games Smash Bros (or multiplayer games in general) fill that void. I can't even imagine what the next Zelda game will be like for Wii U.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the online is decent, they even implement a little online stuff in WW with bottles ansd whatnot. Mario Kart will have online play, Smash Bros will and it will be good, there is no doubt. Fuck even Sakurai (smash bros guy) stated that he's very open to patching the game for balancing, I don't know what else to say outside of being really happy to hear that as someone who really enjoys Smash bros competitively.
    Hey everyone

I would be livid if that were true, considering I bought a Wii U about 6 weeks ago. Unless they do something extremely generous akin to the Ambassador program (but better).
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    [video=youtube;cNY4RP6YvDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNY4RP6YvDo[video]

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ext-Gen-System
    Would be better if they did research on hardware. As pointed out the two CPUs if real, one is used for backward compatibility to Wii U, with PCPower architecture such as the Wii it didn't need an extra set of hardware. Like PS2 and fat PS3 it was essentially two sets of hardware stuck together into one chassis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll consider it Duru.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Nintendo will now make shoes. That play videogames. And are shoes.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    i would buy it.

Maybe they'll go back to making playing cards for the Yakuza:

http://kotaku.com/5784314/the-ninten...nd-love-hotels

EDIT: NSFW. Some of the playing cards Nintendo used to manufacture had nude photos, one of which is displayed in the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If that plays Mario it'll sell.