Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A free for all battleground would fucking rock ass and socks off body. Every man for himself (ladies too) with lots of corridors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I'm a little surprised on the druids, are they doing that well? OR just really fun to play, I def thought warlock and mage would be top.
    you have to take into consideration that druid has 4 specs/roles. a warlock/mage is just a caster dps
    if my calculations are correct there are 11 classes and 23 spec/roles.
    if you really wanna see which is most populair you also have to take those things into account

15+ Year Old Account
    Really nice to see the balance among class specs is mostly equal these days but the class poll frustrates me because the options are not sorted alphabetically.

Would also be interesting to resort the graph by class/role as well, since rogues seem under-represented, but partly because they can only fufill one role.

Deleted
    Comparing with previous expansion the most relevant things I see is: more hunters and warlocks, less mages and rogues.

Hunters on DS were really bad, warlocks this expansion are the most powerful class no debate there, rogues on DS probably were more because legendary and mages this expansion suck hard (light version of a warlock)

Deleted
    I wonder if blizzard is still unhappy with the warlock revamp. Looking at these statistics they've been a huge succes, they were the 2e least played class before that.
    Now part of it is also that they gave warlocks a hero class treatment with lots of utility and making sure they perform really well on dps (mage and i'm allright with the latter not the former :P).

Hmm but this is raiding as well so it's a bit hard to tell compare the overal statistics i seen last. Paladin has always been the highest but druids probably beat them because SoO favours resto druids.

You can also notice that warriors and DK's arn't gaining the benefit popularity hybrids have. Probably has to do that the raidcomposition is extremely limited to the number of tanks. Combine that with raids prefering more ranged spots than melee and they have a lot of competition on their spots and resulting in a decline of desire to do that role.

I think it would be more interesting to see this typ of stats based on role. Tanks, Healers and DPS, that way we would get a decent picture of what classes/specs needs buffs/nerfs or reworks to make them more interesting to play.

If we take druids as an example (the example is completely made up), knowing that a lot of people plays druid doesn't say a lot, maybe if we looked at role we would find out that druid tanks is really rare compared to warrior/paladin/dk/monk tanks and that resto is far more common then priest/paladin/shaman/monk.

If we had that type of information we could start looking at what's causes it, does druid tanks need a buff? Or is they more boring to play compare to other tanks? If the first one, buff them, if the second one revamp them.

And if we look at dps, what if five times as many warlocks has killed Garrosh hc then paladins, then maybe warlocks needs a nerf, pallys needs a buff, retris is very boring to play and needs a revamp or maybe holy or prot is so op that paladins are forced to play that instead of retri and holy/prot needs a nerf.

Im not surprised Death Knights are on the lower part of the list. I would think its because the fact you have to level up your first toon to Lvl55 in order to play DK. By then, most likely that toon would already be your main.

Deleted
    I've main'd Rogue since vanilla, I don't think I've ever struggled to get a decent pair of daggers so much. The loot system seems to be double gold or something I already have. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Priest bars being white on a white background just does not look good.
    Sort your brightness/contrast out, that is not a white background.

Monks, well nobody rly likes a panda in this kind of games....I hope Blizzard gets a bit mature now...

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    If I was a betting man, I would wager that the majority of those druids, are feral. Thankfully I am not a betting man, and as such I won't lose whatever I would have had to wager. WTB more feral love.
    I would love to see a separate 10/25 man chart, given I was surprised to see mages so far behind locks even if locks are (and have been) fairly beasty.

Monks, well nobody rly likes a panda in this kind of games....I hope Blizzard gets a bit mature now...
    Because Monks *have* to be Pandas, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Priest bars being white on a white background just does not look good. I thought it was just blank space until I moused over it and numbers appeared.
    Your monitor settings might be faulty. background is yellow-ish bar is white.

@Chaud: I think a black border around the white bars, equal to the white border around the other colors could make them easier to see.

@Twitter SPriest discussion: It's hilariously depressing to see how Blizzard fights teeth and claw against shadow priest getting proper single target damage. I really wished that one of those Blizzard DEVs was stuck with a shadow on a fight like H-Malkorok, so he can feel how utterly frustrating it can be to be so far behind.

would have put paladins higher druids at the top sounds right though (quad spec can be amazing for progression)

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of rogues / warlocks uesd for Garrosh heroic? Surprise....

Deleted
    So arcane slow is intentionally PvP nerfed. Glad to see stupid gameplay aka 5.4 warrior is still rewarded to play, yet people that actually want to use something semi-broken and make it work get fucked over.ž

I wonder if blizzard is still unhappy with the warlock revamp. Looking at these statistics they've been a huge succes, they were the 2e least played class before that.
    Now part of it is also that they gave warlocks a hero class treatment with lots of utility and making sure they perform really well on dps (mage and i'm allright with the latter not the former :P)
    After playing warlocks for 8 years I can safely say that the revamp made a 180 change and made me and a lot of old locks quit; the class mechanics have very little to work like they did in cata and all before.

Anyways, they are a PvE fotm for the whole xpac and require a small amount of brainwork for LFR porpuses to reach top dps, so not much will change.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    Wow really?? I never knew that Monks were a Pandarian only class must tell all the other races they can't be monks.. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    I think it would be more interesting to see this typ of stats based on role. Tanks, Healers and DPS, that way we would get a decent picture of what classes/specs needs buffs/nerfs or reworks to make them more interesting to play.

If we take druids as an example (the example is completely made up), knowing that a lot of people plays druid doesn't say a lot, maybe if we looked at role we would find out that druid tanks is really rare compared to warrior/paladin/dk/monk tanks and that resto is far more common then priest/paladin/shaman/monk.

If we had that type of information we could start looking at what's causes it, does druid tanks need a buff? Or is they more boring to play compare to other tanks? If the first one, buff them, if the second one revamp them.

And if we look at dps, what if five times as many warlocks has killed Garrosh hc then paladins, then maybe warlocks needs a nerf, pallys needs a buff, retris is very boring to play and needs a revamp or maybe holy or prot is so op that paladins are forced to play that instead of retri and holy/prot needs a nerf.
    While the information isn't nearly as comprehensive, seeing as it's drawn from parses voluntarily posted, raidbots has some info by spec that looks at this. It doesn't seem to have data for heroic kills past Thok, so we'll use that as the furtherest in we have data for.

Code:
    DPS Spec   # parses   Percent
    DK Frost   1293         5.4
    DK UH       368         1.5
    Dru Bal    1481         6.2
    Dru Cat     586         2.5
    Hunt BM    1057         4.4
    Hunt MM      44         0.2
    Hunt SV    1986         8.3
    Mage Arc    977         4.1
    Mage Fire  1551         6.5
    Mage Fr     394         1.6
    Monk MM     680         2.8
    Pal Ret    1614         6.8
    Pr Shad    1670         7.0
    Rog Ass     568         2.4
    Rog Cbt    1905         8.0
    Rog Sub     273         1.1
    Sham Ele    862         3.6
    Sham Enh    642         2.7
    WL Aff     1378         5.8
    WL Demo     133         0.6
    WL Dest    2144         9.0
    War Arms     86         0.4
    War Fury   2203         9.2

Total     23895       100.1

Heal Spec  # parses   Percent
    Dru Resto  1844        17.3
    Monk MW     930         8.7
    Pal Holy   1960        18.4
    Pr Disc    2394        22.4
    Pr holy     701         6.6
    Sha Resto  2846        26.7

Total     10675       100.1

Tank Spec  # parses   Percent
    DK Blood    476        15.8
    Dru Bear    330        11.0
    Monk BM     517        17.2
    Pal Prot    866        28.8
    War Prot    821        27.3

Total      3010       100.1
    The average percentage for a DPS spec is ~4.3%, for healers ~16.7%, and for tanks 20%. Thus we can see that for this fight (Thok 25H) Arms Warriors, Demo Warlocks, and MM Hunters are incredibly under-represented, but as other specs in those classes aren't, this is probably because they've all changed spec. We can be comfortable saying that this isn't the case with the unpopular WW Monk, and nor is it the case with the popular Shadow Priest. It's more straightforward with tanks (Warriors and Paladins good, DKs and Druids bad), and healers (Monks and Holy Priests are out, Disc is in).

Here is the DPS, this time by class:

Code:
    DPS Class  # parses   Percent
    DK         1661         7.0
    Druid      2067         8.7
    Hunter     3087        12.9
    Mage       2922        12.2
    Monk        680         2.8
    Paladin    1614         6.8
    Priest     1670         7.0
    Rogue      2746        11.5
    Shaman     1504         6.3
    Warlock    3655        15.3
    Warrior    2289         9.6

Total     23895       100.1
    The average percentage is ~9.1%, so we can see that all pure DPS classes are 'over' represented, with Warlocks way over. We can also see that Monks are really suffering, of the other hybrids Warriors are doing well and everyone else is about average (for a hybrid). Thus the apparently very popular Shadow Priest is actually of average popularity when you allow for the pures being spread over several specs (the same goes for Retribution Paladins).

Obviously whether pures should be more highly represented to allow for their lack of role flexibility is arguable, and one would need to use data from more than one fight to get a good picture, and so on, though a cursory look shows DPS following broadly the same pattern over the whole raid.

Maybe if Blizzard buffs S priests, all the warlock re rollers will dust off their priest? Never seen so many struggling locks that clearly have little grasp on the class despite the class overhaul / simplification out and about in the world, in pug raids and bg's etc.

I'd suggest adding another boss or doing a different breakdown by bosses. Little confused on the reasoning behind Dark Shamans especially, as it isn't a major milestone or step up in difficulty or roadblock.

Suggestion: Immerseus, Malkorok, Thok, Garrosh. Anyway, Malkorok and Seigcrafter are major milestones or step ups in difficulty and was hoping a better way to represent the bosses perhaps, or heck just do all the bosses if you can fit it.

Idk an accurate way to measure spec representation, but if you can find a way to report it, it would be far, far more useful than class representation in for heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I'd suggest adding another boss or doing a different breakdown by bosses. Little confused on the reasoning behind Dark Shamans especially, as it isn't a major milestone or step up in difficulty or roadblock.

Suggestion: Immerseus, Malkorok, Thok, Garrosh. Anyway, Malkorok and Seigcrafter are major milestones or step ups in difficulty and was hoping a better way to represent the bosses perhaps, or heck just do all the bosses if you can fit it.

Idk an accurate way to measure spec representation, but if you can find a way to report it, it would be far, far more useful than class representation in for heroic raiding.
    I could only comfortably fit 3 bosses, so the first, last, and one in the middle were what I picked. I could grab data for all of them, but I'm not sure it would show anything very interesting.

If I could tell what spec someone was at the time of a kill I would! There just isn't any super reliable way to do so.