Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rogue Class Concept - WoD

As we know, there is supposed to be some tweaks incoming for the Rogue class with WoD. The Devs have said that they want to better differentiate between the three specs. I am very much looking forward to what they bring to the table. In the meantime, I have drawn out a design concept of my own. These proposed spec changes revolve around a couple of specific class changes:

1. Only utility poisons would be directly applied to our weapons. Assassination, with poison being their specialty, would be the only spec to apply poison that does actual damage; And this would be as an active mechanic. Rogues would now utilize two different utility poisons at all times.

2. Combo Points would be "on the Rogue" instead of "on our target". While this change doesn't really affect this particular concept, it's an important request of mine. Rogues, being the only pure melee class, should also be the most versatile melee class IMO.

Onto the actual spec concepts. The general idea is to increase the individual flavor of each spec and create more synergy. Some abilities and/or mechanics were moved from one spec to another to accomplish that goal. I think the Rogue class would be more appealing to more players with these changes. Feel free to leave feedback!

Note: Any specific numbers used below are to show intent of the design and not exact balance.

Assassination

The Assassination spec would revolve around the application of Deadly Poison. The duration of DP would be short, but the damage substantial. Shiv is once again redesigned to fill the niche here as the main applicator of DP. Each use of Shiv would apply or extend the duration of DP by 7 seconds up to a maximum of 1-2 minutes. The gameplay would be in knowing when and when not to extend the duration. You always want it on your target. But while using dps cooldowns, you may just want to maintain DP. Othertimes, you might want to stack it up because you can't stay on the target for periods of time. The flexibility of this mechanic is what makes it really shine.

I am also proposing a change to the execute mechanic. Dispatch would be moved to Combat where it makes more sense. Assassination's execute mechanic would then be.......Deadly Poison. DP would do X% more damage to targets under 35% health. That makes sense to me.

There are a few more changes, but one important thing is the idea that each spec would get it's own unique damage dealing opener that works symbiotically with that spec. For Assassination, that opener would apply also apply DP for example.

Openers:
    Deadly Strike - 35 E (300%) - Applies / Extends Deadly Poison for 7 sec
    Garrote - 35 E
    Cheap Shot - 35 E (300%) - Instant damage + Stun

Combo Builders:
    Master Strike - 35 E (200%) - 30% Chance to proc Mutilate
    Mutilate - Ø E (300%) - Creates 2 combo points
    Shiv - 25 E (100%) - Applies / Extends Deadly Poison for 7 sec
    Fan of Knives - 35 E (200%)

Combo Consumers:
    Eviscerate - 5 CP (400%)
    Envenom - 5 CP (200%) - Cleave 3-5 targets and Applies / Extends Deadly Poison for 7 sec

Combat

The Combat spec would be purely focused on weapon attacks and self-buffs. This would be the only spec to use Slice and Dice, and it would be refreshed by Eviscerate similar to the current mechanic in Assassination. The Dispatch + Blindside mechanic is placed here because it compliments the rest of the package.

Openers:
    Ambush - 50 E (350%) - Applies Slice and Dice
    Garrote - 35 E

Combo Builders:
    Sinister Strike - 35 E (250%)
    Revealing Strike - 40 E (150%) - Effect applies to SS and Dispatch
    Dispatch - 30 E (400%)

Combo Consumers:
    Eviscerate - 5 CP (400%) - Refreshes Slice and Dice
    Slice and Dice - 5 CP

Subtlety

The Sub spec would remain focused on their Bleeds and Finishers. Whether or not Sub needs it's own execute mechanic is up for debate; Maybe the Double Strike ability could create 2 CPs when attacking a target below 35% health. This is the one spec that would become a bridge between the old and new.

Openers:
    Slash - 50 E (400%) - Applies Rupture Bleed
    Garrote - 35 E

Combo Builders:
    Double Strike - 35 E (300%) - Strike the target twice for 150% wep damage
    Hemorrhage - 40 E (250%) - Applies Hemorrhage Bleed @ 100% wep damage

Combo Consumers:
    Eviscerate - 5 CP (400%)
    Rupture - 5 CP
    Crimson Tempest - 5 CP

Notes

~ Recuperate would be removed from the game. Leeching Poison would then be buffed extensively as compensation. This may be a case where Leeching Poison would need to be made baseline along with our other utility poisons.

~ Acidic Poison would be a new addition to our utility poisons that applies the Weakened Armor Debuff as a replacement for Expose Armor.

~ I would like to see Preparation removed from the game. Idealistically, I would like to see the cooldown on Vanish lowered drastically. I want to have more interaction with Vanish and our openers without breaking PvP.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2014-01-22 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    To many abilitys, Blizz wants us to have less buttons to press, not more. I think 2 openers, 2 builders and 2 finishers per spec is enough.

I like some of the ideas though!

Deadly Poison doing bonus damage is not exactly an execute mechanic.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing Deadly Poison from two of the speccs.. I don't know if that would sit too well with many rogues.

My overall thoughts:

I'm fine with getting rid of my damage poisons if I can provide more buffs/debuffs for the raid.

Assassination becoming a snapshot-esque melee spec would be awesome.

Your ideas for Combat and Subtlety don't seem as well thought out.
    For example, how does Find Weakness fit into Subtlety? How is Combat a buff-focused spec when Eviscerate is still a finisher? What rotation ideas did you have about Combat and Subtlety?
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

This would be enough to make me cancell my sub. I enjoy my Assassination rotation and you are proposing breaking my rogue

This is an example of a harsh and unproductive critique. If you've got something to add, try more of a "why" and less of a "your ideas suck" and maybe people will take you seriously. It's also good advice for not getting infractions on MMO-C. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-01-21 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Deadly Poison doing bonus damage is not exactly an execute mechanic.
    I am of the opinion that not all "execute" abilities have to be an active ability to push. I think that works great for some specs. Others, not so much. Sometimes, there just isn't room and trying to jam that type of an ability into a priority just causes unnecessary bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Removing Deadly Poison from two of the speccs.. I don't know if that would sit too well with many rogues.
    There is an alternative. A small damage component could be attached to each and every utility poison. But, I'm not so sure how that would work and whether or not it could be balanced. You want to pick your utility poison for it's utility, ya know. That's the first priority. But, if it could be done. Then that would be an option.

But if there is no button to press, why do we need an execute bonus? Unless it is an strong flavour reason (and those reasons are hardly ever important anymore) i see no benefit in any way.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    My overall thoughts:

I'm fine with getting rid of my damage poisons if I can provide more buffs/debuffs for the raid.

Assassination becoming a snapshot-esque melee spec would be awesome.

Your ideas for Combat and Subtlety don't seem as well thought out.
    For example, how does Find Weakness fit into Subtlety? How is Combat a buff-focused spec when Eviscerate is still a finisher? What rotation ideas did you have about Combat and Subtlety?
    Any mechanic that currently affects Ambush, whether it's through the spec or talent grid, would also affect each new opener as well. So that covers everything from Find Weakness to Cloak and Dagger and everything in between.

When I said buff-focused, it was more a reference to the fact that those are the type of timers you would be watching (Revealing Strike, Slice and Dice) as opposed to Bleed DoTs.

As far as "rotations" go, the idea is for Combat to play like a combination of current Combat and Assassination: Keep up Revealing Strike. Keep up SnD by refreshing with Eviscerate. Nail your Dispatch procs above 35%. Switch to Dispatch over SS below 35%. Utilize Ambush when possible.

Sub would still be all about juggling it's Bleed DoTs and maximizing the two main finishers. This is the one spec that wouldn't change too much. Just more refined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But if there is no button to press, why do we need an execute bonus? Unless it is an strong flavour reason (and those reasons are hardly ever important anymore) i see no benefit in any way.
    I like flavour myself. And I'm sure anyone that PvPs would find extra damage during executable health levels very beneficial. But, I also figure that if we take something away (Dispatch), then we should offer some sort of replacement even if it's not an active ability.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2014-01-21 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    Although Poisons are a rogue specific thing (the only unique thing we have left actually) the use of it right now is way too passive and not really an interesting gameplay mechanic. You apply it, and reapply when the timer is about to run out. (why they didn’t make it an aura that is active until cancelled, is beyond me, but whatever) Assassinations mastery only makes your damage more passive.

I like the idea of assassination being about poisons, combat about face-to-face and subtlety about using bleeds and hard finishers.
    I don’t mind seeing DP removed for 2 specs, if they get replaced by something interesting, or by spec specific poisons, poisons that fit the spec or complement them in the areas where they are lacking.
    The rogue unique mechanic that is poison, does not necessary have to be something you apply to your weapon and applied passively through attacks, it can be something that is thrown in the eyes, injected by a dart, applied by a bottle, spit out by the rogue itself, or anything I did not come up with…
    I just hope Blizzard is imaginative enough to think outside the box when it comes to poisons and give all specs a meaningful use.
    And it is time to remove Tricks, since that has outlived its purpose now that it is no use for the rogue and no use for the tank.

I dislike any change that removes or even weakens poisons. I am still very sad that I can't get improved poisons as combat. Cata and mop poisons are gimped unless you run mutilate, and that's awful enough.

I dislike most of your ideas. I really hate "delete recup", and I don't know why you would say that. I don't think we would need spec specific openers, though I would like ambush to function (perhaps at less damage) from the front, and be worth using in ALL situations, perhaps by making it cheaper or something. If Ambush was baseline free, then shadow focus could be something more interesting- obviously, shadow dance would need to be addressed. The idea of having ambush provide slice and dice is good, though I would pick something like revealing strike debuff.

I am thoroughly sick of "oh bee tee dub, delete prep that's ok right?"

No. That is not ok. I will write you a fucking novel about it too, if I need to. Prep is an excellent mechanic, it is specific to wow, it's great to have an extra escape or burst button, and it's both powerful and cool. Prep is a core mechanic. Fun fact: rogues have not had a viable season without prep. I really get sick of all the prep hate. If it actually got removed, the shitstorm that would ensue would be surprising to the vocal minority that imagines super great buffs in exchange for it, and literally no one else.

In 5.0, you could take shadowstep instead of prep. Rogues were awful, and there was no repairing them. But, to your mind, if they deleted prep, we'd be balanced around not having it. So, why weren't we? Why wasn't shadowstep rogue given survival similar to prep?

How about, say, all of Cata? Three specs, only one could have prep. It's sure good that they gave Mutilate and Combat all the needed survival and gap closers to compete..... oh wait, that didn't happen. I played hundreds of games as those specs and they were all awful awful sadsack. Only sub was viable, because only sub had prep. The other specs were NOT buffed to compensate, NOR were they held back because you MIGHT have prep. It was impossible, yet, still, no compensation.

How about LK? Everyone played mutilate, but it also took prep. You'd get mutilate, then prep.

How about BC? HARP, the P was prep. You could play a version of hemo that had prep and cold blood.

How about vanilla? Hemo spec got to hemo, then cold blood, which meant it had prep.

Prep is a big part of what rogues are.

Dispatch is a really good and very assassination mechanic. It's not much of a combat mechanic, and I don't think it's intended that multiple specs have executes.
    Last edited by Verain; 2014-01-22 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I dislike any change that removes or even weakens poisons. I am still very sad that I can't get improved poisons as combat. Cata and mop poisons are gimped unless you run mutilate, and that's awful enough.

I dislike most of your ideas. I really hate "delete recup", and I don't know why you would say that. I don't think we would need spec specific openers, though I would like ambush to function (perhaps at less damage) from the front, and be worth using in ALL situations, perhaps by making it cheaper or something. If Ambush was baseline free, then shadow focus could be something more interesting- obviously, shadow dance would need to be addressed. The idea of having ambush provide slice and dice is good, though I would pick something like revealing strike debuff.

I am thoroughly sick of "oh bee tee dub, delete prep that's ok right?"

No. That is not ok. I will write you a fucking novel about it too, if I need to. Prep is an excellent mechanic, it is specific to wow, it's great to have an extra escape or burst button, and it's both powerful and cool. Prep is a core mechanic. Fun fact: rogues have not had a viable season without prep. I really get sick of all the prep hate. If it actually got removed, the shitstorm that would ensue would be surprising to the vocal minority that imagines super great buffs in exchange for it, and literally no one else.

In 5.0, you could take shadowstep instead of prep. Rogues were awful, and there was no repairing them. But, to your mind, if they deleted prep, we'd be balanced around not having it. So, why weren't we? Why wasn't shadowstep rogue given survival similar to prep?

How about, say, all of Cata? Three specs, only one could have prep. It's sure good that they gave Mutilate and Combat all the needed survival and gap closers to compete..... oh wait, that didn't happen. I played hundreds of games as those specs and they were all awful awful sadsack. Only sub was viable, because only sub had prep. The other specs were NOT buffed to compensate, NOR were they held back because you MIGHT have prep. It was impossible, yet, still, no compensation.

How about LK? Everyone played mutilate, but it also took prep. You'd get mutilate, then prep.

How about BC? HARP, the P was prep. You could play a version of hemo that had prep and cold blood.

How about vanilla? Hemo spec got to hemo, then cold blood, which meant it had prep.

Prep is a big part of what rogues are.

Dispatch is a really good and very assassination mechanic. It's not much of a combat mechanic, and I don't think it's intended that multiple specs have executes.
    Passive damage is weak gameplay. There is way too much passive damage happening with the Rogue class. Having Deadly Poison changed to an active mechanic is much more appealing than what we have now. For the sake of good gameplay. Having flexibility of "rotation" within the Energy/Combo Point system is a thing of beauty.

The healing from Recup would be rolled into Leeching Poison. The primary reason here is to combat button bloat. But, Recup is too expensive IMO for what we get out of it. And Leeching Poison has room for improvement. I think it's best to combine the healing output from the two into one single baseline and buffed Leeching Poison.

Prep needs to go. Just like Readiness for Hunters. It's a horrible crutch for the class. And considering that Readiness is becoming an actual stat in WoD, I am willing to bet that Prep will indeed be removed, along with Cold Snap for Mages. Just because things were not adjusted to a satisfactory point with the removal of Prep the first time, doesn't mean that it can't be done. How would it feel to play a Rogue with a 30sec cooldown on Vanish? That's what I'm talking about.

In my concept, Dispatch just doesn't fit with the new Deadly Poison mechanic in Assassination. I think that the Dispatch/Blindside ability/mechanic is a decent addition to the class. So I don't really want to see it thrown away. And after my specific tweaks to Combat, there was room available there for more. Dispatch is a weapon strike that hits really hard. The essence of Combat is the quick weapon strikes. It makes sense to me that the Dispatch/Blindside mechanic would actually fit in better with Combat than it ever did with Assassination.

i have submitted something similar to this before, but i would personally like to see some better changes to our utility rather than rotation (even though i think rotation needs it also). WoD is the perfect expansion to make these NEEDED rogue changes for, and i feel this is a good place to post them because ive tried posting these ideas elsewhere and i get spammed with rogue hate from other classes.

My ideas are that things like Evasion. Evasion gives 100% to dodge and is a major cooldown, this however is completely useless against a wide variety of classes that do little or no physical damage, the same with Combat readiness in cases where there are no sources to get procs, and also cloak of shadows is a major cooldown that is useless against non magic users. Rogues have a fair amount of utility, which they should, but all the abilities are pretty much for specific scenarios and dont flex around as well as i think they should. having evasion and combat readiness leaves you with vanish, feint (if spec'd) and CoS for defense which is awful in comparisons to other classes such as warrior, priest, monk, druid, shaman, who all have defensives that will do the job regardless of what is hitting them. ( i only call out these classes specifically because they are classes i play or work closely with).

So now in WoD, dodge and parry are being removed, what a perfect oportunity to fine tune evasion in to something much more universal, this is much needed. I sympathize with those who think rogues to be "OP", but most can agree that rogues are squishy, and as of right now in 5.2 rogues defense is having a good offense. Evasion needs to be tuned to fit more scenarios, combat readiness needs to be more reliable, or nerve strike needs to be buffed because 89% of the time, if you are stunning someone, you are being offensive, and 89% of the time if you need to be defensive you are going to run and heal, not stay and be hit. please let me know you guy's thoughts. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Combat needs it's own off-hand finisher.

Blade Dive- 5 CP, 400% weapon damage, refreshes slice and dice, increase chance to proc main gauche by 5% per combo point for 1 second per combo point.

Make Main Gauche a base 30% chance to proc.
    Mastery changed to increase damage of each phase of Bandits Guile.

I am totally fine with losing poisons on my Sub and Combat Rogues, replaced with something more interesting. Poisons are set and forget passive damage. In fact I'd like them to be more interactive for Assass as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    i have submitted something similar to this before, but i would personally like to see some better changes to our utility rather than rotation (even though i think rotation needs it also). WoD is the perfect expansion to make these NEEDED rogue changes for, and i feel this is a good place to post them because ive tried posting these ideas elsewhere and i get spammed with rogue hate from other classes.

My ideas are that things like Evasion. Evasion gives 100% to dodge and is a major cooldown, this however is completely useless against a wide variety of classes that do little or no physical damage, the same with Combat readiness in cases where there are no sources to get procs, and also cloak of shadows is a major cooldown that is useless against non magic users. Rogues have a fair amount of utility, which they should, but all the abilities are pretty much for specific scenarios and dont flex around as well as i think they should. having evasion and combat readiness leaves you with vanish, feint (if spec'd) and CoS for defense which is awful in comparisons to other classes such as warrior, priest, monk, druid, shaman, who all have defensives that will do the job regardless of what is hitting them. ( i only call out these classes specifically because they are classes i play or work closely with).

So now in WoD, dodge and parry are being removed, what a perfect oportunity to fine tune evasion in to something much more universal, this is much needed. I sympathize with those who think rogues to be "OP", but most can agree that rogues are squishy, and as of right now in 5.2 rogues defense is having a good offense. Evasion needs to be tuned to fit more scenarios, combat readiness needs to be more reliable, or nerve strike needs to be buffed because 89% of the time, if you are stunning someone, you are being offensive, and 89% of the time if you need to be defensive you are going to run and heal, not stay and be hit. please let me know you guy's thoughts. thanks.
    Assuming Prep is removed from the game, maybe Evasion should be a 75% chance to "evade" any attack for 15 seconds (1 minute cooldown). Would that be fair?
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2014-01-23 at 11:46 AM.

I like your idea clash1 but these other guys don't receive new ideas with an open mind; i wonder how long till they figure out they are fodder in pvp.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I wish we had more active abilities not less. I wish they'd give us back cold blood.

I have played assassination forever and it's basically the only spec I really enjoy. However, I wouldn't mind having harder hitting combos builders/finishers/spells and less passive damage. I think that's what the devs should focus on for WoD.

As for prep, I like it, don't touch it!
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    Passive damage is weak gameplay.
    Citation needed.

Much jaw flapping about "passive". Our poisons augment many of our attacks, including specials. If your mutilate damage range is active, then so is the poison that it can trigger. To maximize your poison damage requires skilled play for mutilate. Simply put, it's a type of melee damage that pierces armor that only rogues get. That's pretty cool.

Having Deadly Poison changed to an active mechanic is much more appealing than what we have now.
    YOU might like it better, but I wouldn't. It's definitely not "for the sake of good gameplay". Pretty much everyone who asks for this really is saying "I want to burst like a frost DK".

Having flexibility of "rotation" within the Energy/Combo Point system is a thing of beauty.
    Our current system isn't unflexible.

The healing from Recup would be rolled into Leeching Poison.
    I don't want to have to run leeching poison. I don't even like the model of having to deal damage to make heals, that sucks. I often do the LEAST damage when I'm taking the most. I hate this idea from every perspective.

The primary reason here is to combat button bloat.
    There is no such thing as button bloat. We have buttons for situations, and that's fine.

But, Recup is too expensive IMO for what we get out of it.
    Yes, it is. Recuperate should be buffed.

One of the bigger issues is that the percent based heals got totally and ludicrously shit on this expac. Notice: second wind is just the same as before, but it's much less frequently complained about. Why? Because as OP as it was, it has been totally trashed by the percent heal thing. In that same time, recup got relatively large buffs, but still sucks, for the same reason.

The issue is this: each patch has ramped up resilience and battle fatigue. These are two throughput reductions designed to ensure that our exponentially scaling offenses and healing don't outstrip our linear scaling defenses, and wouldn't be a problem if Blizzard didn't put such an insulting number of item levels in the game (I am a big believer that fully half of WoW's problems are caused by this unchecked and unmitigated gear treadmill, which is moving four to seven times the speed of when the game was more successful, a rant for another time).

But, our health doesn't scale like that. Your opening 80k dps is now 300k. Your health didn't go up by that same factor. If recuperate was based on agility, then it would scale like our damage, and like the healing of a healer. It SHOULD scale that way. These moves should use the same throughput formula as everything else (esp. involving hasted hot ticks and crit ticks).

And Leeching Poison has room for improvement. I think it's best to combine the healing output from the two into one single baseline and buffed Leeching Poison.
    Last thing I want to see, seriously. Leeching poison could just be buffed. It would probably be better if leeching poison did something like this:

"If this target is damaged by deadly poison, the rogue heals for X% of the damage. If this target is damaged by wound poison, the rogue heals for Y% of the damage." Note that X could be greater than 100%, and probably should be. This would also create interesting situations like "the mutilate rogue heals for his health bar every second during the sustained aoe phase". The reason this is much better is that you would continue to receive healing off target.

But, recup? We need that. I use recup in raids and pvp. I use leeching poison absolutely never ever- I think that dumb troll guy was the last time.

Holinka tweeted some responses regarding the concerns about battle fatigue and resilience and how they poop on percent heals. There's no fix for mop, but for wod they mostly want to eliminate these throughput dampeners:

https://twitter.com/VerainOfUrsin/st...05286670569472

Prep needs to go. Just like Readiness for Hunters.
    Unlike the hunter version, prep is just fine.

Readiness created issues for hunters because they were stacking forward with their dps cooldowns, which readiness effected. Prep stopped effecting dps cooldowns in burning crusade. The defensive parts were kept. While you could advocate for a two charge evasion, vanish, dismantle, and sprint, not only would this reduce the skill of these moves compared to live (aka, it would be a buff), but it would take away the very interesting "should I press prep" thing. Prep, Readiness, and Cold Snap sound similar, but in practice they are miles apart. Prep is iconic, powerful, interesting, and cool. Cold Snap less so, but it is readiness that really stood out as an issue for balancing.

And considering that Readiness is becoming an actual stat in WoD, I am willing to bet that Prep will indeed be removed, along with Cold Snap for Mages.
    Readiness becoming a stat has nothing to do with the rest of this. Readiness is a throughput stat- you get more dps cooldowns. Do you also get more defensives? We don't know yet. Either way, this should have no impact on prep.

Just because things were not adjusted to a satisfactory point with the removal of Prep the first time, doesn't mean that it can't be done. How would it feel to play a Rogue with a 30sec cooldown on Vanish? That's what I'm talking about.

I'd much rather be able to prep an emergency vanish than have to be balanced around zipping in and out of stealth. I don't like the idea of needing to rely on vanish, it should be a powerful button, not rotational.

Also, here's the times prep was unavailable:

Vanilla, for any deep assassination or deep combat. These specs had very little survival value, nor were they very feared.
    Burning Crusade, for any deep assassination or deep combat. Despite the rare success of mutilate rogues and season 1 combat rogues, there weren't many high ranked rogues that didn't walk into the arena with prep. Deep sub, HARP, and cold blood hemo all had and needed prep. The mutilate rogue success was mostly based on high profile gimmick rogues ("renataki twins", etc.), and the success of combat was always limited to 2s in that first season.
    Lich King, for any hunger for blood or killing spree spec. Deep assassination was not played by anyone. Killing Spree was a one trick pony, and not well repped, and that's because it didn't have prep. The more common mutilate/prep specs and shadowdance specs all had access to it, and other oddball specs did as well (SHARP, shiv).
    Cata there were two specs available that had ZERO access to prep. TWO of them, and BOTH sucked, for every single season. Totally unplayable garbage, only sub could be played. All their iteration and design had no visibility in pvp outside of sub, which of course, had prep.
    Dawn of mop saw it become a talent point, and all rogues were trash until it became baseline.

Prep needs to be baseline for rogues, period. I don't trust any redesign without it, they have shown they have no ability to balance rogues without prep, despite having nearly a decade of time to do so safely (it's always been easy to put something out of reach of a prep rogue, but that thing has never been good enough in pvp to give up prep for).

The current model is the best here. They can twiddle around with other stuff. Hands off prep!

In my concept, Dispatch just doesn't fit with the new Deadly Poison mechanic in Assassination.
    Yea, I can see that now. I just don't like your concept. But you are correct that you'd want dispatch out of there if you had something like that, it wouldn't fit the "burst poison" archetype you designed up there.

Hi Verain; i just want to say that our currant resource system is so outdated that our class uniqueness to be resourceful (as a rogue) is not met. My resolve is undaunting to rectify the situation.

there has been a great terrible stealth war raged upon rogue players (that play as main) for the past five years to currant. the hate from other class' (that play main) is stubborn; adamant, determined, dogged, headstrong, inflexible intractable, ornery, persistent, perverse, Bullheaded, stiff necked etc. this hate flows.

rogue is in conflict with spiritual path which leads to one end, Truth. The path of the thief leads to Truth just as the path to warrior leads to truth.. in so doing Thieves are easiest picked upon because all the smarties don't act to defend their own even though thieves are part of society as well.

so as you can see this is much larger than mere simple buff talk.

the energy scale is 1/5 because there are five combo points. the combo generators them selves are based @ 30, 60, 50 energy. these numbers do not have a 1/5 of 20 energy applied to them for energy consumption - now I have thought about this long and hard in my little head but as compromise 28 energy across the board for combo generators is fine. if we fix the resource we fix the damage because the system is designed to make up damage loss from combo generators with a finisher that hits like a two hand weapon.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-01-24 at 09:28 PM. Reason: edit
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”