Poll: buying level 60s?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would buying level 60's be better?

What if blizzard was to release buying level 60's to buy? would this be better?

People would get greens for Outland and come back to the 'oldest' content for WoW and still have a lot to go through the zones in a correct timeline.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

a boost is a boost, whether it is level 2, 20, 90, or 100. Whether it is full green gear, blue, LFR or heroic. A boost is a boost and provides an advantage.

Players in general don't seem to enjoy 1-85 as much as they used to, understandably after all these years. If they are gonna provide a boost, might as well provide a rela boost, not a 1/4 boost to max level (I mean getting to level 60 is very fast comapred to the later levels)

A boost through the part of the levelling experience that takes 1-2 days, if that. Pointless.

1-90 is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    What if blizzard was to release buying level 60's to buy? would this be better?

People would get greens for Outland and come back to the 'oldest' content for WoW and still have a lot to go through the zones in a correct timeline.
    That's called play a Death Knight.

Deleted
    I do not wish to pay for skipping the excellent leveling experience that is post-cataclysm Azeroth and jump straight to the tedious hell that is Burning Crusade.

You can easily get to 60 in a night with RAF. its only 3 nights to get to 85 with raf. Who cares about the instant level 90s

Deleted
    I will never buy a boost i love the 1 - 85 questing (MoP irritates me), but i see no reason why people can't by boosts, as long as it's not to max level and gives them basic blues and greens, i don't care or see how it will affect anyone else.

But the whole argument of P2P with an in-game store is kind of unnerving me at the moment.

Would it be better than what?

I don't mind the potential addition of boosts to 90. I wouldn't mind the addition of boosts to 60, 70, 80, 85. An option to pay fewer than $10 just to skip a certain expansion that's not to your taste seems alright to me. I enjoy post-Cata old world. I still enjoy BC. I don't recall how I felt about leveling through Cata. MoP's simple enough. The unmentioned one I would be ecstatic if I had an option to skip those levels alone. (which is to say, a boost to 60 is meaningless to me, but I wouldn't begrudge the boost for players who don't like old world)

So long as a boost to 100 doesn't arrive til after the initial rush to beat the final raiding tier, I'm okay with boosts 100 as well. Being a certain level doesn't grant instant access to those raiding tiers - there's a bit of catch up involved.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by SphessMahreen View Post
    I will never buy a boost i love the 1 - 85 questing (MoP irritates me), but i see no reason why people can't by boosts, as long as it's not to max level and gives them basic blues and greens, i don't care or see how it will affect anyone else.

But the whole argument of P2P with an in-game store is kind of unnerving me at the moment.
    I agree with this. If people want to buy their way to max level more power to them. At the same time though, if Blizzard keeps shifting this game to include all these micro-transactions and pushing that line further and further towards P2W, while still keeping the Monthly Sub existing, I refuse to support them.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it is not better given that the worst part of the game is lvl 58-68 content. i abhor BC. with the exception of the BE race, and a few gear sets for tmog, the rest of BC makes me sick. the stories are weak. the zones are disgusting and the quests are poorly designed. i love the fact that i can possibly buy a lvl 90 and skip the stuff ive already done 10 times and get into the stuff ive not done that much.

of course the cost of the lvl 90 deal is still very much a concern for me, if its anything over 15 dollars, i most likely wont use this option and my alts will go on continuing to suffer and grow dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I am against the boost to any level.

And tbh i enjoy 1 to 60 ,what's boring for me it's 60 to 70 and 85 to 90.

Old zones and Northrend are fantastic

The decision is already made, stop making new threads and flooding the forums.

Deleted
    it's 60-80 that is outdated with 60-70 being the worst leveling experience in the game, it's why when you get to 60 you just see people chaining dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 60....might aswell make a DK.

60 to 80 is the worse part for levelling, if anything it would make it worse due to having to skip the break that would be 1-60.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    I do not wish to pay for skipping the excellent leveling experience that is post-cataclysm Azeroth and jump straight to the tedious hell that is Burning Crusade.
    Yeah this, If I am gonna skip stuff why would I want my skipping to end at the most BORING content? Seriously with the expception of Nagrand Outland can go burn.

Wouldn't be better, a game asking a monthly sub shouldn't be required to sell these kind of stuff.

Deleted
    1-60 is so fast, the only thing i hate is 80-90.

Levels 1-60 are Vanilla, an almost 10-year-old game. 60-70 are BC, a 7-year-old game. Wrath is more than 5 years old. Cataclysm more than 3. Even MoP is now over a year old.

Forcing people to play through 1-80 is the equivalent of making them play through Assasin's Creed 1-3 and all the spinoffs before getting to play 4.

And forcing people with existing max-level characters to level new toons to max level is the same as making someone play through Assasins Creed 1-3 again just to start a new game in 4.

The arguments against this are mostly poorly thought out.
    "It forces players to learn the class." - Like hell it does. People who want to learn their class can do so only at higher levels, and the people who don't won't just because you forced them to level through 80+ levels of content. Plenty of people can level to max with barely knowing anything about their class, and the way the game is built around max level you don't even have the majority of your abilities until higher up. and 85-90 (in MoP) or 90-100 (in WoD) is MORE than enough leveling time to figure it out.

"It's pay-for-play" This is just nonsense. You could argue if the payment gave you a max-level toon of current content (even then, a fresh max-level is useless until geared) but a free 90 in WoD still puts you 10 levels behind max and ALL of WoD's content behind. If it's pay-for-play it's paying Blizz to NOT have to play their old games just so you can play the new one. Their offer of a free 90 in MoP will be long after the raiding tier was fresh or even relevant content.

"Next thing is pay for power upgrades." This is an insane speculation that I have no reservations about saying will NEVER, EVER, EVER happen in World of Warcraft. Blizzard will never sell you heroic, current-content raid gear for actual cash. Ever. They will sell you cosmetic stuff all day, maybe even old tiers of gear, but never power upgrades. Hell they tried this in D3 and found it was a terrible idea.