Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slak View Post
    One of our tanks was having issues on heroic Protectors, he is tanking Rook and losing him to the bear in the cleave stack almost immediately. What is the prot opening rotation so I can review with him?
    Are you sure that the bears main target is not Rook?

I tank heroics as well on my bear, my co-tank is prot pala. He looses Rook to me (even with his CDs) when I do pot+cds at start. I tank He, but my main target is always, always the one nuked down. Ofc our DPS difference on pull is roughly 100k-200k in mu favor... All I can tell is that even w/o CDs I can peel any boss of my co-tank w/o a taunt if I try...

Deleted
    I think it's just a matter of the druid scumbagging at the start with Berserk's 3-target Mangle. Tell him to stop do that and the paladin should have no problems.

Deleted
    Taunt applies a vengeance multiplicator on normal Swings so opening without a Taunt is actually pretty bad, regardless of aggro issues.
    For instance, Garrosh HC gives about ~240-300k vng on pull. Throw in a taunt and you might as well start with 500-600k vng.

Deleted
    What I think is happening is that they stack up cleave, the bear is popping his CD and spamming Mangle which does massive damage on both targets and could be enough to overthreat if the mangles crit. So maybe have your beartank hold of on the cooldowns for a bit longer and give your paladin a few seconds extra att the start to get his shit going.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking about tank threat (and therefore, damage)
    Blackfuse Trash. Healers be ready, here coms the 1.4mio dps tank.

He HAS to taunt on the pull before he uses his abilities. I feel like a lot of tanks are unaware of the threat increase when they taunt and it make a huge difference. Tell him to taunt, you'll be fine.

Judge, taunt, shield, pull him out of the raid so you can hit him a few times without the other tank cleaving (they WILL have more vengeance and WILL do more dps)...then bring him back in for the raid cleave.

Just have him start 30yds out and do that, then swing him back in.