Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Potential Gruul Cameo?

Going off Kadghar's history with Draenor and him fighting alongside Gruul against Deathwing (iirc), could we see Gruul again? He obviously survived the destruction of our original Draenor and appeared in Outland so I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to recycle him. I wouldn't mind honestly, I love their lore and it would be a great, nostalgic tool to use in WoD.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Steve the Sloth; 2014-01-22 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a baby gronn / questgiver maybe would put a lovely spin on it.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Baby Gronn? I doubt their lifespan is that little.

Even though he SHOULD be put in the game, I doubt Blizzard will want anything to do with Deathwing again so they might skip him.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    as a baby gronn / questgiver maybe would put a lovely spin on it.
    I thought they had a pretty long life span, he could still pop up in a raid if so!

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post

Even though he SHOULD be put in the game, I doubt Blizzard will want anything to do with Deathwing again so they might skip him.
    Don't doubt. BE SURE it ISN'T that little.

About "Potential" Cameo? NO! Definitively, NO! I would be disappointed if Gruul haven't a SURE cameo in WoD.

Deleted
    I want his childeren as mini-pets.

MAKE IT HAPPEN BLIZZARD, CHIBI GRONN, GO NOAW!

there will be Deathwing's theme,want it or not...
    "/point Wrathion(he can't miss a Huge opportunity to discover who was his father and explore huge Draenor continent, also he could be the one who make it happened by helping Garrosh...)"
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-01-22 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    "/point Wrathion(he can't miss a Huge opportunity to discover who was his father and explore huge Draenor continent, also he could be the one who make it happened by helping Garrosh...)"
    Deathwing is not in Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    Deathwing is not in Draenor.
    Deathwing's Lair on Draenor map? Deathwing unit in WC2?
    maybe he is not during that time but there is still his influence and Black dragonflight brood...
    http://wowpedia.org/Black_dragonflig...he_Dark_Portal

Deleted
    maybe he is not during that time but there is still his influence and Black dragonflight brood...
    WoD happens before the W1 , while the Black Dragonflight doesnt flee too Draenor till W2.
    on top of that, the Dark Portal is linked with the wrong timeline for Deathwing too get too Draenor now, since he's already dead.
    If there is any form of Black Dragon Content then it has to be build from the ground up by Wrathion, cause there isn't anything to be found when we go there.

Well, we know he was trying to stop Garrosh in MoP, and we know that Kairoz is the one helping Garrosh, so...no.

http://wowpedia.org/Ashran

Ashran is the location of Deathwing's Lair on Draenor. It is located behind the Dark Portal. Deathwing won't be there, however, in WoD. It's simply a PvP island. He hadn't come through the portal in WoD's timeline, or else the island would probably feature a Black Dragonflight presence.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I do hope Gruul is in it, hopefully as someone we can make friends with (the Iron Horde have his children!) rather than a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Well, we know he was trying to stop Garrosh in MoP, and we know that Kairoz is the one helping Garrosh, so...no.
    know?who know it's Kairoz? who said that? Christie Golden who writing book about it?!, Chris Metzen?!,why he should, he have not a single reason and he is not major character to do it, give me legit source he will do it, there is none ..so you not know, it's just a prediction like mine...

as things are happening before that black dragonflight,while Gruul is ogres' leader,
    Dunno if we can see him joining Iron Horde, as Garrosh are willing it to be true Orish Horde, but take them as siege weapons by enslaving, and doubt Gruul is going to like that

Deleted
    deathwing went to draenor long ago and i think the nether dragons have to do something with him. he created them or tried to create a new race of dragons with his black eggs

Quote Originally Posted by zexx View Post
    deathwing went to draenor long ago and i think the nether dragons have to do something with him. he created them or tried to create a new race of dragons with his black eggs
    Long ago... during Warcraft II
    After the Dark Portal was opened
    So long after the time period WoD is set in

Deathwing did not fly through all of space to reach Draenor and then come back, he did not even know Draenor existed until the Portal opened
    Which in WoD timeline, has not happened yet

know?who know it's Kairoz? who said that? Christie Golden who writing book about it?!, Chris Metzen?!,why he should, he have not a single reason and he is not major character to do it, give me legit source he will do it, there is none ..so you not know, it's just a prediction like mine...

as things are happening before that black dragonflight,while Gruul is ogres' leader,
    Dunno if we can see him joining Iron Horde, as Garrosh are willing it to be true Orish Horde, but take them as siege weapons by enslaving, and doubt Gruul is going to like that
    at blizzcon they let it slip, then said spoiler alert. its Kairoz

http://wowpedia.org/Kairozdormu

do his quest line and watch the visions and you will see his motive
    Last edited by Phaty; 2014-01-22 at 12:11 PM.

No Deathwing SHOULDN'T be in Draenor.

The portal from Azeroth hadn't been opened by the time Garrosh comes around. Alternate Deathwing never goes to Draenor

I really hope Gruul makes an appearance, either as an ally and questgiver, or potential boss (enslaved by the Iron Horde alongside the other Gronn they seem to command).

As for Kairoz, they heavily implied at Blizzcon that he's the one helping Garrosh escape to Draenor. (I think they even name-dropped him as 'Kairozdormu' at one point, not to mention the visions from the hourglass Kairoz gets you to make). My current theory is that Kairoz is an Infinite Dragonflight agent, and we'll see his plans unfold later in the expansion.

And as for Deathwing, remember he can't have possibly found a way to Iron Horde Draenor. The Dark Portal to Azeroth was never built in the Iron Horde timeline. The portal Garrosh is making (probably with Kairoz's help) is being re-routed to main timeline Azeroth, not Iron Horde Azeroth. Basically, forget Iron Horde Azeroth even exists. Nothing on it will be visited in Warlords of Draenor, because Garrosh prevented the only gateway to it from being opened. Iron Horde Azeroth is not relevant to the story of Warlords of Draenor.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2014-01-22 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like to see Gruul at some point, would be interesting to see what happens

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be surprised if he doesn't make an appearance either: a) in Gorgrond somewhere, or b) "enslaved" by the Iron Horde as one of those Grom "Tanks" we see in the cinematic. Would be cool either way.

And on the topic of Kairoz, yes, it was leaked/announced that it will be him that makes Garrosh escape, as well as assists him in opening the new Dark Portal into present day Azeroth. (Kind of interesting that he is voiced by the same VA that voiced Medivh, did not know that until I read the wowpedia, probably just coincidence, but who knows...)