View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    I agree everyone of my friends quit about a month after h garrosh was down, I'm only logging in to chat with my other friends really. The game itself is dying same crap over and over I wish someone would step up and create something worth playing. Eso has potential but I think its gonna be released way to early and take a nose dive. Wild star is so cartoony but who knows. I want to love wow again but its just not there
    I personally can't wait for Everquest Next. If its half of what they say its going to be I'm happy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even tho we have had a sub bleed since Cata there is one thing people must keep in mind.

If wow's subs hit 5.1million by the end of MOP then MOP will be the first xpac that wow lost half of its subs it started with. The game is old and I still feel by the end of WOD there will be a major payment model change weather it be F2p/P2p or Just f2p or B2p there will be a change. Titan is back on the drawing board so there is a good chance we are not going to hear anything about it for awhile and I feel Blizzard is hoping Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm make up for wow's lost profit.

Blizzard is making money at this time but do remember they lost a shit ton of money near the end of the year last year due to Vivi.

It will be interesting to see what happens but it has gotten to the people where people are tired of the same old same each content patch/xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Last reported sub numbers prove you wrong.
    That was before blizzcon. After blizzcon WoD got me hyped as well as a lot of my old raidimg buddies.

Because of the shenanigans they pulled with the release date of 5.4 resulting in the loss of "only" 100k subs, (which is still pretty shocking considering it was the expansion ending patch) I don't think a loss in the neighborhood of 2 mil is unreasonable to expect for Q4 2013. Q1 2014 will be just as big, as I don't expect to see the max level charter sales start until March.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    That was before blizzcon. After blizzcon WoD got me hyped as well as a lot of my old raidimg buddies.
    That still proves nothing tho. For as many that got hyped there is a equal 1:1 at lease who are pissed about WOD even more so since its orc related.

Many was hoping for a Burning Legion xpac and what we got was Garrosh round 2.

Not matter how blizzard spins it its a shitty time travel story that splits off into a alt time line.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like they've gone down all that much, but I dunno. 200k perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And it was the reverse of that with many other people who were looking at what Blizzard announced at Blizzcon for WoD, and were thinking "damn, killing orcs *again*, and nothing new except garrisons", feeling that there's little to look forward to.

Really, it's hard to say whether the effect from the Blizzcon announcement was even a net positive overall...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    wowcensus is an invalid and not reliable source to view realm / player activity. Just look on your realm list and see all those medium and low pop servers.. that should be evidence enough alone to show that subs will be down by ALOT this conference call..

Sorry mate, the game is just not what it used to be..
    You can forget Realm-List nowadays since they connected the realms: as far as i know it is possible that 4 connected realms shows low when their connected activity is medium.

I doesn't predict anymore: i have fun and for me this is important. Also there are many factors: New Season is coming, also many people might register because they want to have a chance to participate in the BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    I agree everyone of my friends quit about a month after h garrosh was down,
    So few people have downed H Garrosh that your experience can't tell us very much.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    also many people might register because they want to have a chance to participate in the BETA.
    You don't have to sub to WOW to sign up for the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can forget Realm-List nowadays since they connected the realms: as far as i know it is possible that 4 connected realms shows low when their connected activity is medium.

I doesn't predict anymore: i have fun and for me this is important. Also there are many factors: New Season is coming, also many people might register because they want to have a chance to participate in the BETA.
    Yeah I'm on one of the connected realms with 4 other realms and were high pop now. It actaully feels like it too. Noting like illidan-US though lol

My other question is where are these players going? There is no mmo to get a big bump with these players leaving. That means WoW isnt shrinking but the whole MMO genre. Imo ESO will flop and hard. Wildstar has a chance to hit multiple markets if its gameplay is good and could bring old mmoers back into the genrebut not steal from WoW unless its real special and times its release for before WoD during burnout. But woth wow preorders and a free 90, well a lot will preorder and stay.

How do you know it's 5.7 and not 5.6 or 5.8?

That still proves nothing tho. For as many that got hyped there is a equal 1:1 at lease who are pissed about WOD even more so since its orc related.
    Even i as an hardcore-alliance-player i have nothing if it is orc-related: It would be different if it was horde-orc-related, but since they are hostile to both sites as i have nothing against killing orcs. Also we get the Temple of Karabor as our main city there (Black Temple); so if they doesn't do another 5.3 where horde gets all the lore and alliance get sh*t, i have nothing against it.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if i told you after 10 years and even 5m subs still cool?
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Servers always go quiet, but that's not the same as people stopping paying their subscriptions.

I'd say we're down another 300k or so from what they were last time. By the time WoD comes out, who knows how low it will be. Especially if they leave us in SoO for nearly a year like they did with the last expacs.

Wouldn't suprise me. Subs always drop at end of an xpac. Will go back up when WOD comes out (a lot).

At the same time it wouldn't bother me.

Also we get the Temple of Karabor as our main city there (Black Temple)
    That is another thing people are pissed about. Many loved Black Temple and now the only way Horde can see it is if they raid it in World Pvp or roll a ally toon.

That was a really shitty choice they made.

You don't have to sub to WOW to sign up for the beta.
    You can sign up for it: but i personally don't think that they will send beta-invites to not-suscribed players. But I may also be wrong with my sight of things.

Deleted
    I predict that WoW will spurt up back up to 15 million subscribers at WoD because of all the fun new unique stuff they're adding this expansion. Haters gonna hate. LFR ftw!

/blizzardmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Wouldn't suprise me. Subs always drop at end of an xpac. Will go back up when WOD comes out (a lot).
    Mist brought in around 900k and lost them all the fallowing quater so I don't see WOD doing much more then that.