Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    And how is banning the botters you raid with going to make your instances easier? Garrosh's health is not going down. You just lost your best dpsers.

Blame Blizzard for overtuning Garrosh to such an extent that people have to bot.
    If the fights are overtuned: (I was never hardcore enough to blame anything other then lack of time):

I'm going to blame the botters for causing overtuning of fights instead. I'd wish the ban-hammer to be a weekly occurrence instead of yearly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you really cared about your guild, you wouldn't have been botting, or playing, in the first place. You've just put them in a worse position than they would have been in if you had quit with advance warning once the game got old. That way a replacement could have been found while you were phased out over time. Now, they've been thrown in at the deep end.
    They knew and I wasn't only one. There is discussion going about it right now about what our guild does in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Won't it be hilarious if it turns out that the drive to make rotations more "interesting" was actually GC + crew responding, unknowingly, to a wave of bots?
    It would be even more hilarious if said changes drove even more players into botting.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    The game you can't remember was Guild Wars 1. There was a beautiful summer day at the office a couple years ago. I was working of GW2 and I heard lots of laughter coming from the GW1 team. I poke my head in and see the community managers in there too... I am then told that they set up an angel of death "Dhuum" to come in and slaughter specific players. Once the player was dead, their account was banned.

You can see it in action here "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxvmb8HbA4s"
    Yeah, that was it. So awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luac View Post
    They knew and I wasn't only one. There is discussion going about it right now about what our guild does in future.
    In that case, everyone got what they deserved, and I sincerely hope that the guild won't be able to continue. This game really needs less of that kind of behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, firsthand experience here. I got recommended PQR by my guild leader, who had everyone run it or were dropped from the raid team. He bought professional heroic raiding profiles from authors and distributed it to us. I thought it was just an addon at first (my GM said: you know auctioneer/tradeskillmaster? Think of PQR as a raiding equivalent. Auctioneer automates parts of the auction house, PQR helps optimize your dps. I asked: why isn't PQR on curse? He said: is oqueue on curse. Don't worry, the addon is perfectly virus-free).

So yeah, I was forced to use the addon.
    What a load of bullshit. You weren't forced into anything. What was there from stopping you saying that you were using it but you were only pretending? The spell usage will be barely noticeable if you're good enough at your class to warrant being in a good heroic raiding guild as the rotation is the least of your concerns, it's thinking that's required. Even then, you weren't forced into raiding with these people. What a terrible excuse. Come back with a better one please.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by kritisk View Post
    Bull. You could have found another guild. If someone puts you in a position you find reprehensible (morally or otherwise) you simply remove yourself from the situation. ESPECIALLY in a *game.* If this were work and you were one paycheck away from poverty, i can understand being "forced" to do something until you found something else. In this case, there's no excuse because you weren't forced. If you're that lacking in spinal fortitude I do feel sorry for you as life could be very difficult if you can't even refuse something like this in a recreational pursuit.
    And how was I supposed to know the addon was punishable? Everyone in guild said it was fine and they compared it to other addons like oqueue and auctioneer. I have so many addons in my game right now that who knows what's "illegal" or not. Tradeskillmaster scans the auction house (right there in the addon it warns you to not scan too often or Blizzard will blacklist/ban you) for market prices so I can know to cheat people out of gold and lets me automatically mass post auctions. Is that cheating or gaining an unfair advantage? I have oqueue that goes outside of the WoW client to spam people through battle.net. After I started using it I got all these whispers from my friends saying why do you keep spamming (OQ) at me? STFU or I will unfriend you. I have addons that are just like PQR (DBM and Spellflash) that tell me when to use abilities like interrupts, what the boss is doing and where to stand, as well as buffbars/status addons that tell me what buffs I have up and such. It all seems completely arbitrary what's considered punishable/cheating.

From reading the PQR forums it just seems like people got banned because some mouthbreating PvPers that were too stubborn/stupid to install this addon, and getting butthurt that the enterprising folk that did could instantly interrupt and counter their moves. Once again, PvPers runing WoW for people who just want to level and beat story content (kill Garrosh).

its always somebody elses fault, never your own :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And how was I supposed to know the addon was punishable? Everyone in guild said it was fine and they compared it to other addons like oqueue and auctioneer. I have so many addons in my game right now that who knows what's "illegal" or not. Tradeskillmaster scans the auction house (right there in the addon it warns you to not scan too often or Blizzard will blacklist/ban you) for market prices so I can know to cheat people out of gold and lets me automatically mass post auctions. Is that cheating or gaining an unfair advantage? I have oqueue that goes outside of the WoW client to spam people through battle.net. After I started using it I got all these whispers from my friends saying why do you keep spamming (OQ) at me? STFU or I will unfriend you. I have addons that are just like PQR (DBM and Spellflash) that tell me when to use abilities like interrupts, what the boss is doing and where to stand, as well as buffbars/status addons that tell me what buffs I have up and such. It all seems completely arbitrary what's considered punishable/cheating.

From reading the PQR forums it just seems like people got banned because some mouthbreating PvPers that were too stubborn/stupid to install this addon, and getting butthurt that the enterprising folk that did could instantly interrupt and counter their moves. Once again, PvPers runing WoW for people who just want to level and beat story content (kill Garrosh).
    You should of been more intelligent. All you are doing is trying to save face like a typical super shady business instead of owning up and make excuses. You cheated. Now you change the story.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    If this suspendwave was due to use of bots, then good. Botting ain't cool. Don't really care if people wanna play the "combat is boring" card or "farming BGs are boring" - if it's boring then I'd advice you to play something more fun.

Deleted
    @forced dude: lol
    How the fuck is that possible? If the whole raid uses that bot it's impossible to lose in anything! Do you believe that bot has some amazing AI or so build in? In the best case it might be able to read your stats all the time hence redoting or something when it has a certain 1xx% of your normal stats but even then... I call bullshit that an average player could lose against that bot. No matter how pro the source of the "priority system" was it has no AI or so programmed in. SoO has so many Add fights and so many possibilities where even the best sim dps are completely outplayable and i doubt that bot could even reach 80% of the sim dps. Were you really ALL so bad that none of you could show the raidleader how easy it is to outplay the bot and having much much better results?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    AH addons aren't automated. You still have to provide input for every single thing you put on there. It wasn't always like that, true, but that was something Blizzard decided to change some time during Cataclysm if memory serves.

And just as a side note, your guild got what it deserved if everyone did indeed use this thing. I don't care if it was "required". You should have left and reported the frakker.
    Er what? I click my auction addon once and it opens and takes out all my mail attachments for me - stuff that takes many mouseclicks without any addons. Same with PQR. I click once (to activiate it), then it performs many button/mouseclicks as it runs my dps rotation. Like I said, it's completely arbitrary what's illegal and due mainly to PvPers whining.

Also do you realize that what PQR does used to be perfectly doable ingame? In BC you could set up as powerful ability macros, then Blizzard decided to break it to get people to bot.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2014-01-22 at 11:03 PM.

off with their heads....learn to play the game correctly. I didn't know it was illegal? give me a break, of course you did. Its a bot....something that automates tasks for you because you aren't skilled enough to do it yourself. Blizzard has ALWAYS stated that bots are illegal. gtfo and don't come back imo.

RIP Botters. You all deserve permanent bans. Maybe this will stop some of you.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Er what? I click my auction addon once and it opens and takes out all my mail attachments for me - stuff that takes many mouseclicks without any addons. Same with PQR. I click once (to activiate it), then it performs many button/mouseclicks as it runs my dps rotation. Like I said, it's completely arbitrary what's illegal and due mainly to PvPers whining.
    No, you are just sore that you were caught cheating, the two actions you are trying to compare are just not comparable ... full stop. It is very very clear what is considered cheating.

When you start running a rotation bot it's really getting to the point where you might as well just watch the fights on Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The temporary bans are for using a program that is considered to be unsafe and violates the TOS. There isn't anything to discuss here. The only party who can make any difference in this case is Blizzard.