Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In rare cases an addon has a negative impact on the game experience.
    One I can never remember the name of would plot on the ground the locations players needed to be during an encounter, and would show exactly where aoe would be etc.
    That trivalised encounters, and so blizzard found a way to break it.

The other perhaps controversial suggestion would be the likes of AffDots.
    That has almost trivialised a gameplay mechanic which can give a pretty significant dps gain.
    Blizzard are making changes in WoD to remove much of the snapshotting, and even stated on a blue post that they didn't like how well that addon did in that task.
    Unfortunately just breaking the addon wouldn't be feasible.

"Information" tools like meters, gear rankings etc have potential, but tend to be misused by the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

absolutely hate the non addon periods of betas, if they stopped addon support for wow, i would stop playing.

Almost everything from the default ui has been replaced, hell even the buttons in the loginscreen and esc menu have been reskinned.

No addons equals i cant use my mouse (razer naga) as the side buttons dont get recognised in the default. Thus rendering my whole bar optimasation useless and extremely limiting mobility due to the abilty bloat as you cant reach all of it and still be mobile.

Also it would re-introduce other problems, like simple and boring bosses as you can only protray so much with emotes without making it impossible to notice with the animation blurr and distance.

Deleted
    Don't use that many addons, so wouldn't really care very much -
    I wish they'd made couple of more customization options to unitframes (better resizeable/groupable raid frames) and button bars (remove artwork, col/row bar customization) then I could drop Shadowed Unitframes and Bartender..

DBM timer bars are useful for raids, so I guess that could be a bit tricky - but most of the stuff (Special Warnings, stack count) is displayed in the standard UI just fine.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The default UI really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Perhaps if you heal, but for DPS/Tanking roles it really isn't as awful as a lot of people think.

Still a lot of the default UI is lacking and there are some very nice QoL addons that help alleviate that. The one thing I will say is that the default UI is really clumsy looking if you don't have great vision or have a fairly small monitor. It's not so bad for me because I mostly have my bars hidden and the UI scaled super small with a giant monitor, but it can take up a lot of space if you don't have any of those things.

I don't think the game would be a lot better. Encounters would probably be dumbed down (even though blizzard has made great strides in announcing things in their own encounters, as well as giving bosses resources to show when something is going to happen).

How I would react? It would still annoy me. I mostly play with a standard UI, but having addons to track raid CDs and cleaner raid frames are really nice to have. Also blizzard nameplates (while better than they were) aren't the prettiest of nameplates.

How others react would be more important to me. A lot of the people I know would probably quit because they just detest the old UI. Most of them didn't play in Vanilla/TBC where addons weren't that sophisticated, so they are kind of spoiled I suppose!

They would never do that unless they feel suicidal in relation to the viability of the game. The people saying nonsense like "the game would be better" seem to forget how many great additions have been implemented into the game UI and systems based on the popularity of specific addons. From the guild calendar and the ability to organise events in-game, to the spell procs, to the oqueque equivalent for flex raids/world events; the list is endless. If nothing else, for Blizzard this is a good way to measure the needs and desires of their player-base and act accordingly.

For me personally, if they stopped supporting addons I would never check back with the game, simple as that. And it's not for DBM or things like this, but it's for all the cosmetic and QoL changes that I can do as I fancy in the game, which is a very strong point of WoW in relation to all its competitors.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from Bartender, most my other addons are just there because I downloaded them at some point but never use them, all unticked in interface menu.

I'd quit in a heartbeat.

If i had to use blizzards standard UI idd rather quit the game..

Verily I would protest most profusely, I doth needth my forsooth addon!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game wouldn't work without addons since every dot bleed slow effect has timers. Warlock for example used to be 45 seconds to 1 minute dots now its like 5-12 seconds constantly looking at timers on the screen. This game turned out to be more on focusing timers and less experiencing the content itself which is the problem on wow.

I would simply stop playing.
    Icehud being the main reason why I don't lose my eyes on Blizzard's native UI (rogue).

This is a typical: this will not happen-thread: I would quit; because i have many addons that are necessary for me. Without them i would simply quit. But Blizzard will never cease to support it; except the ones that really affects the gameplay negatively.

That would take some getting used to

I would call Blizzard stupid, and I would hate it. Not having addons is something that is lacking in most other MMOs and they contribute to me feeling more personally attached to WoW than any other MMO. Of course, I'd have to re-adjust to using the old portraits and action bars again, too. That would be annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they? It's like suing all the fansites of WoW.

And yes I have modified my UI heavily with addons so I would be raging if that ever happened.

why would they remove addons?? Really! Why??

Game would be enjoyable again. To a degree. There is many addons they should still let people have. Like action bars and such. But purely visual addons.

Think of this. If the top guilds had the current dbm in vanilla. There would be no 2 months between world first kills on bosses.
    If we never had a dps meter. We would still have dps classes, class unique abilities and not everything being the same, trying to the exact same dps (which blizz fails terrible at)

dpsmeters is one of the main reasons people act like dicks now days. And should more or less ruined the game

Deleted
    Don't use any addons so couldn't care less. I slowly decreased the number of addons I used over the last year or so and now I do fine without any addons.

It would suck for the people that raid that need a lot of addons though.

Deleted
    I'd quit. Recount is the reason why my penis is so big.

Its one off the reasons why wow are popular if you ask me (addons).

I would hate it alot.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO