Thread: Ukraine

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Dont lump everyone in there with those mindless fools who do throw Molotovs on them and put out banners of their grandfather Cossack SS groups.
    Have the leaders of the more peaceful aspects of the movement openly denounced these individuals yet?
    General Off-Topic Forum Moderator

Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    No, I don't believe in sanctions. It's something that should eb solved in the country itself or will never be solved.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Just saw that the pope released two doves in hopes of peace in Ukraine..... one was attacked by a seagull and lost some feathers the other got attacked and pecked by a crow. I'm guessing the Seagull is the EU and the Crow is Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Quite sure that Klitcho did however Im not on my russian keyboard layout to bother googling for it.Will do in next few hours.
    If the peaceful parties are actively attempting to distinguish themselves from the violent ones, that's different. But until then.. it's guilt by association. Without explicitly establishing a difference, there is no difference between someone peacefully protesting the current regime and working to institute change through words and public pressure instead of violently storming an administrative building composed of people not directly responsible for what they're mad about. They're benefiting from the PR and the pressure it causes.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    i feel for those police. out manned with their backs to the wall.
    This is what happens when you try to violently put down peaceful protests, support an oppressive Government, and then work for said Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    This is what happens when you try to violently put down peaceful protests, support an oppressive Government, and then work for said Government.
    Your timeline in terms of the violence in the area is terribly skewed.

Edit: Oh, and the protesters are throwing firebombs into administration buildings while the police officers try to fight them off with tear gas. But its ok, because that evil government doesn't represent your will.... murder in the name of the loud minority is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasireea View Post
    That's.. standard protocol for any politically sensitive situation. You don't send policemen who are sympathetic with rioters to hold back rioters.

So policemen aren't allowed to be policemen now?

And all of this could have been avoided by a mob of people following the same standards of government that they supposedly aspire to.
    These people are taking their country back. If the police didn't try to violently put down the protests, this wouldn't be happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Your timeline in terms of the violence in the area is terribly skewed.

Edit: Oh, and the protesters are throwing firebombs into administration buildings while the police officers try to fight them off with tear gas. But its ok, because that evil government doesn't represent your will.... murder in the name of the loud minority is just fine.
    Do you have any proof that the opposition is a loud minority at this point? Maybe the rioters are a minority, but they're the only ones willing to fight for freedom. I think this quote works perfectly in this situation.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

These people are taking their country back. If the police didn't try to violently put down the protests, this wouldn't be happening.
    Can you give substantial proof that this is what the majority of the country wants?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any proof that the opposition is a loud minority at this point? Maybe the rioters are a minority, but they're the only ones willing to fight for freedom.
    You mean, the people who blasted a well known public figure (not an official, but a celebrity) with a fire extinguisher for voicing his thoughts that violent clashes were not the right way to bring about change? Your freedom loving rebels would have made Robespierre proud.

Can you give substantial proof that this is what the majority of the country wants?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, the people who blasted a well known public figure (not an official, but a celebrity) with a fire extinguisher for voicing his thoughts that violent clashes were not the right way to bring about change? Your freedom loving rebels would have made Robespierre proud.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ines-protests/

"But a November poll found slightly different attitudes: 45 percent said they wanted the EU deal, 14 percent said they wanted to join with the Russian-led trade union, and 41 percent said they were undecided or wanted neither. In other words, joining the EU is about as popular as not joining the EU, both of which are more popular than snuggling up to Moscow."

I felt so bad for the two Officers getting hit in the head with a firehouse end. They didn't even retaliate. :C
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

- - - Updated - - -

One again, sometimes blood must be shed. This guy was preaching, "peace", after multiple protesters were killed for peacefully protesting.

P.S. when I say opposition, I mean the people opposed to the current Government in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    I felt so bad for the two Officers getting hit in the head with a firehouse end. They didn't even retaliate. :C
    If the police officers dare to defend themselves, the chances of being killed will increase significantly. It's pretty standard riot control; either defend yourself through nonlethal means, or don't defend yourself at all, otherwise it will turn from injuries to a bloodbath.

- - - Updated - - -

One again, sometimes blood must be shed. This guy was preaching, "peace", after multiple protesters were killed for peacefully protesting.

P.S. when I say opposition, I mean the people opposed to the current Government in general.
    Yes.... they hurt their own side because they don't agree with their violent methods. If you don't see how that is messed up, I don't know what to say; a revolution born in blood and not ideals is going to brew nothing but bloodshed.

If the police officers dare to defend themselves, the chances of being killed will increase significantly. It's pretty standard riot control; either defend yourself through nonlethal means, or don't defend yourself at all, otherwise it will turn from injuries to a bloodbath.
    I realize that. It's some quality control to hold yourself back during those attacks. Firehose would definitely be on the list of retaliatory responses.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.... they hurt their own side because they don't agree with their violent methods. If you don't see how that is messed up, I don't know what to say; a revolution born in blood and not ideals is going to brew nothing but bloodshed.
    I didn't agree with attacking the guy, but you have to pretty naive if you believe these protests would still be happening "peacefully."

Btw, this wasn't born in blood. It was born as a peaceful protest that was against the President's choice to side with Russia.

I didn't agree with attacking the guy, but you have to pretty naive if you believe these protests would still be happening "peacefully."

Btw, this wasn't born in blood. It was born as a peaceful protest that was against the President's choice to side with Russia.
    And it should have stayed that way. Once a group of rioters starts attacking their own members for daring to be peaceful, there isn't really a peaceful resolution that can come from it.

And it should have stayed that way. Once a group of rioters starts attacking their own members for daring to be peaceful, there isn't really a peaceful resolution that can come from it.
    If they tried to remain peaceful, there would be no more protests. For fucks sake, the police were cracking down on them when it was peaceful. At the end of the day this will all end in peace, as all revolutions do.

That poor defenseless riot police. What did they ever do to deserve being beaten by protesters. Maybe the 40 abducted people or the sniper cartridges found on top of governmental buildings?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kiev-b...191541233.html

Should the U.S. and the EU start doing massive sanctions against their Government? This shit is getting way out of hand.
    You clearly don't understand what's going on there.

There is an angry mob that does not really know what they want.
    There is VERY polite government that DOES NOT ALLOW POLICE TO INTERVENE! That's probably the most strange thing about it. The mob attacks, police can't do anything about it because they don't have the order to strike back. Encouraged mob attacks even harder.

The mob does not have a leader, they don't have any plan or any sanity in their actions. They just want to destroy and break everything. They are not actually going to rebuild something. They assume that after they force the current government to leave some great leader will miraculously appear out of nowhere and bring their country to prosperity. Also for some crazy reason they assume that we'll invite them to EU and that the only reason why they are still not in EU is because current government is oriented on alliance with russia.

But anyway, how would "massive sanctions" help to stop this crazy mob from destroying their capital?

Looks like Crimea wants to break away from Ukraine and either become its own country or join Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.