Thread: Ukraine

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Why wouldn't she return from germany or why should she if she doesn't want?
    Thats just exile.
    Because she has a lot of state secrets and also some (or more) regarding Russia. If Russian knows she went to Germany I doubt she will make it alive back home or anywhere. Accidents do happen when there are billions at stake in europe-russian gas trade...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Because she has a lot of state secrets and also some (or more) regarding Russia. If Russian knows she went to Germany I doubt she will make it alive back home or anywhere. Accidents do happen when there are billions at stake in europe-russian gas trade...
    Lol no she wouldn't be in danger you have quite the skewed view.
    Why would she be less safe in germany anyway thats conspiracy theory stuff?

You don't kill politicans in exile thats against the rules putin knows that.

i believe in free trade and free expression, so no change is required.

Deleted
    The only reason EU want her in Germany and not serving her sentane in Ukraine is so they can make a deal and learn something from her. Her role as an ex-high ranking politicians that had often meetings with Putin and made deals with Gazprom, serves in motivating that. It's not conspiracy theory stuff to connect the dots to see the bigger picture. But I do think it's ignorant to just not consider that events dont occur randomly

One activist that was abducted, was found dead in a forest near Kiev... totally out of control.

on another note, the protest has an MMO twist to it as well
    Last edited by Mavett; 2014-01-23 at 10:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their classy prime minister already labeled the anti-government protesters terrorists.
    I guess Egypt, Turkey, Russia & others needed more company spewing such nonsense.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    The only reason EU want her in Germany and not serving her sentane in Ukraine is so they can make a deal and learn something from her. Her role as an ex-high ranking politicians that had often meetings with Putin and made deals with Gazprom, serves in motivating that. It's not conspiracy theory stuff to connect the dots to see the bigger picture. But I do think it's ignorant to just not consider that events dont occur randomly
    Yes, it is actually a conspiracy theory.
    You see, you need to connect a lot of dots for this.
    But here's a simpler one: The EU wants Ukraine. Being a safe haven for Ukranian politicians in a time of stress and peril, and standing up for the rights of Ukranians in a time where the Ukraine's own politicians are making things very difficult for Ukrainians indeed increases the EU's standing with the Ukraine, and its people's support, increasing likelihood of the Ukraine joining the EU.

The less dots you need to connect, the more likely the answer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why should we?

I don't agree with the laws against public demonstration but I do feel that if you're going to riot, burn buses, and throw explosives at the police you better damn well expect equal force in return. It's still not our fight and I don't see any reason why the US should get involved.
    I agree with you on this one Darsithis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    One activist that was abducted, was found dead in a forest near Kiev... totally out of control.

That shit was hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    But here's a simpler one: The EU wants Ukraine. Being a safe haven for Ukranian politicians in a time of stress and peril, and standing up for the rights of Ukranians in a time where the Ukraine's own politicians are making things very difficult for Ukrainians indeed increases the EU's standing with the Ukraine, and its people's support, increasing likelihood of the Ukraine joining the EU.
    Go back a bit, Ukraine is divided anyhow. West part wanted EU since the start while the east part likes Russia. And this goes more then "well they might make my life better in a real democracy" it's because of economic aspects.

And all I did said is that all other foreign countries/players don't shit in regards to the regular citizen and his future or well being, they all play their angle, where they have to gain. This si proven by their actions like I state before: Russia with Gazprom and the treaty, EU with Tymoshenko and US with the fund that purchased the debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    the anti-government protesters terrorists.
    Protesters do not wear masks, helmets, don't build trebuchets and don't throw bottles with burning gasolin into riot police. Also protesters do not attack governmental buildings, do not damage private property, do not rob and detain people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why should we?

I don't agree with the laws against public demonstration but I do feel that if you're going to riot, burn buses, and throw explosives at the police you better damn well expect equal force in return. It's still not our fight and I don't see any reason why the US should get involved.
    Yes, why should you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...nt_Act_of_2011

US fucking hypocrites...and what about your patriot act?..

Oh, and the protesters are NEO-NAZIS...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svoboda_(political_party)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Protesters do not wear masks, helmets, don't build trebuchets and don't throw bottles with burning gasolin into riot police. Also protesters do not attack governmental buildings, do not damage private property, do not rob and detain people.
    Problem is he labeled all of the anti-government protesters in the streets as terrorists.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Honestly this is between their people and their people only. This about being cozy with either the Russians or the E.U. This is not an international conflict that the U.S or E.U should get involved in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Honestly this is between their people and their people only. This about being cozy with either the Russians or the E.U. This is not an international conflict that the U.S or E.U should get involved in.
    Both EU and Russia are automatically involved due to the focul point at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post

HA this is great, made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z0zD3pOG-Tk
    That is how their police operates. Fuck, I can understand shooting and even killing an attacking protester out of self-defence or even because it is your job and you are expected to. But... openly torturing people for funzies? Elite police force? Really?

upd: NSFW, obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Hey guys, a ukrainian reporting in.

Just wanted to enlighten you a little bit, this is not a conflict "between ukrainian people and ukrainian government", but more like "between a couple of (sponsored) activists + a fair share of confused rednecks, and ukrainian government". Media makes ya'll think it's the people of ukraine who are protesting against the reigning regime, but naturally not everyone is supporting the protests, to say the least. Most people just want peace.

It's just another attempt at a revolution (we already had one succeed). As you all know the weak nazi minds are very suspectable to the idea of revolution, and this is what happening currently at Grushevska street. I just hope that it'll all come to an end and my friends at Kyiv can walk their streets at peace once again.
    No media as well as history tells us this is about the classic problem for Ukraine. 50/50 feel russian the other part feel european.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Both EU and Russia are automatically involved due to the focul point at hand.
    But it is the countries decision who they want to work with. E.U/Russia need to just let them work it out. Of course..last time that happened we got syria so i guess you have a point there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    But it is the countries decision who they want to work with. E.U/Russia need to just let them work it out. Of course..last time that happened we got syria so i guess you have a point there.
    Yea but since both parties been in negotiating about trade agreements whatnot we are heavily involved.
    It is there call sure but when protesters get shot in the streets it cant be ignored.