Thread: Ukraine

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Please keep posting, your absurd posts are most amusing.
    thanks, yours are quite dull though, i would prefer someone with at least a 3 digit iq to argue with to be honest

Deleted
    You are just ridiculous, Russians stole Moldova from Romania twice and then sent many Russians to live there, they dont get to reunite with Russia. Oh and even Bakis cant compare with your ability to throw bs around.
    What? First off, without Russia the Romanians would speak Turkish today and 2nd Moldovia was part of the USSR which means it's the same country, does anybody tell you where you can move in your country? If you are Canadian, and move to french canadia, is that some anglo-saxon occupation, lol? Who are you to tell Russians where they can live in their own country, ussr when it was around? Lol? Hypocrite, demanding things you wouldn't accept yourself.

I was talking abut Trans-dniester, not Moldovia btw. I couldn't care less if Moldovia unites with Romania, they are the same people anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    What? First off, without Russia the Romanians would speak Turkish today and 2nd Moldovia was part of the USSR which means it's the same country, does anybody tell you where you can move in your country? If you are Canadian, and move to french canadia, is that some anglo-saxon occupation, lol? Who are you to tell Russians where they can live in their own country, ussr when it was around? Lol? Hypocrite, demanding things you wouldn't accept yourself.

I was talking abut Trans-dniester, not Moldovia btw. I couldn't care less if Moldovia unites with Romania, they are the same people anyways.
    Yeah, yeah because only Russian fought against Ottomans.

Yes, USSR stole Moldova (Called Besarabia back than) from Romania before and after WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted

ETA: Lol at 1:06 didn't realise Kiev had away games in the Arctic.
    Last edited by mmoca073264aa8; 2014-01-25 at 05:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    And USSR stole Kaliningrad from Germany, who stole it from some random Baltics probably, who stole it from Poland, who stole it from the Czechs, whose king Přemysl Otakar II founded the city, under a completely different name.

I hereby demand that the EU should help me, as a Czech citizen, reclaim Kaliningrad and restore it to the proper town of Královec once more, long live Czechs!!!!

Moral of the story: shit happens in history, nations clash for no reason and only more and more problems arise from nationalism. We can't change the past, but we can change the future. Don't dwell on decades, centuries, millennia old griefs.

This song is relevant, I post it to you exactly because you are Czech so you can understand the lyrics, though there's a translation in the description (for others).
    Your point being? Russian/Soviet policy has always been one of trying to acquire more territory and vassals, it matters not if the lord of Kremlin called himself tsar, general secretary of president.

You completely false equivalence between a city founded in 13th century and territory taken by threat of force in 1939 has been noted, but found completely irrelevant.

You completely false equivalence between a city founded in 13th century and territory taken by threat of force in 1939 has been noted, but found completely irrelevant.
    Reminds me of the jews stealing land from the palestinians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    More lies about Israel? How many times did I catch you lying on that subject already, twice, thrice?

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kiev-b...191541233.html

Should the U.S. and the EU start doing massive sanctions against their Government? This shit is getting way out of hand.
    So if in Poland people would start revolt and want to return of monarchy, should u help them and fight against government?

I have only oune thing to say THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every territory is taken by threats / force. Kaliningrad was conquered in 1945, and the natives were forced out. I can't see the difference.
    Yes because it was until 45 controlled by Czechs, right?

Nice fantasy, now please get lost...
    P.S.
    About those protests, worst part is probably that radicals are hijacking the show, which will lead to nothing good.

More lies about Israel? How many times did I catch you lying on that subject already, twice, thrice?
    Zero times, it just seems like the same thing and you are mad about this instance not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by wowsucks View Post
    The western media will report only one side of the story on Ukraine, because Ukraine is a matter of their interest, same goes for Russia.
    Different news station from here went to Ukraine to talk to both sides. The "Pro-Yanukovich" camp didn't even know what they were protesting. They were either bribed or threatened by their employers. So there is enough coverage to know what is what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero times, it just seems like the same thing and you are mad about this instance not the other.
    Ah suffering from selective memory loss then?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, by Germans. That doesn't matter at all though.

The point is, that almost every single place on this planet had more than one, usually more than two, often many different nations living in it through the ages. 70 years is a lot. These events are long past. The current residents are what, the 5th generation? Would you make them leave because "this place used to be Romanian ages ago!" ? That argument just doesn't work. Yes, it isn't fair when people get kicked from their homes. But 5th generation descendants of the original kicked ones, kicking out the 5th generation descendants of the former kickers, is not a solution, it just creates more problems.

That's why Transdnistria doesn't belong to Russia. Nor does Kaliningrad belong to Poles / Germans / Czechs / whatever and the US doesn't belong to the Native Americans. Get over it. History happened.

I hope that one day, a generation of people will decide to be the better one, and just let old griefs go. But that will probably never happen, because of people like you. Because of the fact that for example, more than 50% of the Czech Republic still hates Germans for WW2, and believes that they are on some crusade to remove us from the face of this planet.
    Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it. Conditions may change, but human nature does not.

Ah and more baseless assumptions, I am always glad when someone on internet attempts to lump me to some category. Do you know what the root word of assumption is?

Deleted
    No, by Germans. That doesn't matter at all though.

The point is, that almost every single place on this planet had more than one, usually more than two, often many different nations living in it through the ages. 70 years is a lot. These events are long past. The current residents are what, the 5th generation? Would you make them leave because "this place used to be Romanian ages ago!" ? That argument just doesn't work. Yes, it isn't fair when people get kicked from their homes. But 5th generation descendants of the original kicked ones, kicking out the 5th generation descendants of the former kickers, is not a solution, it just creates more problems.

That's why Transdnistria doesn't belong to Russia. Nor does Kaliningrad belong to Poles / Germans / Czechs / whatever and the US doesn't belong to the Native Americans. Get over it. History happened.

I hope that one day, a generation of people will decide to be the better one, and just let old griefs go. But that will probably never happen, because of people like you. Because of the fact that for example, more than 50% of the Czech Republic still hates Germans for WW2, and believes that they are on some crusade to remove us from the face of this planet.

I think you are confusing moldavia with trans-dniester, they are two separate countries. Trans-dniester is slavic, there is a moldavian population there but they are ca 30% of the population or something, hardly a reason to attach it to Moldavia, that would be ignoring the other 70% of the population.

http://vgolos.com.ua/news/u_frankivs...eo_131913.html

The police apologizes to protesters after the protesters took over a governmental building. It seems even they don't want more bloodshed.

From the article: The protesters made a path so the Berkut and the Militians can leave the building and the riot police explained that they are just doing their work. The protesters pledged not to destroy the public property.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2014-01-25 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://vgolos.com.ua/news/u_frankivs...eo_131913.html

http://vgolos.com.ua/media/gallery/f..._4644492_o.jpg

The police apologizes to protesters after the protesters take a governmental building. It seems even they don't want more bloodshed.\

http://vgolos.com.ua/media/gallery/f...07945833_o.jpg

From the article: The protesters made a path so the Berkut and the Militians can leave the building and the riot police explained that they are just doing their work.
    You mean they made him "apologize" because otherwise they would beat him to death? Seems they wanted those pictures as propaganda to make it look like it was somehow wrong for police to defend democratic institutions n building from rioters? Btw one police officer has been killed, another has been kidnapped, probably dead by now. So, these violent mobs is the opposition ok with? What kind of government would they have? Eh? Do you want them in the EU now? Lol? Goddamn savages...

Here's how these "peaceful protesters" are... more "kremlin propaganda"
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2014-01-25 at 07:43 PM.

So, these violent mobs is the opposition ok with? What kind of government would they have? Eh? Do you want them in the EU now?
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...pposition.html

Yanukovych is ready to name opposition leaders to the top cabinet jobs, Interior Minister Olena Lukash said in a statement on the president’s website today. Arseniy Yatsenyuk was offered the premiership and Vitali Klitschko the post of deputy prime minister, she said. They agreed to wind down protests and the government to draw back police from the streets, Lukash said.

Yanukovych offered the biggest concessions yet as he’s struggling to stem rallies that against his November snub of a European Union cooperation deal, with police crackdowns fanning people’s anger. Four days of clashes left as many as six dead and 1,250 injured as laws to stem the protests took effect and police got special powers to quell the demonstrations. Yatsenyuk and Klitschko will address the crowd in central Kiev at 10:30 p.m., according to Yatsenyuk’s press office.
    Looks like the current president is willing to let them govern with him. So they can't be that bad, huh?

I think that if they accept his offer they will discredit themselves which is what he wants. They should force him to resign, but that could mean more casualties. In any case there is genuine desire to clean out the country from the criminal rings working behind the scenes which is great.

Deleted
    Don't be retarded, he obviously doesn't consider Svoboda Nazis, those are the ones that always cause brawls in parliament, and it's them that are on the front lines right now showing their true fascist colors, they are armed savages. It's the other parts of the opposition who would be helpless without Svoboda, they have rode the wave of their violence hoping to get something out of it and then dump Svoboda as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

How exactly would the opposition discredit themselves by accepting? It's a victory for them, Yanukovich has discredited himself by ignoring the country's laws. Let criminals run rampant, he should send in the army, something EVERY country in the west would have done in similar circumstances. As for "criminal rings" lol? People who try violent overthrow shouldn't point fingers, why don't they gather for the next election hmmm? Probably because they know they would loose, again, people don't want a repeat of previous president that cut relations with Russia, Ukraine's biggest trading partner, that guy sank the economy. If you can't offer a better deal than trading with Russia, people will not want you in power, at the end of the day it's about peoples wallets, "it's the economy, stupid!". This is why there's riots, they know they can't win on their own so they try black mail by using violence, and damn that Yanukovich, he should be in jail by his own people for failing his duties! He should be replaced by someone who don't give in to blackmail. You think this is over? Wait until 2015. Opposition will loose and they will rampage again but this time authorities will be better prepared.

Do you propose every country should have violent riots because of corruption? Do you? I'm certain you would feel right at home in 1917 Russia or being a KGB officer catching "criminals"

Why do I even bother with such fools like you, I read your mail to me, where you are from, obviously you are seeing things through the prism of ur country's situation and try to apply it elsewhere, disregarding ethnic divisions like in ukraine don't apply in your home country.

Do you propose every country should have violent riots because of corruption? Do you? I'm certain you would feel right at home in 1917 Russia or being a KGB officer catching "criminals"
    I don't think I would make a good KGB agent. I have a problem with authority.

And why should there be revolutions against criminal oligarchs? If Russia was able to offer the same incentives for reforms, acountability and transperancy there would be no problem with me. However turning to Russia in it's current form is a mistake. The ruling elite in Kremlin will only lead to stagnation and more problems in the future.

http://www.economist.com/news/europe...und-march-kiev

Many are wary of the encroaching influence of Mr Yanukovych’s son and his friends in big business. Those oligarchs who wanted closer European integration did so not for access to its markets but as a protection against the Yanukovych family’s shameless rapaciousness. For much of the past two months television coverage has been overtly on the side of the protesters, at the very least refusing to block pictures from the Maidan as Mr Yanukovych’s administration demanded. The scenes of violence could also taint the reputation and business interests of Rinat Akhmetov, Ukraine’s richest man and Mr Yanukovych’s main backer.
    Sure, some of the protesters intentions are far from admirable, but do you really want Eastern Ukraine to become like Belarus?