Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    I just don't like Teras style overall

Best example would be the heavy female armor so overly skimpy o_O I suppose that in combination with the animations / how the characters move make them a bit too icky for me (Maybe saying eww to all armor is a bit harsh)
    I'm in this boat with you. I literally couldn't get into playing Tera solely because looking at the characters outfits was really off putting. And I mean... I am used to characters having to wear skimpy things, it's pretty much the norm. But the combination of the cut of the clothes and the way the characters moved/stood made it all seem way too sexual for me. Of course I have never been into fashion either so it probably relates in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'm in this boat with you. I literally couldn't get into playing Tera solely because looking at the characters outfits was really off putting. And I mean... I am used to characters having to wear skimpy things, it's pretty much the norm. But the combination of the cut of the clothes and the way the characters moved/stood made it all seem way too sexual for me. Of course I have never been into fashion either so it probably relates in some way.
    No arlee no! that's the best eRPG simulator ever! *coughs*.

If only we could get more armor skins every now and then D:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I find most of Tera's armors pretty terrible.
    That would just be poor taste on your part. ;D

More seriously, Tera's armor has an intricacy that is somewhat useless in a video game. But they still bothered to render things like multiple types of material, layering fabrics, variable stitching, belts, buckles, braces, piping, etc.

Like one could actually wear many of Tera's outfits and shoes if someone designed them. Which they did!

This is unbelievable as armor for an MMO:

^ these shoes, holy shit....

And if one is able to run the game at maximum settings the animation, textures and overall fidelity is beyond anything I know of in a Western playable MMORPG.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-24 at 04:56 PM.

Oh I think they are well done, I just don't like the look of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Oh I think they are well done, I just don't like the look of them.
    The tops of the boots are trimmed with fur in Tera. Fur which sways in the wind~!

It blows my mind that Tera exists as a video game. That other games still look like they are made for bargain PCs is shameful to me.

If David Bowie was a medieval superhero fighting giant spiders with an oversized sword he would be dressed as in Tera almost exactly.

Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-24 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    No arlee no! that's the best eRPG simulator ever! *coughs*.

If only we could get more armor skins every now and then D:
    Lol, that actually brought a tear to my eyes I laughed so hard thanks And yea I agree more armor skins would be cool, but mostly I want them to work on making armor not look so horrible on Char. So many skins just look silly and it's sad because Char are awesome and should look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    More seriously, Tera's armor has an intricacy that is somewhat useless in a video game. But they still bothered to render things like multiple types of material, layering fabrics, variable stitching, belts, buckles, braces, piping, etc.
    Fair point

Deleted
    If David Bowie was a medieval superhero fighting giant spiders with an oversized sword he would be dressed as in Tera almost exactly.
    Oh man, that sounds like the best mmo EVER!
    Swinging some huge sword at the spiders from Mars, in any of Bowie`s extravagant outfits from over the decades.

*throws wallet at monitor*

The Tera armour does look good. Will have to nosey some time, not played in ages & don`t recall much of it.
    Oddly, the Guild Wars skins you could buy, I thought some looked good, you`ll rarely ever see me out of my Grenth outfit, but even some of the standard/elite gear looked quite good.
    As for gw2, a combination of town clothes & in general some fairly sucky gear designs, I think they could of done soooo much better.

When I played I mained a Charr & by the dead gods, Charr armour really sucked the sphericals.
    Luckily I had HoM skins which were a huge improvement over the normal gear (I mean come on, big fat male Charr Ele in something that looked like a mini skirt!?)

Spiders From Mars Online

There are three playable classes. David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust, and The Codpiece from Labyrnth.

The tops of the boots are trimmed with fur in Tera. Fur which sways in the wind~!

It blows my mind that Tera exists as a video game. That other games still look like they are made for bargain PCs is shameful to me.
    Yes about the fur. It's too bad I do not like Tera's late-to-end game whatsoever. The combat's enjoyable, the graphics are nice, the story isn't horrible, etc., but around level 45+ the game became a real drag and nothing I was reading about end game encouraged me to continue.

I did not have any issue with the 'sexuality' of Tera or the skimpiness of the armor. Frankly, ever since WoW re-did their level 1-60 gear I haven't had much of anything truly sexy to wear in many games (though I put together some interesting looks in Rift). I find it interesting that people still complain about it when I struggle to find cute looks that don't make me look like a robot (full coverage plate) or a nun (long-sleeved robes -_-). (Emphasis on "cute" as I could piece together some things for maximum skin exposure in GW2, but it would not be pretty -- not many of the sets in GW2 are in the first place. :P)
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Unfortunately, no Tera for me, I have to play the game with kids in the room.

Deleted
    That would just be poor taste on your part. ;D

Like one could actually wear many of Tera's outfits and shoes if someone designed them. Which they did!

This is unbelievable as armor for an MMO:

^ these shoes, holy shit....

And if one is able to run the game at maximum settings the animation, textures and overall fidelity is beyond anything I know of in a Western playable MMORPG.
    The armor really does look great. It's just a shame the gameplay is so bland to me I can't bother to be online for over an hour =(.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Spiders From Mars Online

There are three playable classes. David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust, and The Codpiece from Labyrnth.
    You remind me of the Codpiece
    What Codpiece ? Codpiece with the power
    What power? power of voodoo
    Who do? you do
    Do what? remind me of the Codpiece ..

Would make for an interesting intro to the game lol

Deleted
    I can only hope the only reason the armor in GW2 is still kind of disappointing, is because they start releasing at level 0, so any new piece is a +1.

What I always had trouble with is I follow the concept artists of Guild Wars very actively. I sometimes find unreleased pieces on their websites. For example this one by Daniel Dociu. Why I love this piece is because it's much more armor than it currently is, even though it's still not exactly protective. But much more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I can only hope the only reason the armor in GW2 is still kind of disappointing, is because they start releasing at level 0, so any new piece is a +1.
    I doubt it. It's been 1.5 years and the only nice set to emerge beyond some of the culturals has been the Phoenix armor. Whoever they have designing sets just isn't very good.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I wish. :P

I've been saying for awhile that game companies need to start hiring actual clothing/costume designers.
    I know the clothing in world of darkness will be designed by actual clothing designers.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-02-04 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Tera the female stances are absolutely horrid. Seriously, have you seen the standing animation? Who the FUCK stands like that?

It's like every one of them are runway whores just begging to get ass-fucked.

Great armor design though.

Mod edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-04 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    In Tera the female stances are absolutely horrid. Seriously, have you seen the standing animation? Who the FUCK stands like that?

It's like every one of them are runway whores just begging to get ass-fucked.

Great armor design though.

Mod edit: Infracted.
    lol, but isnt that good?
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti