Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahnaa View Post
    There was a post made a month ago that says to read the other posts and guides before posting. Not sure why we needed a second one - moderators seem to move threads...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Before-Posting!
    Because there are almost as many questions asked in Akraen's guide thread as there are views on that topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could we not add the very useful information and links that Akraen posted here into the Read before posting sticky thread? That way the most important stuff is clustered there and we can avoid the unnecessary arguments and discussions like this one. What do you think Akraen?
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Could we not add the very useful information and links that Akraen posted here into the Read before posting sticky thread? That way the most important stuff is clustered there and we can avoid the unnecessary arguments and discussions like this one. What do you think Akraen?
    That information is already in that stickied thread. Ironic we had another thread to discuss it eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice link on the Arcane Mage thread. I feel quite enlightened. I'll probably never have to ask another question on these forums again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    MGT made that thread on Dec 21st, and it climbed to about 600 views in one day. Then it went up to about 720 views total over the span of one month.

Now just in one day, since I made this thread and apparently upset some unappreciative people, the view count has gone up to 811.

Still a miniscule amount. People won't click on that. Those who are claiming I'm some heartless bastard are not allowing for the general laziness of someone seeking answers.

Edit: Wrote this after Constraint's last post!

Translation: The link doesn't work.

This is a wierd discussion. I think Akraen mostly is trying to say he gets tons of PMs, get called out in threads and see new threads pop up on subjects that have been answered many times, and instead of ignoring it he made this thread where he has tried to gather (all/most of?) the information a new poster often are looking for.

Akraen is no mod so he can't delete your thread if you want to make a one, no matter what the subject is but it seems he is saying that on these subjects he will no longer offer detailed help, cause all the information is already there.

Unfortunately too few read the READ THIS-threads, this one is a bit different with harsher language and pointers to where find the information you need.

Fine with me I guess. I don`t want people to be afraid of posting in case they get yelled at (I was there not long ago myself), then again there is so many texts I`ve not posted cause I searched and found the answers.
    Last edited by Narsha; 2014-01-24 at 10:07 AM.
    twitter.com/the_narsha

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want this stickied. If this was stickied nobody would read it. Case in point: see above. In less than 24 hours it already has way more views than the READ BEFORE POSTING thread.

This is how I prove points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I don't want this stickied. If this was stickied nobody would read it. Case in point: see above. In less than 24 hours it already has way more views than the READ BEFORE POSTING thread.

This is how I prove points.
    Alrighty then. Thread views have very little impact on information retention. I open threads all the time, mostly due to reports. That doesn't mean I read what the OP says, just look at the information I need to make a decision. Further, threads over the week, that aren't locked, tend to have more views than things over the weekend. Had you posted this on Saturday, the results of your analysis would have been different.

Lastly, while cool and all, this thread does little to help the mods or the actual forum users. We have stickies, and we have posters already directing people to them. We know how to deal with clutter, that's why we mod the boards. Opening a new thread to tell people to do things we already do without providing anything of merit to the class discussion doesn't help us; you're just bloating the boards you're trying to thin down. Also, regular posters don't always like another poster telling them what to do, seems a bit pretentious at times.

For those wondering, no, this will not get a sticky. It's actually getting locked. I appreciate the help, but let us do our jobs, and if you would like to help, then throw an app over to Bibi and apply to be a mod as well. What doesn't help me is seeing an OP report someone who disagrees with their thread (not cool man).

Best of luck with WoD beta coming out!
    BfA Beta Time