Resto secondary stats for heroics

So our guild is back to raiding and we are entering heroics, we have killed immerseus and we are on protectors. We were struggling a little bit but it's totally do-able but it made me wonder if mastery would be more beneficial than crit for this fight or for heroics in general.

Anyone know is mastery is stronger for heroics?

I'm going to stick with the 8.3k haste tick for HST (goblin)
    lower spirit but compensates with crit

or if I should go higher spirit but higher mastery

Quote Originally Posted by DefeatShaman View Post
    So our guild is back to raiding and we are entering heroics, we have killed immerseus and we are on protectors. We were struggling a little bit but it's totally do-able but it made me wonder if mastery would be more beneficial than crit for this fight or for heroics in general.

Anyone know is mastery is stronger for heroics?

I'm going to stick with the 8.3k haste tick for HST (goblin)
    lower spirit but compensates with crit

or if I should go higher spirit but higher mastery
    avoid mastery/reforge out of mastery. you will end up with a ton of it anyway, just because of available gear, but that can't be helped.

you can find this answer in many of the recent threads on this page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    avoid mastery/reforge out of mastery. you will end up with a ton of it anyway, just because of available gear, but that can't be helped.

you can find this answer in many of the recent threads on this page.
    Oh really? I have itemlvl 574 and only have 1200 extra mastery on my staff... and that's just because i'm not very lucky when it comes to weapons... for the 1st time you can have 0 extra mastery on your gear.

Now to topic:
    Are you raiding 10s or 25s? I'm raiding 25s and went back to +40% haste (11500 i think) > mastery > crit > spirit. I simply like it better. On most fights it's a hps loss, but one simple question: Sims say that above 60-70% hp (just estimating here) crit is better than mastery, below that mastery is better. most of the time your raid will be above 70% hp, so crit is the better choice. The problem with that is: It's not those above 70% hp that die most times, it's those who are below 50%. So crit is more hps, mastery saves more lives.

In the end it's up to you. What do you like better? I love haste and mastery and can afford to have little crit and spirit numbers thanks to 2 or 3 manatides in our raid. Can you? Because without mana you can't heal at all.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zema/advanced

I aim for 9k haste > crit > ~10-11k spirit > mastery > spirit > haste. I gem 320 crit in yellows and 80 int/160 crit in reds and for the most part entirely reforge out of spirit because of how abundant it is, due to itemization it's left me with a few pieces where I do actually reforge into mastery simple because I prefer extra throughput to excess spirit. It's worked well thus-far and most 10 man shamans run something along the lines of 9k haste > crit > comfortable spirit > whatever. I've also tried the 15316 haste break-point and enjoyed it, it performed well and is totally viable option if you can reach that much haste without compromising too many other stats, if I were 3 healing I would likely prefer it to 9k haste but I two heal everything with a disc priest. Healing composition can definitely affect stat priorities take that into consideration, I heal with a disc priest so mastery is particularly underwhelming, but even healing with any other class I still don't think I would prioritize mastery over crit. <3 crit
    Last edited by Barrun; 2014-01-24 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zema View Post
    Oh really? I have itemlvl 574 and only have 1200 extra mastery on my staff... and that's just because i'm not very lucky when it comes to weapons... for the 1st time you can have 0 extra mastery on your gear.
    you don't wear a cape?

i'd say you've been very lucky indeed if you managed a complete gear set without mastery. i've not been so lucky with drops, i guess.

From 10 man perspective 2-healing with a disc priest, the haste/mastery build is working well for me. High mastery doesn't necessarily mean you have to go higher spirit, I find 7k - 9k to be sufficient depending on the boss (9k on iron juggernaut and dark shamans). It does require however careful mana management -- you can't simply forget about mana as you can do with a crit build.