Deleted

Who else loves Gorillaz?

Can't believe their first song was released 14 years ago! I feel old

Deleted
    Not a fan of the genre they represent, but I must admit I did enjoy their debut quite a fair bit.

Deleted
    ahh that brings back memories,
    asked my (now dead) gran for the Gorrillaz album for Christmas when she asked what I wanted.
    Dotty old dear got me The monkeys greatest hits >.<

well cant blame her really

Deleted
    I don't usually enjoy rap/rnb whatever but Gorillaz is certainly an exception - plus their music videos rock

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like 1/3 of their songs. But some are there just like some kind of a filter.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

demon days is probably one of the only albums i can listen to from start to finish while feeling a swell of awesomeness. wasn't so excited about plastic beach.

I enjoy some of their songs.

I remember getting the first album and listening to it for a while. Didn't keep up with the band in general some time after that. It was pretty good music, though the artists behind it, had an odd reason for starting the band, I thought at the time.

There was some interview I saw in the early 2000s where the one of they guys said something to the effect of "We wanted to create music that could stand alone, outside of the influence of the artist."

I remember, figuratively, scratching my head and thinking isn't music the results of the artists creative spirit? Then dropped it, it was his band after all.

Deleted
    A little, kind of grown up and forgot about them; Was never really a huge fan bar one or two tracks.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still remember when Clint Eastwood came out. Man I loved the song and video clip.

I was out at a bar over xmas and the cover band did an account version of 19-2000. Took me ages to work out how I knew the song. They did a great cover!

Also the small set they did on the live lounge is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them. Feel Good Inc. is still one of my favorite jams.

I want to like them. I feel like I can recognize their talent, but it makes me sad that I just can't personally get into their music. I really want to. In fact because of this thread I am now listening to demon days again. Maybe it will click this time.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    LOVE them <3

I feel connected to this song for personal reasons~

Last edited by sugarlily; 2014-01-23 at 10:56 PM. Reason: dat grammar
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

I liked 3 or 4 of their songs back in high school, 10+ years ago. Kind of fun to be reminded of them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Days is a great album. Plastic Beach was less solid, but there are some great songs on it, I still have it in my car... Rhinestone Eyes, Stylo, Empire Ants, Some Kind of Nature and On Melancholy Hill are my favourites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Gorillaz, I was super happy when Deltron 3030 came out with a new record some 13 years later. I dig these concept albums, such a break from the usual ruckus.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I freaking love Gorillaz! I've been a fan for so long, and they always have exceptional music and it's way better than all the rubbish in the charts today. I saw them live in manchester for the Plastic Beach tour, and that was also phenomenal (it's also the only concert I've ever been to). The only albums I haven't heard are The Fall and Laika Come Home.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHopper View Post
    demon days is probably one of the only albums i can listen to from start to finish while feeling a swell of awesomeness. wasn't so excited about plastic beach.
    Two other albums that I can listen to from start to finish are Late Registration and Hybrid Theory/Reanimation.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the songs but like the animations :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved them i mean the early work but not the last stuff they brought out.

My favorite:

- Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog