Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We should only have one race while we're at it, because who cares what their character looks like, amirite?

If this game didn't have some focus on how you look, the game wouldn't have so many features that focused solely on aesthetics. The game is 9 years old and won't stay in the competition if it still looks like year one Runescape. Wood carving faces covered in flashy armor with tentacles, Christmas lights and Garrosh's left nut hanging off of them look pretty goofy.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    I don't get all the excitement either. I'm never that zoomed in for any length of time and the majority of the time my toons are covered up with armor.

So for me, I don't give a rats a$$ about them.

However, In saying that, I have no problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    I agree, in part, that after some time, we will get used to the models and in game and stop caring. However, every time I look at the current models in game, they scream "outdated" so it is needed, especially for potential new players.

Deleted
    Ah, the RP community. I guess I'd want to look good naked too while I cyber
    Personally, I'd prefer better looking chars over new dungeons any day if only one thing would be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    ^this

and You "mister I don't care" think twice before post some shit...
    I admire the shape of your skull..

I am excited as all hell about the new models and animations, i'm not sure why.. BUT I AM GODDAMN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahu View Post
    With this argument you could say everything can be ugly as fuck, because you zoom out so, who cares. Look at the transmog feature, it is popular because people care about how their character looks like.
    That doesn't make any sense. Tmog is popular because the ARMOR is what you see for the vast majority of people, not hands and faces. Yes, a lot of people opt to have the helmet hidden but unless you're Rping or zoomed in for some reason it's still an indistinct blur. And after the first month or two the new look will be familiar and old hat anyway(after 9 years playing, the physical appearance of any of my toons is one of the last things I worry about). Big brouhaha over nothing imo.

I play with the camera not too far from the character themselves Also unless it is a circlet or something I play with my helm and cloak hidden. And I care a hella lot more about how my character looks than raiding for some temporary purples.

It's also nice to finally see some updates. Was getting tired of the Nintendo 64 look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Tmog is popular because the ARMOR is what you see for the vast majority of people, not hands and faces. Yes, a lot of people opt to have the helmet hidden but unless you're Rping or zoomed in for some reason it's still an indistinct blur. And after the first month or two the new look will be familiar and old hat anyway(after 9 years playing, the physical appearance of any of my toons is one of the last things I worry about). Big brouhaha over nothing imo.
    After 9 years of playing the appearance of any of my toons is one of the only things I worry about.
    Last edited by Khaoticsuccubus; 2014-01-23 at 07:30 PM.
    "Few maxims have done more harm than, Children should be seen, and not heard."

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the human female update on the front page makes me think these updated character models are much ado about nothing. They barely look different to me. What a waste of time and resources. This is going to turn out worse than he cataclysm revamp.

While I like the updates thus far, not sure I'll see much of my own character's faces that often and I'll be zoomed out so um... yeah. I rarely notice animations differences, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This is going to turn out worse than he cataclysm revamp.
    Not likely, they have a dedicated art team doing the models. Unfortunately, that also means they're taking forever to accomplish a single race/gender. Assuming Blizzard's CEO went completely insane and said they wouldn't released WoD until the models are finished and if they keep at this pace it'll be 2015 before the next expansion is released.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-01-23 at 07:25 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Something that some of you don't realise is that the new models will affect NPCs...so yeah, it's a big thing, we will see every single NPC that uses the character models updated, imagine every single orc from SoO updated for example.

Character models will likely have a pretty big impact on how armor is rendered on our characters. So yes, you probably will notice a difference.

Also, new animations, rigging, etc. And maybe human females will have normal sized weapons.

And while I'm here and thinking about it, as someone who mains an orc, I like what I see. Now I just need to see the troll models so I can have an idea of how awesome my DK will look.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all go on about npcs. I barely look at them. It's still a waste of time. One of the dumbest things blizzard has ever put resources into.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You all go on about npcs. I barely look at them. It's still a waste of time. One of the dumbest things blizzard has ever put resources into.
    It's a waste of time for you, then. Thankfully you're not everyone.

Ever heard of roleplaying?

You know, the last 3 letters of the word MMORPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Oh, I don't wear helmets either so I can look at my character's face... maybe I just think tusks are cute though.
    Same here, except instead of tusks, it's my mohawk and braided goatee.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Because it isn't just about the model itself, but how the armour sits on the model, the animations, the movements and the general feel of the game overall. It's ~10 years old the models, they need updating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's a waste of time for you, then. Thankfully you're not everyone.
    Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.

Ya, Ive never thought "OMG that NPC looks awesome! I absolutely MOST go talk to him/her"

10+ Year Old Account
    Becuase someone that might be intrested in the game might look at the game and say ''wtf these characters look like they are from 2003''?. It can atract or retain people.

And most importantly, the game doesn't look awful to today's standards.

Yeah, such a waste of time to update the characters we are all playing in an MMORPG. Y U NO MAEK MORE RAIDS INSTED BLIZZ.