Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that all the new hairstyles still look ugly and outdated? Just look at them:

<snip>

It's silly that we get all those new cool looking character models but the hairstyles look like they're from 2006 in low resolution. Don't rush those models Blizzard but make every single aspect of them in high resolution!
    I'm not sure if I should approach answering this from the "Oh, another person who will never be satisfied" angle or the "Oh look, another person who has no idea how sweeping updates in software development work" angle.

Suffice to say: It's a big change. the actual styles are fine. Could they use better resolution? Yes, but then they'll have to update the entire game engine to accommodate that, do you mind if we just have them scrap the character model revamps and push them out to two expansions from now? Of course, no guarantee then either, as no one knows what the state of the game will be at that point.....

If you're looking for cutting edge graphics with hair-fine resolutions: You're playing the wrong game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Give them time to show the animations. The gnomes have already been shown, F-humans have not. It's hardly fair to compare a female still shot to a gnome action shot.
    No one's talking about animations here but about graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    If you're looking for cutting edge graphics with hair-fine resolutions: You're playing the wrong game.
    I'm sorry but did I miss something? Did Blizzard state that models and graphics in WoW will be ugly? You have no idea what you're saying. Compare vanilla graphics to MoP. You don't see any difference? -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that all the new hairstyles still look ugly and outdated? Just look at them:

It's silly that we get all those new cool looking character models but the hairstyles look like they're from 2006 in low resolution. Don't rush those models Blizzard but make every single aspect of them in high resolution!
    Most of these physicalities will be covered up with gear. People seem to find the worst in everything. I, for one, will reserve judgement until I see the final product. Odds are, I will still be much more happy with the new models than I am with the current ones.

Every single female human i have dons a bun. and the bun looks fantastic in these images so IDGAAAFFFFFFFFF

They look pasted on to me, maybe they'll look better once we see animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm disappointed in this. I had high hopes Blizzard would fix the mistakes of some races like making trolls look decent. More like the Amani trolls for example. But instead they're not going to do any changes to look remotely like that. So that means troll males will still be goofy as hell looking with their hunchback and floppy feets.

But yeah so many of the hairstyles look just plain terrible. Look at the male draenei ones for example, I'm going to laugh so hard when they preview them. Thats another race I had high hopes for when I heard they would be updated. I hoped theyd change them to resemble their Eredar brothers a little more and less space goaty with genitalia hanging off their chins. Also wish they'd hire a new voice actor for male draenei because that laugh is ungodly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I quite like 'em

Because they have to conform to the shape of the old one they're replicating. And we're not seeing it in motion.

P.S. Fem gnome is glorious:

Look at the difference motion makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Meh, I like the hair. Never cared for that particular style in the OP's image for female humans, but the others, including the ponytails and the messy bun, look absolutely fantastic to me. Same with the other races. There may not be much radical change in the hairstyles themselves, but they look so much better than they did before, and that's what matters to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looked at the art style of Wod? Real looking hair would look way way out of place.
    Aye mate