Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    So you're saying millions will stop playing if they don't get their reskins with WoD?

Interesting. Thanks for the business advice.
    Lol you are saying they wont? This was billed as THEE major selling point for the expac and the excuse for no new class/race. Yes there will be a shit storm if some peoples races are done and some are not....you really cant see that? How many rage threads were made about not being to fly until a future patch...now imagine what will happen if Blizz tells people "you have to wait"

10+ Year Old Account
    model updates is the only selling point?

not the fact that we are getting A WHOLE NEW DAMN EXPANSION

this dosent really prove anything. this is more of a rant for the sake of a rant going off assumptions
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-01-23 at 08:39 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I am truthfully sorry, but I do stand by what I said. This is underwhelming. We waited almost a month for a reveal (which I know was based off a tweet) but with no info since Blizzcon I was expecting a new model on the site and maybe a reveal like this, not just this. This is very underwhelming, not OMGZ I quit WoW!11!!!! underwhelming, but its still a bit worrisome either way. These are considered one of the big launch features and at this rate we may not even have half of these by September..... which is not good.

Edit: I am however a bit relieved that the article mentions its a series.... maybe we will get more.... soon... I hope so.
    Edit Edit: On a side note, the human female looks gorgeous they did a great job.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2014-01-23 at 08:32 PM.

They're just teasing, the sky isn't falling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    now imagine what will happen if Blizz tells people "you have to wait"
    But they've already told people that they have to wait.

I don't see many people angry or upset over it on any wow related forum I've visited since they announcement.

Christ I hate the wow community, just so much.

well it's a bit disappointing... screenshots, no animations... fucking YAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah totally. It's insane. We haven't even seen any art at all for the raids yet and only glimpsed a couple flythroughs of less than a handful zones so god only knows how far behind schedule those features must be. Man... unless they posts some screenshots to prove me wrong soon I'd say an educated ETA on the expansion places it somewhere around late Q4 2018 release - if we're lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I am truthfully sorry, but I do stand by what I said. This is underwhelming. We waited almost a month for a reveal (which I know was based off a tweet) but with no info since Blizzcon I was expecting a new model on the site and maybe a reveal like this, not just this. This is very underwhelming, not OMGZ I quit WoW!11!!!! underwhelming, but its still a bit worrisome either way. These are considered one of the big launch features and at this rate we may not even have half of these by September..... which is not good.
    People have to stop saying "at this rate". Blizzard DOES NOT have a set rate, they can release them any time they would feel necessary. They aren't in their office saying "okay so we have 2 months to get the new model out now since we released the human female." Stop with the "at this rate" bullshit already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, the intern they told to make the blog post didn't get it done very fast. :|
    You'd have a hard time convincing me that these early reveals are particularly high priority. Just because they have better things to do than show us screenshots of everything they do doesn't mean the work isn't getting done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol you are saying they wont? This was billed as THEE major selling point for the expac and the excuse for no new class/race. Yes there will be a shit storm if some peoples races are done and some are not....you really cant see that? How many rage threads were made about not being to fly until a future patch...now imagine what will happen if Blizz tells people "you have to wait"
    I didn't see where new reskins were the one selling point for WoD. They might be for you. When they previewed WoD, there were a ton of other new features announced, as well as expanding upon old features.

Also, just because they gave us a preview of one race/gender doesn't mean the others aren't in development or close to ready for preview either. In all likelihood they have small teams working on each race/gender, and each person within that team working on something different.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Christ I hate the wow community, just so much.
    Then perhaps you need a new hobby.

Get a clue. You think they are done/almost done with models and they are just waiting to release even screen shots of them? While each day that passes they are losing more and more subs? You too, please never go into buisness
    Yes, exactly. The model reveals are out of the art teams hands at this point, the community team is in charge of releasing the previews as they deem necessary. I'd reckon they are going to release the rest of the models, 1 at a time over the next few weeks betwen now and the beta, to keep WoD hype and discussion going as long as possible. If they just dropped all the models on us now we'd go "WOW That's cool! Good job!" and forget about it 24 hours later, then be bored until the beta.

By releasing just one of the models, they built hype. By spreading out the releases, they are spreading out hype. Hype is good, and the longer they can maintain that hype, the better. Marketing 101. Hell, we're buzzing on about the new model as we speak, and getting pissed at Blizz for not releasing more. We're literally behaving exactly as they expected us to.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'll let you think on that for a bit. And here's a hint: They're probably done, or being finished.
    Well obviously they've been abandoned considering we've heard nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Well obviously they've been abandoned considering we've heard nothing.
    Obviously.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    How is it not? It is their main selling point for WOD?
    ... No the main selling point is leveling to level 100, the new story, the new world and etc.

The new models is just icing on the cake, hell Garrisons is a bigger selling point than the new models.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't prove anything, just enjoy the fact that these new models are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    People have to stop saying "at this rate". Blizzard DOES NOT have a set rate, they can release them any time they would feel necessary. They aren't in their office saying "okay so we have 2 months to get the new model out now since we released the human female." Stop with the "at this rate" bullshit already.
    If you do basic averages with what we have and what we can guess is release (Mid-June) we will not have all our models by then if they keep releasing them like they are now. And as I said later in my post. I am not going to quit, but that doesn't change the fact here that we have literally fucking nothing to work with except a T-Animation Skeleton, which is like handing someone a damn texture and stretching it over something, no rigging as far as we can tell, has been done. I am not Blizzard. I do not have there release schedule. I can tell you why they released this now though. Human Female is the most played Alliance Race and Gender. It was a ploy to keep people interested. It may work for some, but not for many others. This is very underwhelming, you can be upset at me all you want, but the bottom line is: THIS. WAS. UNDERWHELMING.

As I later added in as edits: I think they did a great job with the Human Females so far, lets hope the path continues and judging just by the article I can tell you they will be releasing more of these, the question is just when.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2014-01-23 at 08:44 PM.

Considering they said they'll ship WoD even if all the models aren't done.. you are incorrect.

I'm straight up too lazy to list other reasons why so Ima just say I disagree.

Deleted
    I believe that was a "sneak peak" and the full reveal is coming on Friday?