Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is a reason for this. Lack of monetary resources is not one of them. Blizzard believes that delaying the character models is in their best interest. If they believed turning the development team upside down in order to reveal them 3 months ago they would have done so. The size of wow does not allow for very loose prioritization, the work involving the new character models may not be very noticeable before 90% is done.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    First entry in a series they're going to do about the process.

It's not an accurate portrayal of their progress. You're getting a taste of the process. He said it was stuff they were doing for the website, so enjoy your teaser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    What else are we getting, in regards to information about WoD since Blizzcon, aside from it's updated character models?
    not getting anything. they dont need to. it was never a rule that everything must be shown in its entirety and 100% complete before the expac can go live. doing little cute reveals for every detail in the game is simply not a priority for blizzard. getting the work done, so they can release the product to the players is. you the player, somehow expected to have your little imaginary checklists filled out and completed along the way. its not gonna happen. we will get teasers. so that there is still plenty of things to oooh and ahhh over when either the beta is turned on, or the expac is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    not getting anything. they dont need to. it was never a rule that everything must be shown in its entirety and 100% complete before the expac can go live. doing little cute reveals for every detail in the game is simply not a priority for blizzard. getting the work done, so they can release the product to the players is. you the player, somehow expected to have your little imaginary checklists filled out and completed along the way. its not gonna happen. we will get teasers. so that there is still plenty of things to oooh and ahhh over when either the beta is turned on, or the expac is released.
    Ok, but in a game that is bleeding subs, and a playerbase that is by in large already sick of SoO (see completion rates) and is desperate for motivation to keep playing for the GULF of time until WoD, does this reveal of a screen shot bolster your confidence that a new expac will be out before this patch gets stale enough to stop the bleed?

Blizz set up this perception that expansions will be released quicker, it's on their head, not the player. So with this meagre reveal on the progress of the next expansion, you can;t blame the player base for thinking that Blizz is gonna draw this whole scenario out for as long as possible, despite their claims and wishes.

Some segment of the player base is entitled to feel upset in regards to what Blizz has told them, and the seeming lack of urgency on Blizz's part to allay those anxieties is even MORE worrying to those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    you see the thing about the "big reveal" we've been waiting for is actually, WHEN THEY RELEASE THE XPAC!! anything up until that time is a preview. they literally have to show us nothing, but as you've pointed out its a marketing technique to keep us excited. its obvious to me that you don't think before you rant and rage about things you clearly have no understanding of, and if you think they revealed even half of what they actually have done (including raid art etc) your sadly mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

you do realize they are changing animations also?? so the way your character runs will look different with armor on, thats the big fucking deal.
    It's just not a big deal to me, but clearly I'm not in the majority there. Again, I don't spend time when I'm raiding/pvping/etc looking at my character. I work on situational awareness, monitoring procs/cooldowns/etc. My character is the last thing I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    As has been said many many times before, animations are being updated as well.

It bothers a lot of people that female humans for example currently run like they have a stick up their butt...
    I don't spend any appreciable amount of time staring at my character while playing. I have never noticed that and played a human female for a while. But we each have our priorities, so I acknowledge this is important to some people.

You're also dumbly assuming they havent got very far progress in any of the other models.

I dont think so...

There's a big difference between what they are revealing and what is complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, but in a game that is bleeding subs, and a playerbase that is by in large already sick of SoO (see completion rates) and is desperate for motivation to keep playing for the GULF of time until WoD, does this reveal of a screen shot bolster your confidence that a new expac will be out before this patch gets stale enough to stop the bleed?

Blizz set up this perception that expansions will be released quicker, it's on their head, not the player. So with this meagre reveal on the progress of the next expansion, you can;t blame the player base for thinking that Blizz is gonna draw this whole scenario out for as long as possible, despite their claims and wishes.

Some segment of the player base is entitled to feel upset in regards to what Blizz has told them, and the seeming lack of urgency on Blizz's part to allay those anxieties is even MORE worrying to those players.
    No segment of the player base is entitled to anything. Subs always dip at the end of an expansion. Stop worrying about what Blizzard is doing and just play the game. Or don't play it. Since we're making generalizations with no evidence: Most of the player base is still loving SoO.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    No segment of the player base is entitled to anything. Subs always dip at the end of an expansion. Stop worrying about what Blizzard is doing and just play the game. Or don't play it. Since we're making generalizations with no evidence: Most of the player base is still loving SoO.
    Yep, subs always dip towards the end of an expansion. So in an expansion that has been leaking subs throughout it's existance, and majorly so, you don;t think it is prudent of them to build hype quicker, rather than 4 months after they mentioned anything significant about it?

The recent graphs and player surveys show that people are bored enough, or lack the will, to progress in SoO past LFR and Flex. It was hardly a generalization. Please show me data where the majority of people are that engaged with SoO that they love it.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-01-23 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    exactly this, the playerbase generally has no idea what blizzards design process is, and after 10+ years playing blizzard games ive learned not to expect to much or reed to much into blizzards expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, subs always dip towards the end of an expansion. So in an expansion that has been leaking subs throughout it's existance, and majorly so, you don;t think it is prudent of them to build hype quicker, rather than 4 months after they mentioned anything significant about it?

The recent graphs and player surveys show that people are bored enough, or lack the will, to progress in SoO past LFR and Flex. It was hardly a generalization. Please show me data where people are that engaged with SoO that they love it.
    if they are bored let them quit. in my opinion is if people are bored or dont want to push themselves to clear harder content they shouldnt play simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they got done in 3 days then never got around to posting anything or maybe just maybe they wanted you to wait? /Brainfuck? I love how you assume that they non-stop didn't sleep back-breaking work took the full team 3 weeks for X so it must take this long to do Y. Really.. use you brain.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

if they are bored let them quit. in my opinion is if people are bored or dont want to push themselves to clear harder content they shouldnt play simple as that.
    You might want that. Hardcore raiders might want that. People with blinders on as to what WoW is may want that.

But Blizz sure as hell doesnt.

But if they do, get ready for more in game shop purchases to fill that sub loss income hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    So, on 1/3/2014 Chris Robinson tweeted, "Working on getting next character reveal together...will update ASAP"

Almost 3 weeks later, he revealed 1 gender of 1 race...in screenshots...with no animations...

This took 3 weeks to put together...just 1

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

There are 10 races being remodled for wow, 2 genders each, this equals 20 new models.

We have screen shots for 10 models and actual animations for only 3

It took Blizz 3 weeks to put together 1 screenshot. If Blizz keeps up this break neck speed expect to see all the models in 7.5 months. And god only knows how long until you actually see animations for all 20.

Not to mention there is still no Beta, with the holidays long over (as was being used for an excuse for the delay by community).

I really think Blizz bit off more than they can chew. I used to think the people who thought WOD would be a fall/winter release were cray, but now? I dont think Blizz realizes how far their sub count is going to plumet, will be interesting to see.
    I wonder if maybe they have much, much more done than they are revealing, but they are choosing to leak it slowly. Hmmm no, no, definitely not, that couldn't be the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I don't spend any appreciable amount of time staring at my character while playing. I have never noticed that and played a human female for a while. But we each have our priorities, so I acknowledge this is important to some people.
    I hate hearing people say this, look we get it you're like a small minority of players that only do one thing in the game which is arenas and have only around 1k achievements on your whole account and only have the best pvp gear because of the stats alone, your kind come and go, you wouldn't care if you have a stick figure as a toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Human
    Dwarf
    Night Elf
    Gnome
    Draenei (yes they said it would be updated by release)
    Orc
    Undead
    Tauren
    Troll
    Blood Elf (see above)

I see 20... 10 males + 10 females = 20 models that need to be updated.

The OP's point in a nutshell. Let Blizzard worry about their progress. We don't know exactly how far into their progress that they actually are. They're revealing things on their time, not yours.

Deleted
    The game won't release anywhere before september anway so their progress is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    This, and I feel the need to emphasize here, because I keep getting yelled at. I am not going to quit, I am not going to go on a Sky is Falling Rant, but no matter how you spin it, they made this sound like much more than it was.... which to be a bit fair, is sort of the point of hype, but that still doesn't make this alright. I am also done posting at this point, I have other things I need to do anyway.
    sounds like you set your sights way too high.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

In b4 blizzard decides to build a hype train and release WoD after blizzcon ROFL

In wildstar we trust