Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Character "reveal" proves how far out WOD really is

So, on 1/3/2014 Chris Robinson tweeted, "Working on getting next character reveal together...will update ASAP"

Almost 3 weeks later, he revealed 1 gender of 1 race...in screenshots...with no animations...

This took 3 weeks to put together...just 1

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

There are 10 races being remodled for wow, 2 genders each, this equals 20 new models.

We have screen shots for 10 models and actual animations for only 3

It took Blizz 3 weeks to put together 1 screenshot. If Blizz keeps up this break neck speed expect to see all the models in 7.5 months. And god only knows how long until you actually see animations for all 20.

Not to mention there is still no Beta, with the holidays long over (as was being used for an excuse for the delay by community).

I really think Blizz bit off more than they can chew. I used to think the people who thought WOD would be a fall/winter release were cray, but now? I dont think Blizz realizes how far their sub count is going to plumet, will be interesting to see.

The sky is falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could simply be it's not on the top of their priority list...

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    So, on 1/3/2014 Chris Robinson tweeted, "Working on getting next character reveal together...will update ASAP"

Almost 3 weeks later, he revealed 1 gender of 1 race...in screenshots...with no animations...

This took 3 weeks to put together...just 1

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

There are 10 races being remodled for wow, 2 genders each, this equals 20 new models.

We have screen shots for 10 models and actual animations for only 3

It took Blizz 3 weeks to put together 1 screenshot. If Blizz keeps up this break neck speed expect to see all the models in 7.5 months. And god only knows how long until you actually see animations for all 20.

Not to mention there is still no Beta, with the holidays long over (as was being used for an excuse for the delay by community).

I really think Blizz bit off more than they can chew. I used to think the people who thought WOD would be a fall/winter release were cray, but now? I dont think Blizz realizes how far their sub count is going to plumet, will be interesting to see.
    Although I do agree it's a bit disappointing that it took them so long, they only need to do 8 races I believe, they don't have to do Pandaren, Worgen nor Goblins. That still is 16 models though.

So clueless. Mouth runs anyway.

Deleted
    This is, in fact, a joke. They teased us for 3 weeks and deliver practically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Although I do agree it's a bit disappointing that it took them so long, they only need to do 8 races I believe, they don't have to do Pandaren, Worgen nor Goblins. That still is 16 models though.
    They have said recently that they may not have all the models ready for WoD and release the ones not ready post release.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    How is it not? It is their main selling point for WOD?

What is a generalization for 50 points please.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Human
    Dwarf
    Night Elf
    Gnome
    Draenei (yes they said it would be updated by release)
    Orc
    Undead
    Tauren
    Troll
    Blood Elf (see above)

Well, compared to EU realm merges the speed of releasing new character models makes me dizzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theyve already done a bunch of them and another few aren't getting done at all. Just because they haven't released them doesn't mean that they aren't done or somewhat well developed. doing it is one thing, making a fan preview thing like that takes time and frankly isn't necessary.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said "Thursday/Friday", Could see another model update tomorrow aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Well it was the 3rd billing feature on the WoD trailer.... I would hope its a priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree. How many screenshots of character models they choose to show us is a perfect indicator of just how far they are along with the game. From what I hear, the dungeon/raid teams aren't even allowed to start designing until the character models are complete. The quest/lore teams have to wait for the character animations to be finished and completely revealed to us, the public. The music team must ensure their themes fit in perfectly with the updated dance animations before their work may begin.

Wait, what? Oh, that's right - it doesn't reveal anything whatsoever, what was I thinking?

...just a thought? This is a press release, essentially. Press releases are "sanitized" information to tease consumers and to stir up expectation.

Looks like they took a small bit of the finished content and threw it to the community. My guess is that what we saw today, in the model reveal, was something they finished at least a month or two ago. Just because we don't have game play footage of each and every character model, doesn't mean that release is half a year + away.

Granted at the very least I don't expect release to happen until May/June, with another month of development, and 3-4 months of beta, before release, regardless, though I would like to be wrong and have the expansion sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    They have said recently that they may not have all the models ready for WoD and release the ones not ready post release.
    I hope for their sake they dont do this. Imagine you are one of the unlucky few (half?) that is running around on an old model, waiting for some future patch to catch you up to the rest of the world...would be a very bad decision by Blizz if they do. I would say almost worse that waiting to release with all races updated (and that is pretty bad)

As someone already pointed out, they've said it's going to be a gradual release. They don't all need to be ready with WoD's release.

I'm sure people will continue to ignore this piece of info and argue for the next 50 pages, though.

Deleted
    Warlords of Draenor will be out before all the race models are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    I hope for their sake they dont do this. Imagine you are one of the unlucky few (half?) that is running around on an old model, waiting for some future patch to catch you up to the rest of the world...would be a very bad decision by Blizz if they do. I would say almost worse that waiting to release with all races updated (and that is pretty bad)
    Sometimes, you'll find in life that you're at the back of the line. Other times, you get lucky and the line forms behind you.

I'm sure you'll tough it out.