Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Yeh, just not at all true.

If people would stop ticketing for every single thing that bothers them, they might not get to this point!
    Except...prior to Wrath, you could submit a ticket and receive an *GASP* in-game response from an actual human being. I wonder why they could do that then, and not now? Must be because they figured out that we didn't want it, and it was in our best interest to wait longer and get auto-responses. Surely, that shows a company that cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar View Post
    Except...prior to Wrath, you could submit a ticket and receive an *GASP* in-game response from an actual human being. I wonder why they could do that then, and not now? Must be because they figured out that we didn't want it, and it was in our best interest to wait longer and get auto-responses. Surely, that shows a company that cares.
    Saving costs.

Nice, they make enough money a year to help Japan out of its financial situation but they can't hire 200 extra guys in India and train them to do customer service. I'm sure their wages would be such a dent in Blizzard's billions in revenue each year from WoW subscriptions, services and game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah that is wierd. Considering especially that if an employee of mine essentially spit in the face of my customers and told them to fuck off, yeah id say I would have to fire them too..
    You're not allowed to close a backlog of tickets where 99% is bullshit? Odd. Do you think helping those people (fi) 10 days after they reported their issue is going to make them happy? By closing the tickets and sending out a 'priority' code, the people with real problems will be helped within (fi) 3 days and the majority of people with stupid questions will just not resubmit. The last option makes everyone happy, except for the few who don't understand customer service, but no loss there.

ps. Obviously 'the boss' agrees. The CMs didn't do this on their own accord, I'm sure

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Nice theory, but that's not what is happening. They get thousands of tickets a day, they never close them without reading. Until now. They might have a backlog of 10.000 tickets and they know going through all of them would take so much time that 95% would already be solved by the user anyway or is a complete nonsense request. So they closed all of them, giving a special code in case you still need help. If you still need help, you will use the code and get help SOONER then you would have if they hadn't closed your ticket.

And yes, they will be getting thousands of useless nonsense tickets a day. Not just 200 or 300. I work in a company with 150 employees and already get at least 5 stupid questions a day that just waste my time (questions they could have solved themselves or are not about anything I can help with). Seeing Blizzard has 7-8 million customers, they could get 200.000+ stupid questions a day!
    In your fervor to defend Blizzard, you're forgetting one thing: as a company with paying customers, there are no "stupid" questions. If a customer doesn't know an answer and feels like the customer service representative (you) is their best knowledge resource, they have every right to ask a question. Some questions may seem dumb to the CSR because they hear it time and again, or because it seems commonplace knowledge, but to that paying customer, it obviously isn't.

Companies, despite what certain business minds would have you believe, owe their customers a great deal. Customer service is supposed to be set up to help the customer, and in this case, Blizzard seems to have taken the 'get volume down' priority over 'give excellent customer service'. The why's and how's of what happened we can endlessly speculate, because we don't know their inner-workings...but I would venture to guess that they were doing something wrong (lack of proper staffing in CSR department, etc) and that is what caused this snafu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Saving costs.
    Obviously, hence the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You think closing a flood of low priority or 0 priority tickets is the same thing as spitting in someone's face and telling them to fuck off?

499 tickets made by whining douchebags who lost a duel or can't figure out how to get back to their corpse after dying prevents the 1 person who has a compromised account from ever getting through.
    Oh I get it, your 15$ a month is more important than my 15$ a month, let's not instead try to hire more people to resolve everyone's issues, let's just close off the other guys because they're "whining douchebags". So much for democracy.

You think closing a flood of low priority or 0 priority tickets is the same thing as spitting in someone's face and telling them to fuck off?

499 tickets made by whining douchebags who lost a duel or can't figure out how to get back to their corpse after dying prevents the 1 person who has a compromised account from ever getting through.
    Who told you that 499 tickets were made by whining douchebags? If that was Blizzard, how exactly did *they* determine that? Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    Oh I get it, your 15$ a month is more important than my 15$ a month, let's not instead try to hire more people to resolve everyone's issues, let's just close off the other guys because they're "whining douchebags". So much for democracy.
    What I find funny is that these same people (the one's who would call the ticket-makers names), are probably the same people to say that Blizzard needs to make all content accessible to everyone in the name of "fairness" - because we all pay $15 per month. But this isn't applicable because...? $15 covers the right to ask a dumb question every once in a while, just as it guarantees you the right to play through all of the content.

Original link takes me to the customer support forum, and not the post itself.

Now, I'm certainly not Blizzard's biggest fan, but this is kind of disheartening. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

You're not allowed to close a backlog of tickets where 99% is bullshit? Odd.
    Believe it or not, no, that's not normal and not generally allowed.

Yeah that is wierd. Considering especially that if an employee of mine essentially spit in the face of my customers and told them to fuck off, yeah id say I would have to fire them too.

Thats exactly what the GM department did to all those paying customers. Watch Rainmaker. Blizzard is the insurance company in that movie.
    Except it's not. They sent a rather polite message with an easy escalation path for customers whose issue isn't resolved. Sure I bet its frustrating for the customer who had a legit issue....but which is less frustrating...waiting even more with nothing/auto message of we'll get to it or what they did. Neither is good...so I dunno. I just understand that it is a solution and at times it could make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    Either they are understaffed, or the volume far exceeded their projections and they can't just suddenly add staff. That takes literally months.

So even if increasing staff is the right answer, it doesn't solve the problem of what to do now with the volume they have. You have 2 options:

Chug through and possibly piss people of due to slow time to resolution
    Close out everything, and give those with still occurring issues an easy escalation path

Which is better/worse? Cause neither is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar View Post
    In your fervor to defend Blizzard, you're forgetting one thing: as a company with paying customers, there are no "stupid" questions. If a customer doesn't know an answer and feels like the customer service representative (you) is their best knowledge resource, they have every right to ask a question. Some questions may seem dumb to the CSR because they hear it time and again, or because it seems commonplace knowledge, but to that paying customer, it obviously isn't.

Thing is that they are just doing what other companies are doing for years now. You write a ticket and they close it and send you a code so that if you really have something important you have to write another ticket that includes the code. It just a way to filter out tickets that aren't that important or already solved. Customer service does that very often by you having to create an account or call a number that will cost you money. I don't think that's something bad and if it helps to cut down the queues it's ok because all tickets will still be worked on if really important to the customer.

Blizz has 7+ million customers for wow alone, While I don’t know how many customer service members they have I can assure you they do not have enough to answer every single ticket in a timely mannor. You are going to have some legit tickets and you are going to have some tickets that are mindless wastes of time. Then you are going to have tickets that are the same problem duplicated 700,000 times. Then you are going to have those duplicated tickets for something that has been solved during the back log.

Its impossible to answer every ticket on an individual basis and sometimes you have to clean house and start from a fresh pile. Sorry but thats the truth of the matter.

I guess we have moved into that phase of the game where people are getting bored of current content and spend all their time focusing on minor details and making knee jerk uninformed decisions based on shadows and assumptions. People need to call the new help line, 1-800-calm-theF-down.

Hmmm, so much negativity in this thread. It hurts.

Any time I hear about Blizzard not caring about their customers, I know it's a lie. I've had a lot of great customer support with Blizzard. Their support is best in the video game industry. Nobody enjoys the queue times, but that's a result of a few things, such as lack of self-service on certain issues, and some issues that drive players to open tickets not being fixed in a timely manner due to other projects being worked on. Of course there are some issues that simply cannot be avoided, and do require a ticket.

The thread's title mentions "without reading them" in it, as if Blizzard, blindly, sent a very generic answer to just random tickets. I doubt these tickets are random. I imagine these tickets are probably cherry-picked into a massive ticket pile, and that if we look at the subject matter of these tickets, they would be non-pressing issues, player-responsible tickets, -or- there's another contact method.

Some examples of this:

Quest issue/question: Troubles or questions about a quest can be resolved via looking that quest up on WoWhead.com, and reading the comments section. Player can fix this issue. Furthermore, making sure they're not in a raid, as most quests cannot be completed while in a raid group.

Item refund requests: if players bought a wrong item, the game allows a 2 hour window of time to refund that item. If they don't refund fast enough, that's most likely on the player. Most game's don't even allow item refunds/gear swapping. Players could, instead of opening a ticket, live up to their mistakes, and get the right item, say, next week.

Undeleting an item: there's an item service for that. https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration

Reporting bugs: There's a button players can press that goes straight to the WoW Dev team. If you go in game, hit escape, hit help, and find the "report bug" button on the left, and the report goes straight to Quality Assurance. Usually players expect GMs to fix the bug, which is not always possible. Quality Assurance, a team of non-GMs, works solely for squishing bugs.

Reporting other players: Players can right click other player names to report cheating, their character's name, or harassment. Ticket creation is rarely needed for, say, reporting somebody in trade chat for saying something bad. If you create a ticket in a different method.

- - - - - -

Now, let's say they closed a lot of non-pressing tickets, listed above, with a generic message that tells the player exactly what they can do about their issue next time. Wouldn't that mean the queue time on all the more important tickets that the Game Master can actually resolve and help out with be addressed faster? Wouldn't faster service be better? Why would they want to get to these tickets faster if they didn't care about their customers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. Time and time again they have shown that all they care about are the $$$.
    Time and time again they've solved my problems no muss no fuss and with a good sense of humor about everything,

Granted, this is bullshit. But I ain't calling where I know not to call. I've dealt with free to play MMO support before, HO HO, You in for a treat if you dare go down that yellow stained road.
    I'd pay sub mostly for Blizzard's support.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mocking aside. I think you should give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt before assuming stuff so quickly.
    What exactly have they done lately that has earned them the right to the benefit of the doubt?

- - - Updated - - -

You're not allowed to close a backlog of tickets where 99% is bullshit?
    I know I am not allowed to just delete customer emails without reading them at my job...

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I just think it's further demonstration that this company is further exploring the extremes of providing the least possible for the most profit. Every few weeks there is further evidence that they are cashing in with little care for the repercussions of their decision-making.
    I'd like to hear about your other examples. Also, Blizzard is not a zero profit organization. They're a company with wages to pay, lights to keep on, just like any other company. Making decisions based off of money and costs is nothing to wag a finger at. A company making responsible decisions according to what finances they have available is a good thing. You're saying all they care about is money. I really, really beg to differ. It's just one factor, along with many.

Meanwhile, they're talking out the side of their mouth trying to professionally explain away all of the criticism. They'll eventually reach a critical point of no-return and that's when we'll learn that they've appreciated our money the past 10-15 years and that we can politely go fuck ourselves.
    You sound like somebody who has been wronged on a personal level. What's going on? Did they not give you something you expected out of them? I'd just like to get to the nitty gritty of this hostility.

Op you obviously didn't read the full response. Seems like a bitch fit to start a flame forum war player vs blizz again.

I always wonder where people get that Blizz has horrible customer support. I have been playing for several years now, and I've opened my own share of tickets. And each and every time, the representative was very nice and helpful. I think people can be unreasonable and ask for the moon, yet cry and yell when they don't get the moon. Sometimes things can't be solved, and Blizzard is usually pretty clear about certain issues that don't have solutions.

After working customer service for so long in call centers and such, I have such respect and sympathy for Blizz and what they must encounter from a population of whiny teenagers along with whiny adults. (In generalizations of course)

You can't prove that any of the tickets was low or 0 priority.

You don't know what was on each ticket.

Blizzard doing this is a dick move plain and simple stop defending them. The ticket system is put there for a reason and blizzard just spitted all over that reason and the system itself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD