Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    This means that Auchindoun has 58 760 alli and 16 416 horde
    This also means that Jaedenar has 25 093 horde and 3211 alli

If we add it up it''ll be around 41k horde and 62k alli.
    That... literally disproves the assertion that the realm is going to be dead. Its bigger and more balanced.

Unless... you meant to say you LIKED it being small and incredibly one-sided. Then, yes, that ideal is going to be dead.
    ( ; , , ; )

I didn't realize you were talking about EU realms, so disregard my above post about populations:

Looking at WoWProgress's EU data, I see the following numbers:

EU-Auchindoun
    218 Horde to 3435 Alliance

EU-Jaedenar
    461 Horde to 2 Alliance

Combined total:

679 Horde to 3437 Alliance.

That's certainly not what you're used to, and is actually worse than the numbers shown by warcraftrealms, leaving you with a 1:5 Horde to Alliance ratio.

However. The Alliance on your server are going to benefit massively from this change, and the Horde raiding populations on both servers are also going to benefit.
    If your concern is PvP, and that you'll now be outnumbered... well, as someone who's been part of the outnumbered faction on PvP servers for 8 years, you're the one who chose a PvP realm. If you don't want to feel threatened or in danger out in the world, you may want to consider moving to or rerolling on a PvE realm.

These numbers should be slightly more accurate that warcraftrealms, but any time the players try to look at populations, please remember that we do not typically have accurate data.

This is a good commentary on some of the issues with WoW Progress's numbers and how they work:

Recently Blizzard CM Drazta mentioned (in Spanish) that WoWProgress Population data is "incredibly inaccurate".
    I would like to comment and provide more info about how we calculate WoW population.

Players asked question about population of RP realm Los Errantes (according to our data this realm has only about 1000 PvE players).
    Drazta's answer was: "This is a lie, Los Errantes has more population than any PvP realm".

This is our definition of Population:

Population - amount of unique players that meet any of the two conditions:
    - has a level 90 character that killed something in Tier 16 Normal
    - has a level 90 character in a guild that killed something in Tier 16 Normal

So basically we count all high level members of guilds that killed at least one boss in Tier 16 content.

It's reasonable that there are about 1000 players on the realm that has only 22 guilds in Tier 16 rankings, averaging 45 unique players per guild.

Now you can say that there are much more players, because not everyone likes raiding and many raiders only do LFR and Flex difficulty.

Yes, this is true, especially for RP realms such as Los Errantes. On RP realms there are more players that interested in Role Playing rather than organized raiding.

Now imagine you are a player that interested in PvE Progression and you're given data about full WoW population (we don't have such data, but imagine Blizzard gave it to you).

There you see that Los Errantes is high populated realm, you transfer there looking for PvE guild. And you find that there is only 1 guild that killed Garrosh Normal!

Now that would be incredible misleading!

WoWProgress is a website that's focused on PvE Progression and we provide you data that is relevant for PvE players.
    So, the WoWProgress numbers I provided are very likely to be an accurate measure of the raiding population, but not necessarily reflective of the total population.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-01-23 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    So, the WoWProgress numbers I provided are very likely to be an accurate measure of the raiding population, but not necessarily reflective of the total population.
    Just look at Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    He's EU, not US.
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah. The point remains the same. There is also the fact Blizzard isn't even done with connecting realms yet so throwing a hissy fit over ONE connection when some realms have had as many as 6 other realms connected to them is fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    You know, maybe it's just me, but connected realms should really have heralded the end of this CRZ nonsense.

I'm legitimately surprised it hasn't.
    Empty zones are an issue regardless of the population of realms. Cross realm zones addresses empty zones and that was it's only intent from the get go. Connected realms address realm population issues. This kind of nonsense really needs to get an infraction at this point because this isn't ignorance it is out and out blatant and purposeful misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh poor you. Your faction will not out number the other one. You might be able to put up a fight now.
    Aye mate

Aaand the OP's never comin back

I never really cared about all this connected realm shit until it happened to one of the servers I play on.

I have some alts on a backwater little server. No raid progression to speak of there, mostly just people toodling along doing other things unrelated to raiding. But after connected realm hit, the worst possible thing ever changed.

And it wasn't what I imagined. I thought i'd gone over ever conceivable problem for connecting the realms, but I was wrong. The worst and most heinous thing they did was change my lil server's realm time to the realm time of the one they hooked it to. Changing it from East Coast to West Coast.

All the servers i've ever played on had been east coast server times for my convenience as well as keeping it all consistent across the board. Now one of them with a ton of alts is stuck in west coast land where everything scheduled to server time is now hours behind what it should be. It is the most irritating shit ever.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Relying on a 3rd party website to support your argument rather than thinking that blizzard have some information or figures they don't.

Blizzard are trying their best to resolve issues the community caused.
    What causes a once well populated realm to decline ?
    The community.

Blizzard never killed any realm, the players did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Excluding Pandaria.
    Yes true.

You know, maybe it's just me, but connected realms should really have heralded the end of this CRZ nonsense.

Then you completely misunderstand what CR is. Connected realms are the other half of CRZ. CRZ connects you to other realms out in the world, CR connects you in the places CRZ doesn't (cities, AHs and current content non-CRZ areas).

CR makes no sense without CRZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Then you completely misunderstand what CR is. Connected realms are the other half of CRZ. CRZ connects you to other realms out in the world, CR connects you in the places CRZ doesn't (cities, AHs and current content non-CRZ areas).

CR makes no sense without CRZ.
    You are kind of right. Connected Realms (CR) takes the list of realms and combine them as if they are on one realm. You will see these people everywhere from your cities, to your AH Listings, Pandaria, Outlands, Azeroth etc. Basically it is as if they were on your realm to start with.

What Cross Realm Zones (CRZ) does is looks at zones that aren't cities and says "Does the population here = other realms?" If yes then nothing happens and it's just you and your CR mates. If no then it takes your CR mates and adds additional realms to it (now additional CR's if that is all that is left).

So basically CR takes precedence over CRZ regardless and even if you are CRZ'ed you'll steal see your CR'ed people. The way I read your post was that CR only works in cities, AH's and non-CRZ areas.

I'd wager you should wait until the connection happens to diagnose how bad it is...

My guess is that it will get better. More players = more guilds = more good guilds/progress = even more players = bigger community and more fun.

Deleted
    not sure what your issue is there, you realm isn't balanced now, and it will be more balanced after the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    All the servers i've ever played on had been east coast server times for my convenience as well as keeping it all consistent across the board. Now one of them with a ton of alts is stuck in west coast land where everything scheduled to server time is now hours behind what it should be. It is the most irritating shit ever.
    I thought they changed it a while back to make every scheduled event (like resets and whatnot) happen at the same time regardless of server time. AFAIK, it all goes off of Pacific Time anyway for the US realms. So the only thing that server time controls is the clock on the UI which can be easily changed.

Are things that they didn't change?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

15+ Year Old Account
    So come to Mal'ganis and play Alliance, we'll treat u just right! http://wow.realmpop.com/us-malganis.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    it won't be balanced at all
    Certainly more balanced than 88.7% horde and 11% alli.

Yeah, CRZ and Connected Realms are both solutions to the same issue, and there really isn't enough room in this town for the both of them. In my opinion they should do away from CRZ since with connected realms there shouldn't be so much of a low level population issue. Something something immersion community building something something
    You just lost The Game

probably because you dont know what the hell crz was for in the first place.

crz and connected realms are separate solutions for completely separate problems
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You are kind of right. Connected Realms (CR) takes the list of realms and combine them as if they are on one realm. You will see these people everywhere from your cities, to your AH Listings, Pandaria, Outlands, Azeroth etc. Basically it is as if they were on your realm to start with.

What Cross Realm Zones (CRZ) does is looks at zones that aren't cities and says "Does the population here = other realms?" If yes then nothing happens and it's just you and your CR mates. If no then it takes your CR mates and adds additional realms to it (now additional CR's if that is all that is left).

So basically CR takes precedence over CRZ regardless and even if you are CRZ'ed you'll steal see your CR'ed people. The way I read your post was that CR only works in cities, AH's and non-CRZ areas.
    True, but unless your home realm is full (in which case you wouldn't be getting CR) it makes little difference. Except you're more likely to encounter people from the connected realms than random other ones when you CRZ.

I just meant, those are the only places where any noticeable difference is felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What the hell, most realms would kill to linked like this. An almost perfect 1:1 faction balance? Are you insane?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    This thread sums up player mentality so well.

They dont wan the game to be balanced. They want to be overpowered. Or to outnumber.

To a player balanced means "me winning" because ya know....you couldnt possibly be losing because you suck.