Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The issue is they are upset that they arent going to be able to enjoy the ganking unpunished that is the result of 8-1 faction unbalance currently in place. with the merger they will end up on the short side of the stick of an almost balanced new server and as a result of that they will get to eat some of the ganking they have done for years.

That my friends is the whole reason behind the so called outrage on Jaedenar.

Top tip: If you don't like PvP, stop rolling on PvP realms.

90% of one faction is a broken realm, no matter how many people are on it. Don't complain when Blizzard fixes the problem.

Balanced realms actually have less world pvp, from what I've experienced. If it's lopsided, people from the underdogs have this frickin chip on their shoulder and try to kill everyone they see.

But anyway, won't it be great to have more players to build your guilds with? Who cares about the balancing, you get a deeper talent pool!

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I assume he still wants to be the dominate faction
    ^This.

OP is probably just upset because he enjoys "world PVP", where his faction always outnumbers the enemy by ~5:1

And a 1:1.5 faction ratio is really good. Most realms are no where near that, or if they are have ~5k total players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi View Post
    This thread sums up player mentality so well.

They dont wan the game to be balanced. They want to be overpowered. Or to outnumber.

To a player balanced means "me winning" because ya know....you couldnt possibly be losing because you suck.
    This is 100% correct. Still if enough 'pvp is fine as long as it's five of us vs one of them' people like him are out there, these realm connections might have a backlash after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    it won't be balanced at all
    This is quite possibly the biggest piece of comedy gold on this forum.

It perfectly showcases the problem with the WoW community, in that it wants something that it doesn't understand. I think another poster hit the nail right on the head, when people cry for "balance" they really mean "me winning".

So what? You'll adapt.

They connected Blood Furnace US which had 3K Alliance 16K horde total population with Mannoroth US which had 46K Alliance 28K Horde. Then they added Nazjatar US which had 6K Alliance 12K Horde total population to the two realms.

http://wow.realmpop.com/us-mannoroth.html

Now Mannoroth/Blood Furnace/Nazjatar has 56K Alliance and 41K Horde.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/mannoroth
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/blood-furnace
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/nazjatar

It was a culture shock for Blood Furnace and Nazjatar but they got on with their lives.

This is the most disappointing thread I've seen in a long time. You don't want Blizzard to fix a server because that means the alliance minority you've abused, subjugated, and dominated for years will finally get to play a fair game again? And by improving the competitive nature on this server, Blizzard is killing it?

I'd /facepalm, but the force required to purge myself of the unfathomable contempt I have for players like this would almost certainly lead to concussion, coma or death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Then you completely misunderstand what CR is.
    Oh, that's undeniably possible.

My problem with CRZ's from the get-go was purely that they didn't solve anything. The problem was never people in a levelling zone, it was broken economies and busted recruitment pools from which to draw and CRZ's did nothing about those snags. Therefore, my view was that if the connected realms did their job properly and rebuilt "server" communities to a good state then CRZ's would essentially be made redundant.

I believed (possibly incorrectly) that connected realms was an evolutionary step up the CRZ ladder, if you catch my meaning; not something that works alongside it. Personally, I reckon that after WoD they should really be looking at merging connected realms properly and closing servers (assuming the playing population doesn't grow)... But that's a ways down the road.

Like I said, though, it's easily possible that I've misunderstood what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    This is quite possibly the biggest piece of comedy gold on this forum.

It perfectly showcases the problem with the WoW community, in that it wants something that it doesn't understand. I think another poster hit the nail right on the head, when people cry for "balance" they really mean "me winning".
    Quoted for epic truth.

Deleted
    What Blizzard should have done years ago and surprisingly to this date still have not, is to have dynamic limits on horde/alliance. ie one side is *full* so you cannot enter it. Once the two factions approach each other in numbers again (not 50/50) then it would allow in a few from other faction and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Years ago jaedenar was a quite popular realm but if you go there today you'd never think that as the realm is dead now.

Blizzard came with a solution : connected realms! This "solution" will be our downfall.
    Blizzard wants to connect Jaedenar with Auchindoun.
    Lets take some statistics shall we?

Auchindoun has 77.9% alli and 21.8% horde
    Jaedenar has 88.7% horde and 11% alli

This means that Auchindoun has 58 760 alli and 16 416 horde
    This also means that Jaedenar has 25 093 horde and 3211 alli

If we add it up it''ll be around 41k horde and 62k alli.

The fear has already spread to the official forums as people of jaedenar are scared that our little but loved realm will end.

(Numbers taken from http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html, all numbers are based on lvl 90 characters)
    (Scared people begging not to do this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...878158?page=23 )
    at least you're getting somewhat balanced. Our connected realms are so horde heavy it's digusting.

Nice to hear. I don't play wow atm, and not even sure if I try WOD atm, but since I play on the realm as alliance, this is cool.

Hord side is COMPLETELY dead - Especially after a sertain top top hord guild migrated
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

it won't be balanced at all
    60:40 split is pretty damn good though?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

So lets at least get the numbers right.

realmpop is not accurate because it does not check if the account is actually active or not. Alts will also cause inflation in the numbers. The most accurate numbers you can find on realmpop is for level 90s.

auchindoun 23k players Currently 1:0.18 Ally dominated
    Jaedenar 6.5k players Currently 1:0.07 Horde dominated

After the merge it will be 29.5k players (before all the horde xfer away)
    9.6k horde 20k ally 1:0.48 Still Ally dominated so really nothing really changed on auchindoun they just royally screwed the horde on jaedenar.

Lets look at some REAL data (explained here)

This is unique players who are ACTIVE or at least played since SoO was released

Auchindoun 3673 players 1:0.07 Ally dominated
    Jaedenar 463 players 1:0.004 Horde dominated (Currently 2 unique alliance players have killed Immerseus)
    Raiding players after the merge 4136, 3441 (+2) ally players and 695 (+461) Horde players
    1:0.2 Ally dominated after the merge.

How will this be a PvP balance? On Auchindoun they will still have more then 5 alliance players per horde players not solving any faction issues and We horde players on jaedenar just got dragged into the losing side of the faction imbalance problem on Auchindoun. Who is this connection gonna benefit? The 2 alliance players raiding on jaedenar? It wont help the faction imbalance on Auchindoun and horde on jaedenar is getting screwed into playing 20£ for a server transfer.

(Just btw I am playing in the top raiding guild on Jaedenar horde atm)

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what's the issue. Seems like it's a good change. Op should post more detail on why it's not balanced.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Who is this connection gonna benefit?
    The pool of horde players increases by over 50%, that may help with the raiding scene and economy if you want a sunshine outlook on things?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

How can they kill something that is already dead? And a ROFL at the crying about not being the 8:1 dominant faction anymore... on a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Also, realmpop.com is not terribly accurate. I decided to look into your issue using a slightly more reliable source of numbers to view active population.

If you want a more accurate (but still imperfect) gauge of population numbers, especially if your concern is max level raiding population, you should use WoWProgress's numbers. WoWProgress counts each unique player who has at least one kill in Siege of Orgrimmar, or is a member of a guild with at least one kill in Siege of Orgrimmar.

These numbers are as follows:

((I used the US realms because the OP wasn't specific, so see my post below for the numbers for the EU servers))
    I fail to see how that is more accurate, when Blizzard has said many time that normal raiding has a relatively small player participation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Oh, that's undeniably possible.

My problem with CRZ's from the get-go was purely that they didn't solve anything. The problem was never people in a levelling zone, it was broken economies and busted recruitment pools from which to draw and CRZ's did nothing about those snags. Therefore, my view was that if the connected realms did their job properly and rebuilt "server" communities to a good state then CRZ's would essentially be made redundant.

I believed (possibly incorrectly) that connected realms was an evolutionary step up the CRZ ladder, if you catch my meaning; not something that works alongside it. Personally, I reckon that after WoD they should really be looking at merging connected realms properly and closing servers (assuming the playing population doesn't grow)... But that's a ways down the road.

Like I said, though, it's easily possible that I've misunderstood what they're doing.

Quoted for epic truth.
    CRZs was not intended for anything other than filling up zones so that they looked and felt more populated. The tech responsible for CRZs was the precursor for Crs to work. They are intended to work alongside each other. Even with CRs, some zones may feel empty, that's where CRZs fit in. Until Blizzard takes WoW F2P, we will not see physical server mergers IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    What Blizzard should have done years ago and surprisingly to this date still have not, is to have dynamic limits on horde/alliance. ie one side is *full* so you cannot enter it. Once the two factions approach each other in numbers again (not 50/50) then it would allow in a few from other faction and such.
    I do wish new MMOs have no factions to speak of. Three factions might work out better, but you may run into a situation where you have 2 out weighing the third greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How can they kill something that is already dead? And a ROFL at the crying about not being the 8:1 dominant faction anymore... on a PvP server.
    Yep, they don't seem to care about the lil guys.