10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Idea - Garrisons, feedback.

Greetings everyone.

I am here today cause I wanna talk about an idea I had.

Garrison:

Followers:

Transmog and Gearing.

I propose an idea that we should be able to Transmog our followers and gear them.

Make a small building that allows us for additional transmog storage and the ability to transmog our followers gear.
    With the ability to transmog the gear of our followers I propse following slots to be avaible for transmog:
    Shirt
    Helm
    Chest
    Legs
    Feet
    Belt
    Gloves
    shoulder (and the ability to hide shoulder)
    Main-Hand
    Off-hand

Basicly creating your own little army.
    Tier 2 of the building would be to allow recoloring your existing gear for the followers (not your own)
    Tier 3 recolor your own gear.

And then the ability to gear your followers.

They should have:
    Main-Hand
    Off-hand
    Chest
    Helm
    Pants
    Shoulder
    Gloves

If your followers is not the battle kind of followers if you give them a mining pick they will mine slightly faster. And so on with other professions. Make it so that all professions have some kind of weapon so for scripe you can equip in main hand a quill and in offhand a paper.

The better gear you give them the better they are in the task they have been set to do.

This is just a quick draft that went through my head in my sleep deprived state. What do you guys think?
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Hm.... that would be cool.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would certainly be a cool idea! Had an idea or two of my own that I thought would be cool:

- Turn your garrison and the people within it into a sub faction run by you without imposing on the already existing guild system as well as the lore of the game.
    - Create a tabard that all your followers can be made to wear if you wish them to wear it (would go nicely with the transmog stuff you were suggesting.)
    - Fly the flag of your "sub-faction" within and around the garrison.
    - Give ranks and stuff to the followers you've had the longest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like OP's idea. +1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tephy View Post
    I really like OP's idea. +1
    Thank you ^_^ unbeliavable I can come up with an idea in that state people actually like

Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    Would certainly be a cool idea! Had an idea or two of my own that I thought would be cool:

- Turn your garrison and the people within it into a sub faction run by you without imposing on the already existing guild system as well as the lore of the game.
    - Create a tabard that all your followers can be made to wear if you wish them to wear it (would go nicely with the transmog stuff you were suggesting.)
    I really like this. ^_^
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post

To me that just sounds like a guild for robots. No offense, but I just don't see this happening at all.

As for OP, I like your ideas. Blizz talked about an xmog storage system, and I think putting it into Garrisons will make it much cooler than just having it on a page like the current Mounts/Pets, and future BoA/toys will be.
    Graviity

I would forsee many people farming the drill from SOO, to increase the productivity for their garrison buddies.

That isnt a bad idea actually, add some additional garrison benefits to farming old content, like profession increases.

You're a tad late. Blizz announced gearing followers at BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    I would forsee many people farming the drill from SOO, to increase the productivity for their garrison buddies.

That isnt a bad idea actually, add some additional garrison benefits to farming old content, like profession increases.
    I like.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're a tad late. Blizz announced gearing followers at BlizzCon.
    I saw it but it was not set in stone as far as i remember and my idea went a little bit more in detail regardign etc. plus the usage of profession specific items to increase productivity.