Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    I don't see what's the big deal. If memory serves correctly, isn't there a medical benefit behind being circumcised?
    Not really

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Well in the US, and especially in certain parts being "cut" very much is the status quo and a lot of girls think uncut dicks look weird/disgusting, it's just the way it is. My wife is testament to that, under no uncertain terms she has made mention to me how she thinks they look just awful... Now, as I mentioned to another poster, if I weren't cut, I'm sure she'd love it just the same, but that's the way it is.
    Again for the 900th time. The foreskin is retractable, and when erect and retracted takes up almost 0 real-estate.

There's almost no aesthetic difference between cut and uncut when erect.

The only difference is an uncut guy can't have a semi-circ or residual scarring from the procedure.

So unless the woman in question likes staring at and rating *un-erect johnsons, or has a surgical scar fetish, the aesthetic argument is a crock of shit.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-01-24 at 04:43 PM. Reason: *oops, meant un-erect not uncut

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    They're permanent alterations made to children without consent for cultural or cosmetic reasons.
    Are you fucking serious?

Let me repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    My friend has uncorrected orthodontic problems that have caused him to have severe periodontal disease, a tooth fall out, and jaw pain for his entire adult life.

He just recently got braces to fix the problem.

Orthodontics are usually a medical necessity. What a fucking terrible comparison you just drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Who the fuck are you to come here and tell me we can't judge your backwards desert religion and it's dick cutting?
    well gosh mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    No, it serves an actual purpose. The correction of misaligned teeth. Circumcision, not so much, on top of it being irreversible. There is no advantage to not getting an orthadontia. There are several to having a foreskin. The two aren't comparable.
    Some braces are medical sure but you don't need perfect tweth. Braces are largely cosmetic. They're even marketed that way.

About fucking time.

This barbarism has gone on for too long.

I simply wish the rest of the ''civilised'' world does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Are you fucking serious?

Let me repeat...
    Really? You don't think orthadontia is regularly done for cosmetic reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Wrong. It's been a very effective means of HIV prevention in sub-Saharan Africa. It's promoted by UNAIDS and the WHO, and in America has been shown to be a cost effective HIV prevention measure by the CDCP.
    Or we could, you know, just send them a container full of condoms. Because they are even more effective at preventing the spread of HIV and other STDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Who the fuck are you to come here and tell me we can't judge your backwards desert religion and it's dick cutting?
    Who are you to judge my religion and my culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Really? You don't think orthadontia is regularly done for cosmetic reasons?
    It can be. In children, however, it's usually done to correct actual improper bites.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    It is the norm in the United States, and is generally not related to religion here so you are right that we are rather pro-circumcision. I'm not pro-circumcision, but I'm also not anti-circumcision. I just never realized people cared about foreskin so much.
    It's not the foreskin. It's irreversibly harming a baby permanently for no good reason that's the issue. You could chop off ear lobes or something else equally useless, and people would still be very staunchly against it (and rightfully so).
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurnor View Post
    Who are you to judge it?
    And who are you to judge that its ok to cut up baby's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are we to judge? Rational humans, I think. Do we need to be something more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Again for the 900th time. The foreskin is retractable, and when erect and retracted takes up almost 0 real-estate.

There's almost no aesthetic difference between cut and uncut when erect.

The only difference is an uncut guy can't have a semi-circ or residual scarring from the procedure.

So unless the woman in question likes staring at and rating un-erect johnsons, or has a surgical scar fetish, the aesthetic argument is a crock of shit.
    I know that, she knows that. It doesn't change the fact that we're married and she sees my unerect dick on a daily basis, hence her mentioning she's glad it's cut, because she thinks they look awful when unerect and uncut. I don't know why you're making big deal about this, like people don't know.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Aurnor View Post
    Who are you to judge my religion and my culture?
    Says the guy judging the culture and religion (or lack thereof) of most of Europe.

Amazing all this bird watching yet we can't get a 90% in favor for marriage equality in the US. Bwahahahahaha
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    I don't see what's the big deal. If memory serves correctly, isn't there a medical benefit behind being circumcised?
    Not really completely. Some men do get stricken with chronic balanitis (Male version of a yeast infection) regardless of how clean they try to keep themselves. But other than that I can't think of any medical reason you'd need to have that procedure done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the foreskin/penis aspect is sort of missing the point. The issue is carrying out an operation which has a real risk of heavily impacting someone's quality of life, without medical reason, on someone unable to make an informed decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Or we could, you know, just send them a container full of condoms. Because they are even more effective at preventing the spread of HIV and other STDs.
    You do that. Enforce condom usage in sub-Saharan Africa. It's hard enough to get people to do it in educated nations.

Either way, your argument does not detract from the effective medical benefits of circumcision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    It's not the foreskin. It's irreversibly harming a baby permanently for no good reason that's the issue. You could chop off ear lobes or something else equally useless, and people would still be very staunchly against it (and rightfully so).
    I don't think my life would be any different if I wasn't cut. I think people would definitely notice my missing earlobes though.