Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I shall proceed to offer a drop kick to your post.

You cannot follow the amount of dungeons released as previous blue posts have stated that content is always on the board, you have no idea if more are to come in the patches.

7 dungeons, and I'll break your number and say, Versus 14 dungeons - you cannot compare the start of an expansion with the end of another expansion. For now, I praise the designers that there isn't 14 dungeons in WoD - Thank the lords!

Was hell to find people wanting to do certain of the dungeons in TBC.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Guy about updates player models and cash store mounts: how much development time did they waste on this pointless stuff?
    Guy about instances you'll run once or twice before you out-level them: why are they not spending more development time on this 'totally not' pointless stuff?

I also remember no LFR or Flex for Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, Zul'Aman or Sunwell.
    The community doesn't use 5 mans as gear progression like we use to. So there is no need for 10+ 5 mans
    at the start of an expansion with others released throughout the life the expansion.Would I like a return to
    the days of taking days / weeks of running dungeons gearing up to the point of being able to start raiding?
    I'm not sure honestly.

scenarios /thread

how many did BC have?

inb4 scenarios are worthless because you don't count them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    A good portion of the BC raids/dungeons rehashed the same looks and assets while providing a few different enemies and changing the layout. Karazhan, Black Temple and Zul'Aman are arguably the only unique instances by how they look (in BC).
    You act like not having varied environments was a bad thing in BC. The dungeons that had the same art style were literally in the same exact zone/area. You're not going to have Netherstorm art style in Hellfire or vice versa are you? You're not going to make indoor dungeons suddenly be outside are you? Explain what was so "rehashed" about the dungeons in BC. It was like that in vanilla WoW too. BRD, LBRS, UBRS, BWL, and MC all had relatively same art style. Why? Because they're in the same area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Thing is though, to a point he's quite right. Yes, TBC development was way longer (though... who knows how long they've been working on WoD...?). While, yes, they are adding more content in patches (which is a good way to go) it's still a BIT weak that they can't add a LITTLE more flavour to go with a new expansion.

Totally understand the business case - minimum needed to forgo x% of complaints about it but still... 5 is a pretty small number of 5 mans to ship with.

I'm pretty neutral on the love/hate of Blizz, so there will be plenty of opinions on the matter from those towards either end of the scale but 5... it's a time travel expansion, ideas can't really be too short, pretty much anything COULD fit. 10 seems a much better figure. If the team is so much larger as we are being told then the usual reply of "we don't have resources, we can't hire just anyone" etc don't really wash.
    Easy, killer. Your logic isn't appreciated in these parts! Also, I agree. For a long time they've been saying that their team is larger and better than ever, but we consistently get less engaging content a la timeless isle gear grind vs. heroic dungeon gear grind (as a catch-up mechanic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well BC had Tempest keep alike, Hellfire citadel, serpent shrine caverns and archidoun with only the later not being used for a raid, there are far less unique assets than current content. That being said I feel that it is better to have more palette swap dungeons than to be so severely low on 5 man content (though the probably want to expedite it and encourage questing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    scenarios /thread

how many did BC have?

inb4 scenarios are worthless because you don't count them.

scenarios are worthless because they are awefull. Just awefull. They exist to provide a lame cheap ass excuse to not provide decent 5man content and to appease the cry babies who want to finish an instance in 5minutes.

TBC had about 14. Quantity isnt an issue but considering mop man and scenario content was shit im not going to get all exited

Apart from CMs, who cares about dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    I also remember no LFR or Flex for Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, Zul'Aman or Sunwell.
    The community doesn't use 5 mans as gear progression like we use to. So there is no need for 10+ 5 mans
    at the start of an expansion with others released throughout the life the expansion.Would I like a return to
    the days of taking days / weeks of running dungeons gearing up to the point of being able to start raiding?
    I'm not sure honestly.
    That's what's wrong with WoW nowadays. You don't have to progress through anything during that expansion EXCEPT the current content/tier.

Deleted
    who gives a shit, in wows current state max level 5 man dungeons become irrelevant extremely quickly.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel dirty for even remotely acknowledging any merit to a Jaylock thread, but I do have to say the number of leveling dungeons in both Cata and MoP was a bit underwhelming. Both seemed to have something like 2 at the 80/85 mark, 2 more opened at the 83/87 mark, and then the rest once you hit level cap. Got so sick of seeing the same few over and over.

I think a lot of that feeling could have been alleviated if they also had 'leveling' versions of the Scenarios. Which, considering the whole point of the scenarios was to "tell a story beyond what could be done in a simple quest chain", would make perfect sense to have them while leveling through the relevent zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    who gives a shit, in wows current state max level 5 man dungeons become irrelevant extremely quickly.

because they made them so dumb after so many bads cried during cata at the difficulty. So hard to cc right?

There's always scenario's, they just need to make the rewards more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...
    He's a well known troll on MMO-Champ, just leave him be.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-24 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    yeah but i honestly didn't care about 15 new dungeons. 7-8 is good imo. they should add teh daily dungeon back in though for badges or charms or something without valor, and then you can do another for your daily valor. that way you run 2 per day. all random of course. that'll ensure dungeons continue to see use.

They said also that they learned that we wanted more dungeons during the patches so they'll be adding dungeons throughout the expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    because they made them so dumb after so many bads cried during cata at the difficulty. So hard to cc right?
    im not talking difficulty wise, im talking gear wise. once people start doing normals, or have the ilvl to enter lfr, 5 mans hardly get touched, so no point wasting resources creating loads of them. back in tbc there was a lot because people always needed to do them.

how is op not banned yet? every single one of his posts and topics are nothing but flamebait.

Contribute to the topic
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-24 at 09:38 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    That is what people said of Pandaria... and we got none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    im not talking difficulty wise, im talking gear wise. once people start doing normals, or have the ilvl to enter lfr, 5 mans hardly get touched, so no point wasting resources creating loads of them. back in tbc there was a lot because people always needed to do them.
    thats a design fail on blizzards end though. they shouldnt be just funneling ppl into 3 difficulties of one raid over and over. Challenging 5man content with suitable rewards is always worth doing