Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Are you stupid or just pretending to be? There's SEVEN new dungeons and ONE rehash. And even without any knowledge on those new dungeons they're already far more superior than majority of TBC Dungeons.
    6 new dungeons and 1 rehash. Also, I agree with the thread. I rather have dungeons back to similar hubs and the whole shindig with the actual use of the summoning stone. Makes it more immersive imho.

WoW Community (especially MMO-Champion):

Casual: "Blizzard, please enforce Dungeons! We hate scenarios! I'm unsubbing if we don't get dungeons in Patch 5.2/5.3/5.4!"

*WOD Announced, 7 Dungeons, less than WOTLK/TBC Expansions*

Casual: "7 is fine guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Are you stupid or just pretending to be? There's SEVEN new dungeons and ONE rehash. And even without any knowledge on those new dungeons they're already far more superior than majority of TBC Dungeons.
    How do you know?

MoP managed to only make a few dungeons and they were largely awful. Definitely not anything as memorable or fun as say Shadow Labs or Old Hillsbrad

I must be missing something because I generally have no love for dungeons. I queue up, go in, kill stuff, get gear - do I still need more gear? If so, repeat. If not, rejoice that you can move on.

Very few of these dungeons even have anything interesting about them, the three Dragon Soul instances were the only ones I can remember as being actually engaging. I wouldn't even be able to associate names, pictures, or bosses with more than half the dungeons in BC because they had no purpose that I could tell besides clearing for loot.

And most of them were in the same spots so they all looked the same - Hellfire, Tempest, Terrokar, Steamvault... not really hard to make 15 dungeons when they're clumped up in groups of 3 or 4 and share the same building, with identical appearances and mobs.

So only 7 or 8 in WoD? Math sounds great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post

I wouldn't even be able to associate names, pictures, or bosses with more than half the dungeons in BC because they had no purpose that I could tell besides clearing for loot.
    yeah sorry but you're full of it

each heroic dungeon in BC was the same dungeon you did through the leveling process. if you can't remember bosses in ramparts then wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I must be missing something because I generally have no love for dungeons. I queue up, go in, kill stuff, get gear - do I still need more gear? If so, repeat. If not, rejoice that you can move on.

Very few of these dungeons even have anything interesting about them, the three Dragon Soul instances were the only ones I can remember as being actually engaging. I wouldn't even be able to associate names, pictures, or bosses with more than half the dungeons in BC because they had no purpose that I could tell besides clearing for loot.

And most of them were in the same spots so they all looked the same - Hellfire, Tempest, Terrokar, Steamvault... not really hard to make 15 dungeons when they're clumped up in groups of 3 or 4 and share the same building, with identical appearances and mobs.

So only 7 or 8 in WoD? Math sounds great to me!
    You've just described most PvE encounters in every MMO ever

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe they said they would be adding some later, since the playerbase was a bit upset that there were no added dungeons in MoP. I could be wrong though
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath...
    Why do people get confused by this?

Cata and MoP had just as much leveling as Wrath and TBC, just in half the levels. The levels were twice as 'long'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    Why do people get confused by this?

Cata and MoP had just as much leveling as Wrath and TBC, just in half the levels. The levels were twice as 'long'.
    And yet TBC had twice the amount of dungeons... seems fitting though for Blizzards lack of effort. This is as cookie cutter MMO as you can get with the direction they have been moving with pandaria.

I'd really choose 7 dungeons over 15 dungeons. Some might ask me why and I'll tell you exactly why.

First of all, the 5man dungeon content (for me and for many others) lasts for a few days at most. I plan to farm my pre-raid gear as fast as possible and after that 5mans to me are something I rarely get into. Second reason for choosing only 7 dungeons over 15 has to do with gearing up aswell. If there's a single item in one dungeon you really really want and it doesn't drop from the daily specific queue dungeon, going on a random heroic dungeon queue spree is a lot more enjoyable with just 7 dungeons than 15. Chances of getting into the one you want is higher.

I would also like to believe than focusing on just 7 dungeons allows for better content (as in better 5 mans and better raid dungeons for not having to "waste" time for a shitload of 5man dungeons).

That's just me and my opinion, I kind of see the point why some want a lot of dungeons but unfortunately I can't relate to that preference at all.

And yet TBC had twice the amount of dungeons... seems fitting though for Blizzards lack of effort. This is as cookie cutter MMO as you can get with the direction they have been moving with pandaria.
    TBC was also in development long before WoW was even released. And many of the TBC dungeons reused art assets and mobs; call it what you will, but they can do just as many dungeons now if they were willing to do the same thing (which they evidently aren't).

tbh not many people care for dungeons and the fewer dungeons the faster it is to get the peices you need since they will all be crammed in there also quality over quantity plz

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They compared the difficulty to pre nerf Vortex Pinnacle.
    Vortex Pinnacle was hard?

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    It was terrible for randoms. Most Cata dungeons were.

TBC had a lot less overall content than WoD will have. We needed a lot of dungeons back then, but we don't now. Why don't people understand this?
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    TBC had a lot less overall content than WoD will have. We needed a lot of dungeons back then, but we don't now. Why don't people understand this?
    Because people only like to look at things on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Because it's a Jaylock thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    It was when it first came out. It was promptly nerfed before most people were even ready to attempt it, from groups trying to Wrathroll through dungeon content without CCs.

Deleted
    OP's avatar is quite fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.
    Not to mention that normal and heroic had different loot tables.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    WoW Community (especially MMO-Champion):

Casual: "Blizzard, please enforce Dungeons! We hate scenarios! I'm unsubbing if we don't get dungeons in Patch 5.2/5.3/5.4!"

*WOD Announced, 7 Dungeons, less than WOTLK/TBC Expansions*

Casual: "7 is fine guys"
    You would think people would ask for more and better content instead of collectively making excuses on behalf the developer why just as much, just as bad, less or worse is perfectly fine like some sort of groupie fandom. Especially after Blizzard released no content for months and raised the price of the expansion.