Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If it means better end-game content - I'm fine with it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozniak View Post
    MoP dungeons we're plain and simple.. lol most of them were not even close to shit except Siege of Niuzao temple
    In defense of Blizzard (something I cringe at), I can understand "plain and simple" dungeons now a days. They're trying to #1) give quick content casual players can enjoy and #2) keep the LFG system running smoothly: quicker dungeons keeps the flow moving, avoids having searches for half-done instances.

All of the TBC dungeons were rehases of the same 5 or so dungeons. Wrath was a bit better in terms of that, but not by much. This isn't really all that different and dungeons will likely turn out better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    All of the TBC dungeons were rehases of the same 5 or so dungeons. Wrath was a bit better in terms of that, but not by much. This isn't really all that different and dungeons will likely turn out better.
    You're talking solely about art and ignoring gameplay. Ramps, BF, and Shattered Halls were very different instances to actually run through. To be fair, you seem to be aligned with Blizzard's direction over the last years, where graphic design is far more important than game design. It's just frustrating for those of us who liked WoW for the gameplay, and didn't really care about the graphics as long as they were adequate.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    None of the starting dungeons in BC were "rehashed" from previous content. You can't be sitting here saying that because BC had thematic instances within zones that more than one instance per zone doesn't count. Even with the thematic similarities between instances each instance provided a unique challenge.

8 dungeons is still a lot less than 15. Maybe Blizzard forgot this is a 10-level expansion instead of 5...

- - - Updated - - -

This argument for less dungeons makes sense, good point. I agree this is Blizzard's reasoning. I think the design is still flawed, though. Are we even getting an equal amount of raiding content in WOD as previous expansions? I think it is less. How does less raiding content AND less dungeons fill a content-hole? We'd need more raiding content to make this argument reasonable IMO.
    I had a post a while back, and if you count the world bosses, MoP has more raid bosses than any other expansion. The raids are all high quality too. Every expansion prior to MoP had at least 1 raid that was terrible. MoP may have arguably had one, but ill argue that even it is decent. That raid would be Heart of Fear btw.

People still play WoW? I mean if you're gonna play a classic might as well play something like UO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    You're talking solely about art and ignoring gameplay. Ramps, BF, and Shattered Halls were very different instances to actually run through. To be fair, you seem to be aligned with Blizzard's direction over the last years, where graphic design is far more important than game design. It's just frustrating for those of us who liked WoW for the gameplay, and didn't really care about the graphics as long as they were adequate.
    Though, Had MoP dungeons been tuned higher, they would have had better gameplay than tbc dungeons. Tbc dungeons didn't have many mechanics, but they hit hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Jaylock, All WoW had back than was Dungeons, Raids & PvP.

Current WoW has much more than that, I have already proved to you before MoP has more content than TBC did. So of course their were more dungeons, but with more content means less dungeons.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards current 5man model does not support any continuity with dungeons. Perhaps one thing they could do in WoD to justify more 5mans and to preserve some continuity, giving players incentive to run them aside from the first week is offer a rare chance to receive an epic item.

Have the dungeon drop entry level raid gear (463 equivalent for WoD) but have a chance at a piece of epic loot from each boss or the last boss only (flex or normal equivalent ilvl for WoD).

I don't know about everyone else, but this would provide enough incentive for me to run at least the daily dungeon every day, plus maybe more early on in a tier.

As long as we get more dungeons and they are engaging unlike the piece of shit Blizzard gave us to prop up LFR in a failed attempt to make it a long term grind then I am happy.

We have other forms of content now as well and from a casual player from a time investment stand point it should be fine as along as someone isnt on the no-lifer side of things at which point I expect them to have completed all the content, especially the no-lifer asocial players who dont like working together in group based content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And I remember groups wiping because they didn't do those exact mechanics unless someone there was exceptionally good or over geared.
    While I remember solo queue groups repeatedly failing mechanics at MoP launch and still killing a boss. Unlike WotLK heroics which I saw premade groups wipe due to one person failing a one shot mechanic that yes did exist in WotLK launch heroics at the relevant gear levels. I found a couple of the MoP heroics to be easier than the normal modes I did while leveling.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-24 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    They didn't add any new 5 mans during MoP, so I wouldn't assume anything.

I'd rather have tiered dungeons. A few at launch, then more added in later patches with harder bosses and better loot.

Deleted
    gotta love the "oh they had more developing time than wod", blizzard has doubled if not tripled there development team, what are they all doing?

Deleted
    This thread again? C'mon, it's getting old and WoD is not even in beta. You don't like it? Leave. You do not mind? Stay. Dungeons, funnily enough, are not the focal point of this next expansion. If they add 27 high quality dungeons, and nothing else, I 100% guarantee you, yes you OP, will complain about OMFG LACK OF CONTENT DUNGEONS ARE BORING.

Oh and, while we are at it, blizzard are lazy assholes for rehashing black temple into a city. Blizzard are lazy for rehashing outlands. *sarcasm*
    Last edited by mmoc868970b816; 2014-01-24 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...
    TBC also went out the door with the first two raiding tiers at release, and the third raiding tier within six months afterwards. The raid development team also put out Naxx, the largest raid ever implemented in game, while TBC was in development.
    To be fair, the Starcraft teams got pulled into the mix to get TBC out the door. Then again, WoD is supposed to have the largest team ever working on WoW's development ever so, maybe they should drop half of that team and just pull the Starcraft team in again.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    BC was also built using a lot of stuff meant for Vanilla, since WoW wasn't expected to do so well. Karazhan and Caverns of Time were in the game since launch.

So it's kinda different to compare a game where they just sort of throw everything against the wall and see what sticks, to something that they're actively trying to have more memorable/less grindy dungeons.

BC had a lot of 5 mans, not a lot of GOOD 5 mans.
    I found every one of the BC 5 mans interesting and fun in their own ways. When people claim that the environments are not varied in the wing dungeons, thats complete bullshit.

Different architecture, different lighting, different enemies. Just because the THEME was similar did not mean that it was a rehash of the first dungeon they put in that wing of dungeons.

I go into ramparts and i feel as if i am outside a large fortress, and I am killing bosses and enemies there to protect the fortress entrance. I enter blood furnace and I feel a huge demonic presence. Fel orcs doing twisted things, warlocks summoning demons, fel demons and engineers throwing dynamite at you and dropping bombs. The bosses are way much more varied than ramparts. I go into shattered halls and its a completely different feel from blood furnace and ramparts. It feels more harsh, warriory, rugged, spikey. It feels like the enemies there are brutal warriors. Theres enemies with guns, axes, fire arrows, gauntlet, a huge ogre, fire and brimstone. It feels totally different. Just because the architecture's theme is similar does not mean its a rehash of another dungeon. It is a completely different experience.

Same with the serpent shrine cavern dungeons, same with the tempest keep dungeons. They all look simliar in theme, but they each individually feel distinct, and varied. Same with the Wotlk 5 mans that were added with ICC. Stop playing that bs card of "oh hey BC dungeons were all rehashes because they belonged in the same wing of dungeons"

Dungeons are no longer the only means of progression & enjoyment at level cap, so they are spreading around the love to other areas of gameplay. I personally wish they would have come out with new dungeons during Mists; maybe they will release more midway through Warlords (probably not).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I found every one of the BC 5 mans interesting and fun in their own ways. When people claim that the environments are not varied in the wing dungeons, thats complete bullshit.

Different architecture, different lighting, different enemies. Just because the THEME was similar did not mean that it was a rehash of the first dungeon they put in that wing of dungeons.

I go into ramparts and i feel as if i am outside a large fortress, and I am killing bosses and enemies there to protect the fortress entrance. I enter blood furnace and I feel a huge demonic presence. Fel orcs doing twisted things, warlocks summoning demons, fel demons and engineers throwing dynamite at you and dropping bombs. The bosses are way much more varied than ramparts. I go into shattered halls and its a completely different feel from blood furnace and ramparts. It feels more harsh, warriory, rugged, spikey. It feels like the enemies there are brutal warriors. Theres enemies with guns, axes, fire arrows, gauntlet, a huge ogre, fire and brimstone. It feels totally different. Just because the architecture's theme is similar does not mean its a rehash of another dungeon. It is a completely different experience.

Same with the serpent shrine cavern dungeons, same with the tempest keep dungeons. They all look simliar in theme, but they each individually feel distinct, and varied. Same with the Wotlk 5 mans that were added with ICC. Stop playing that bs card of "oh hey BC dungeons were all rehashes because they belonged in the same wing of dungeons"
    I agree with all of this. BC dungeons were a lot of fun.

It really feels like blizz is trying to phase out dungeons. On Mop launch leveling in dungeons was really only viable 85-87(88 on busy servers). I like leveling 1-80 purely in dungeons to 85 you can still stick with dungeons but it's slower. Once you hit 87 dungeons are extremely slow. Mostly because you are still running the same old 85 dungeons. The dungeon content was just to thin spread out over the levels.

With 10 levels and 8 dungeons (Some of which is gonna be max level only) there wont be a lot of new dungeons to do while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    gotta love the "oh they had more developing time than wod", blizzard has doubled if not tripled there development team, what are they all doing?
    Making content for the in-game real-money store?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)