Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    You asked to do the math.... Here I go....

TBC: Classic + TBC = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)
    ~
    WoD: Classic + TBC + WotLK + Cata + Mists + WoD = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)

Any further questions?
    The amount of content available constantly increases, and grows to a huge pile of content total.
    It's a personal problem if you declare former content as magically non-existent as soon as a new expansion gets released.
    But there are heaps of players who don't discard older content at all, and they have an advantage over you right there.
    The game is what it is with all it's components available, not just those fractions of new content.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You asked to do the math.... Here I go....

TBC: Classic + TBC = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)
    ~
    WoD: Classic + TBC + WotLK + Cata + Mists + WoD = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)

Any further questions?
    The amount of content available constantly increases, and grows to a huge pile of content total.
    It's a personal problem if you declare former content as magically non-existent as soon as a new expansion gets released.
    But there are heaps of players who don't discard older content at all, and they have an advantage over you right there.
    The game is what it is with all it's components available, not just those fractions of new content.
    Your point would be more valid if your gear and level adjusted to the older content like it does in other games. If I go to a rift dungeon my level is decreased to that dungeon level. So ya I'm some games dungeons stay relevant. Wow is not one of those games.

Deleted
    As long as they keep adding dungeons over the course of the expansion i don't mind how many there are at launch.

How many scenarios or challenge modes did BC have?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts? I can't wait for WoD to launch, whether it be with 15 or 8 new dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    No. The difference between Wrath dungeons (at the end, not at launch) and MOP dungeons is that MOP dungeons can (and still frequently do) stop/kill people for not paying attention or knowing how to play. Wrath dungeons, even for newly achieved lvl 80 characters, provided zero threat of failure or challenge at any point.
    I remember plenty of people crying about how difficult Halls of Reflection was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    I also remember no LFR or Flex for Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, Zul'Aman or Sunwell.
    The community doesn't use 5 mans as gear progression like we use to. So there is no need for 10+ 5 mans
    at the start of an expansion with others released throughout the life the expansion.Would I like a return to
    the days of taking days / weeks of running dungeons gearing up to the point of being able to start raiding?
    I'm not sure honestly.
    I would, it makes the content last longer so we arent sitting around bored for 8 months waiting for the next expansion

Deleted
    Nope. TBC had five dungeons with different wings and MGT added on later.
    Last edited by mmocd27b48791b; 2014-01-26 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    You act like not having varied environments was a bad thing in BC. The dungeons that had the same art style were literally in the same exact zone/area. You're not going to have Netherstorm art style in Hellfire or vice versa are you? You're not going to make indoor dungeons suddenly be outside are you? Explain what was so "rehashed" about the dungeons in BC. It was like that in vanilla WoW too. BRD, LBRS, UBRS, BWL, and MC all had relatively same art style. Why? Because they're in the same area.
    Id argue its because they were too lazy (or too cheap to hire as many graphical artists as needed) to make every dungeon with unique art

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    In TBC you didn't have LFR, Flex and Scenarios. Something had to go, and they chose to create less dungeons. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    i have this a millions time already-BC was wow's prime years,it was downhill after that.sure that added some nice things from wrath onwards and the game was still good.but make no mistake,BC was the hay day of wow.all we can hope for now is that wow "gets back" to that style/feel as best it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    No it was there at launch.
    No, it was not. Only Heroic version was present.

I don't know, blizzard just has some really type of special fans who ask for less. I can't think of any other game whos fans defend the company for skimping on content. It is sad.

Oh well, I guess they can't afford to put that much money into the game. It isn't like they have a sub fee, cash shop, micro transactions, and box sales to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    In TBC you didn't have LFR, Flex and Scenarios. Something had to go, and they chose to create less dungeons. /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    How many scenarios or challenge modes did BC have?
    Challenge modes are the same content as dungeons. LFR and Flex are the same content. Both dungeons and raids are made by the same team up until now. Scenarios is the only new feature and is developed by the questing team. What you mentioned are features with only one of them being responsible for a new source of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    No. The difference between Wrath dungeons (at the end, not at launch) and MOP dungeons is that MOP dungeons can (and still frequently do) stop/kill people for not paying attention or knowing how to play. Wrath dungeons, even for newly achieved lvl 80 characters, provided zero threat of failure or challenge at any point.
    There was a few WotLK heroics that even at the end of the expansion could wipe some groups due to knowing how to pull and having what would be an appropriately geared tank at the time. MoP heroics from launch didnt need a tank and in cases was easy with a monk tank and no healer for more DPS including shadowpan monastery. MoP heroics are more like WotLK normals at launch and even then a few normals would push preformed groups shit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Nope. TBC had five dungeons with different wings and MGT added on later.
    I guess I understand now the kind of players Blizzard is talking about who complain when dungeons are not fully unique in art which in turn means the developers have to put in far more resources to make them that the developers didnt find them cost effective.

Personally rehashed zone art is better than no dungeon. Well as long as its not a single room dungeon like ToC.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-26 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Challenge modes are the same content as dungeons. LFR and Flex are the same content. Both dungeons and raids are made by the same team up until now. Scenarios is the only new feature and is developed by the questing team. What you mentioned are features with only one of them being responsible for a new source of content.

There was a few WotLK heroics that even at the end of the expansion could wipe some groups due to knowing how to pull and having what would be an appropriately geared tank at the time. MoP heroics from launch didnt need a tank and in cases was easy with a monk tank and no healer for more DPS including shadowpan monastery. MoP heroics are more like WotLK normals at launch and even then a few normals would push preformed groups shit in.

I guess I understand now the kind of players Blizzard is talking about who complain when dungeons are not fully unique in art which in turn means the developers have to put in far more resources to make them that the developers didnt find them cost effective.

Personally rehashed zone art is better than no dungeon. Well as long as its not a single room dungeon like ToC.
    I agree about BC heroics. SUre, blood furnace, ramparts and shattered halls had a 'similar' feel to be but they didn't feel like rehashed content, and the three had their own flavor. Yes ther was generally a common thread tying them all together but they didn't feel recycled to me. That said, I don't think we need that many five mans at launch anymore with raiding being more accessable but I disagree with the sentiment of 'there were only really five bc dungeons at launch.'

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    LOL at varied environments. The 15 dungeons had like 5 or 6 environments at best. Everything else was rehashed. They said 6 new dungeons and 2 old remade. They also said they will be adding more in the expansion soo. If they only add 2 new ones thats still more dungeons than MoP had.

They are adding 8 dungeons with WoD. 6 new ones and 2 remade ones. Its annoying me that people keep saying random numbers like. only 5 dungeons only 6 dungeons etc. Its 8!!
    Rehashed environments or not, most of the dungeons in TBC were really good in my opinion. They had cool stories to them, the bosses were varied and there was still a good amount stuff that set them apart. There were a few I didn't enjoy at all such as Auchenai Crypts and Steam Vaults (and also Ramps after like 100 runs), but the others were fantastic. I even found running Mechanar once every day to be enjoyable.

I really think that design model worked, having dungeons with 3 or 4 wings.

EDIT: Having said that, I didn't enjoy the MoP dungeons at all. Jade Temple was probably the only one I liked.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-01-26 at 06:55 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

If Blizzard keep losing boatload of subs, they might be wondering that they shoud've made some more 5-mans. Sure it has stuff like scenario's and challenge modes that now come along aswell, but scenario's are way too easy steamroll fests that isn't rewarding and gets old too fast, while challenge modes are just speed runs that doesn't reward that great either. Imo just not worth the time to bother with challenge modes. The actual feel of progression gets killed off when they removed the need to farm gear from 5-mans, they tried to replace it with scenario's and LFR but ultimately they just get borefests because they're way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    Just like with MoP right? They said the reason for fewer launch dungeons was to spread the rest out over the expansion. Blizzard flat out lies... as long as they get your money, they don't give a crap.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Cata dungeons absolutely did have cc before the nerfs. If you didn't you died.
    i didnt say catas instances didnt have...it was dificult and cc thing but...not that much cc as u think there was

What's silly is that the mobs don't pull when you CC mobs near them now...how much more carebear can you get?