Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.4.7 PTR on its way soon

From Wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=227242/p...acter-upgrades

Has Dread Raven and Dread Hatchling - basically confirming these are the CE/Digital Deluxe rewards for Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does it confirm that mount is a CE reward? PTR includes lots of Blizzard Store strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    How does it confirm that mount is a CE reward? PTR includes lots of Blizzard Store strings.
    The fact that there is a matching mount and pet (just like the Imperial Quilen and Quilen Cub for Mists CE & Digital Deluxe versions).

Combined with the boost to 90 functionality = pre-orders for Warlords soon after 5.47 hits live servers.
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-01-24 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Here's the first clue
    New

• Dread Raven: Summons and dismisses an Imperial Quilen. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Here's the first clue
    New

• Dread Raven: Summons and dismisses an Imperial Quilen. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.
    Good eye. Nice find OP.

So what do you think? We're about a month away (or less) from pre-orders? Can't imagine there's much beyond the boost-to-90 stuff to test; maybe some PvP stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    So what do you think? We're about a month away (or less) from pre-orders? Can't imagine there's much beyond the boost-to-90 stuff to test.
    I'm not so sure. I don't think they'll want to have preorders available until they have a date ready. This is probably the last patch before 6.0 (or a 5.9 if they go that route) so they'll want to have it in place for when they turn on preorders.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will also not open up pre-oders without actually haveing Beta, or atleast I doubt it. Very much infact.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They will also not open up pre-oders without actually haveing Beta, or atleast I doubt it. Very much infact.
    There's a growing sense that Beta is going to be a lot sooner than soon(tm). It's feasible it'll have started before 5.4.7 is live.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a growing sense that Beta is going to be a lot sooner than soon(tm). It's feasible it'll have started before 5.4.7 is live.
    Yeah makes sense.

I'm going to guess the pet will look like a cross between the Anzu mount and the Ji-kun hatchling.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Maybe an announcement next week? Or the first week of February?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm going to guess the pet will look like a cross between the Anzu mount and the Ji-kun hatchling.
    Yep. I posted a screenshot here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post24966060

What is this? More Karazhan trolling?
    Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious EditionKarazhan: Adagio of Misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_READY_DESCRIPTION:: Log out to upgrade your character. You can do this at any time.
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_READY:: Your Level 90 Character Upgrade is Ready!
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_POPUP_LATER:: Later
    Seems like prepurchase might be coming really soon.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=109013 Reins of the Dread Raven? Hmmm, now we got a name for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Seems like prepurchase might be coming really soon.
    As I said above, I feel it's more likely that this is the last patch before 5.9/6.0 and they want to get the preorder assets in place. I tend to think preorders won't happen before a release date, and I doubt we'll have a release date until the Beta has been going for a good amount of time.

Deleted
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - |cff00ff00Veteran Bonus:|r |cffffffffLevel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.|r

Interdasting

As I said above, I feel it's more likely that this is the last patch before 5.9/6.0 and they want to get the preorder assets in place. I tend to think preorders won't happen before a release date, and I doubt we'll have a release date until the Beta has been going for a good amount of time.
    Actually, good chance Blizzard does the pre orders once the "buy a 90" tech is stable on a PTR build even without a release date. Giving everyone who preorders the free 90 immediately, which is what the plan is, would actually help a bit for sub retention by giving players a free character to start gear progression on. Many players don't have lots of alts, and some don't have any at all, because of the leveling process, so a free 90 is a big deal during this lull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I can't imagine this PTR will last very long. Less than a month I'd say.

Also, Battle Fatigue and Base Resilience got boosted in the notes. New PvP season once it's live I'm guessing.

WoD pre-sale and the first beta invites will probably hit when this 5.4.7 goes live.

Biggest question here though is what about the introductory experience for freshly boosted 90's? Will that be included in this PTR? That could extend testing time by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Biggest question here though is what about the introductory experience for freshly boosted 90's? Will that be included in this PTR? That could extend testing time by quite a bit.
    I'm thinking this probably won't happen until WoD launch (if at all). The dataminers would have found elements of this system in the build if Blizzard was planning on implementing it now.