Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    ..........I have a feeling this will either push or destroy the crafting kit market.
    If they allow anyone to boost a profession for any character, then I totally agree that the crafting market will be decimated. There is a thriving market for old school mats which in turn keep the cost of mats at reasonable levels. If you take away the market, the mats costs will skyrocket because not everyone can afford or want to purchase a boost. Thus completes the financial circle for Blizzard as it will eventually force all to buy a boost due to either the cost of I game mats or he scarcity of them.

this isn't buy to win, but it's skirting very close to the edge as it's effect will be to force people to feel the need to buy a boost unless they are happy to farm very old content in order to get the required mats

Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    The start of the end of wow. Pay 2 play and pay 2 win.
    and the award for knee-jerk, copy/paste comment that has nothing to do with the subject matter of the update goes to...!

no seriously. Atleast, dont post this crap in updates that have nothing to do with the shop in any manner or form.

- - - Updated - - -

and more importantly, why arent more people talking about that new lemon flower pudding item ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    The most depressing/ useless patch notes ever created :S

Base resilience increased yet it's values have decreased to make it even so in fact there was no point making the initial increase at all.
    Some useless items nobody buys on timeless isle are being made slightly more useful but are still 20-50 ilevels below what people need.
    Av mobs have a fraction more health and do a fraction more damage. Exactly what's needed in a BG..a slight increase to pve 0o

Deleted
    Fun Fact: Blizzard losing average 140k subs/month in these days
    And I think they give a crab about that (Most of the EU realms are dead...).
    SoO raid is just so cheap copy-past from other zones... I made a vote about that, and people say this raid (with the environment) is the worst in WoW. Maybe ToC was like that but there was a whole area for it.
    Raid finder SoO is so badly optimized... almost on all bosses minimum one or two wipe needed to kill...
    I will never understand why they don't give a 553 gear vendor like in ToT with 522ilvl item vendor... The people can get 535-528 ilvl from the island and RF, and they will never see flex or normal because guilds and pugs want 545-550+ ilvl ppl for their raids...
    I played almost 2 months and I reached 536ilvl from 496 ilvl. After that I gave up this because I have no more time to play with the random drop genarator...

Just keep going Blizzard! I hope you will reach 6million subs base in the next quarter, you deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Some useless items nobody buys on timeless isle are being made slightly more useful but are still 20-50 ilevels below what people need.
    They will give us this patch because there was so much crying about the new shop items, so we could feel "their care" with us, the "pay 2 play" players now...
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2014-01-25 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru View Post
    I played almost 2 months and I reached 536ilvl from 496 ilvl. After that I gave up this because I have no more time to play with the random drop genarator...

Just keep going Blizzard! I hope you will reach 6million subs base in the next quarter, you deserve it!
    Just because you are bad at playing the game doesn't mean getting geared quick isn't possible.
    You can get an entire full set of 535 (timeless) gear from farming on Timeless Isle. Then you can fully upgrade all of those 8 ilvls each. At 535 ilvl you can get into most pugged Flex modes and you'd be getting 540 (548 ilvl upgraded) gear. And then on top of all of that, you have 553 crafted epic belt and pants. You can also obtain 553 gloves and legs from the Celestials (522 pvp gear) and 559 Warforged gear from Ordos if you obtained the legendary cloak on any of your characters.

So if it legitimately took you 2 months to get from 496 to 536 ilvl, you either play the game for like 5 hours a week or you sit in the shrine and queue up for LFR expecting the game to hand you everything for sitting on your butt and doing literally nothing but complaining on the forums.

I started gearing one of my alts in the past 2 weeks and pushed into Flex and Normal SoO over the past week and I went from 520s to 549ilvl in about 2 weeks. I'm also halfway to my legendary cloak now on this alt as well. Gearing up right now is EASIER than ever.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by mannenabo View Post
    (if they are) those are the worst CE items I've ever seen, just some random birdy and his offspring

For the first three expansions, we've had nothing but slightly remodeled whelp pets. In Mists of Pandaria, we finally got a mount and a pet. Quilen Cub and Imperial Quilen mount. How can you really say these are the worst CE items? Even if you don't personally like their aesthetic, it's just disingenuous to say that that slightly altered and heavily reused whelp pet we've gotten every expansion before MoP is superior to a flying Raven Lord mount and pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Gearing up right now is EASIER than ever.
    Ohh boy you are lost in the lines:
    I had got only one character with full HOF normal gear at the start.
    2months roughly 9 weeks so lets see:

Celestials: 9 kill: 3 pvp items (useless for me)
    Ordos: 0 kill no back.
    Timeless Isle: around 3000 kills more than 100 rare kill and only 2 burdens one of them from a chest.
    Bonus Coins: 3 RF items what I already got from drop plus one PVP item from celestials....
    Valors: I got only 7500 valors in this time. I used to upgrade items with those, but sometimes I got better from RF so I need to replace some of them and upgrade again those...
    I could buy only one 553 crafted item for 15k gold because my realm is almost dead, my proffesion alchemy and herbalism, nowadays it is not so profitable: 26-36g/flask etc...
    I started to farm gold for the next crafted item but there was no player who sell that one.
    So think again that, kid.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2014-01-25 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    The start of the end of wow. Pay 2 play and pay 2 win.
    The experience potions will most likely be disabled whenever a new expansion comes out. Just like race changing to the new races. Blizzard ain't stupid, they just want moar money.

Well people complain they can't get past 540+ ilvl because they don't have time to raid. So people complain how hard it is to get gear in this game.

But then if Blizzard will hand out easy ilvl 553 items so you can get into pugs easily, there will be another wave of people complaining how easy WoW has become and that there is nothing to strive for.

So it will be endless circle of never-satisfied, unhappy players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't like pvp gear dropping from pve world bosses. But what the hell i'll wear it cause it got more armor than what my lesser alts have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    there will be another wave of people complaining how easy WoW has become and that there is nothing to strive for.
    I don't know anyone who has got 14/14 HC kill in SoO and say: " how easy WoW".
    So don't make falsh statements!
    And I don't see full warforged heroic geared people on wowprogress yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dhru View Post
    I don't know anyone who has got 14/14 HC kill in SoO and say: " how easy WoW".
    So don't make falsh statements!
    And I don't see full warforged heroic geared people on wowprogress yet...
    Then why would you care about Normal SoO gear, if you don't raid. Be happy with Flex system, because it's designed for people who don't have much time.

Deleted
    I'm sure it sucks if you spent countless tries (maybe years when measured in time) to get Anzu, when you could have just been flipping burgers for couple of hours and have it fly too.

15+ Year Old Account
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - Veteran Bonus: Level 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.
    Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Yeah basicly. In all honesty, the proto-drake skeleton would have been better XD
    Well, actually, I humbly disagree -- if an avian were to walk on his wingbones, as protodrakes/firehawks do, I have a feeling it would be very painful for them. Firehawks are sort of special cases since they're, uh, well... Made of... Fire. I think if they had used the standard protodrake skeleton, it would look very uncomfortable/borderline painful for the poor dear. That's just my opinion however!

Anyway, I will throw my entire bank account at Blizz and buy like 50 CE's oh my god I couldn't be happier. I knew it was gonna be CE, and the pet is just to DIE FOR. I'm... I'm so happy ;_; The only teensy complaint I have is that I sort of wish they'd rigged the skyscreamer skeleton so that its head is more upright; like, sort of how the normal Anzu walks? The more I look at it the less I mind it, but I sort of wish he'd tuck his wings in more and lift his head. But the way he is now is perfect for me, so I'm not complaining too much. <3 Thank you, Blizz.

Shame we couldn't have a fun questline for the mount, but something needs to be a CE mount i suppose

Complain away. I'm really looking forward to my CE mount this time. Quilled was ugly, but anzu, such lore, so happy, cute baby, much excited.

So wait.... new pvp season is exact same gear just recolored???? Seriously?! >:[

CHARACTER_UPGRADE_NO_VETERAN_BONUS - No Veteran Bonus
    i think its a bonus for the long-time players. blizzard promised somethink special for us hopefully only for people that are playing since vanille/bc :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But how is it a P2W? How are you better than the others in skill?
    Whatever. I'm done with arguing with people over the exact definition of "P2W".

The point is, it's now a money game. All $15 a month gets you is an opportunity to play as a second class citizen next to the cash shop using aristocrats.