Thread: 6.1 tomorrow?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

6.1 tomorrow?

Hey guys, any indication if 6.1 is going down tomorrow? That's a pretty hefty scheduled maintenance in the queue, past few weeks has just been a server restart...?
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl.. no. not tomorrow. and not this month even.

i say it because there isnt even a release candidate on the PTR. thats a major clue right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're getting ready for the patch we will know for sure when the PTR build is labeled release. That generally means that the Tuesday after the update to release we'll see a patch.

does it matter?

there is no content in the "content patch".

2015/02/09 08:50:00 PM
    @holinka @WarcraftDevs @celestalon [Bug] PTR, works in Arena,at least Skirmish it does.No CD or GCD.(pic) http://t.co/3xs0DQu8X3

Thank you for the report! This is already fixed in the next build for the PTR.
    there's another ptr build coming, so no

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    does it matter?

This is how I sadly feel now...never thought I'd see the day

does it matter?

You're right, so far 6.1 is looking pretty boring imo. Few class changes, selfie cam, more garrison updates and that's it. Pretty disapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    You're right, so far 6.1 is looking pretty boring imo. Few class changes, selfie cam, more garrison updates and that's it. Pretty disapointing.
    content patches are supposed to be times where you're like "ok, I gotta check this new stuff out", patch day is usually exciting.

but in this case? what is there to do at all?

They've been pushing builds fairly quickly, (every couple of days), but there are still a ton of bugs. This patch doesn't have a lot of content, but has a lot of graphic improvements/ changes.

Maybe in a couple weeks they'll release it, but not tomorrow. A month away would not surprise me.

I hope not. There's no content in 6.1 yet. They still need to add and test any content to the PTR build.

Assuming there is going to be any content in 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    They've been pushing builds fairly quickly, (every couple of days), but there are still a ton of bugs. This patch doesn't have a lot of content, but has a lot of graphic improvements/ changes.

Maybe in a couple weeks they'll release it, but not tomorrow. A month away would not surprise me.
    This content patch isnt content. If no one ever told us it was coming we wouldnt know as there will be nothing more to do...
    There's nothing in their builds

Deleted
    does it matter?
    you mean, There is no content that you consider worthy.

Sometimes I wonder if they'd be better off releasing whats done/finished even if its more small patches over times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Content isnt selfies, new missons for followers, class changes and all that crap. Content is: A new set of daily rep quests, a new zone to discover, a new tier, new pvp season, basicly some new shit to do.

selfies are not content.

more garrison crap is not content.

a new zone to play in, new dungeons, that is content.

Haha, thank you for all your colorful opinions, enjoyed reading them. I was asking from raiding standpoint - trying to figure out how fast I need to pug some heroic BrF shit in order to get mythic cache follower missions on patch day...
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Content isnt selfies, new missons for followers, class changes and all that crap. Content is: A new set of daily rep quests, a new zone to discover, a new tier, new pvp season, basicly some new shit to do.

I dunno that stuff plus the heirloom tab sounds like content

Considering the "content patches" we got in MoP and Cataclysm, yes, there is no content worthy. Am I supposed to feel excited about a selfie cam and lvl 4 proffesion buildings ? Wow, I cant wait to try those out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    rofl.. no. not tomorrow. and not this month even.

i say it because there isnt even a release candidate on the PTR. thats a major clue right there.
    Thank you, that is insightful.
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys manage to pick patches apart based on merit of content instead of just enjoying it. We just got Blackrock Foundry ahead of the patch -- what is there to bitch about this time?

Seriously. Stop.