Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Race/Class Combo: Gnome Druid

So, I have an idea for Gnome Druids which would not require any additional resources, and could keep with the Lore. The gnomes, resourceful and inventive, have been studying the night elf druids and trying to replicate the nature based transformation into something more their speed. Technology. In every sense of the word (as far as gameplay is concerned) this character is a druid.

GUARDIAN - Robo Bear Cub

FERAL - Fluxfire Feline

MOONKIN - Moonkin Hatchling

RESTORATION - Ruby Sapling

SWIFT FLIGHT FORM - Rocket Chicken

AQUATIC FORM - Frenzy

The power suit would even have its own acronym: D.R.U.I.D.

Dimensional
    Robotic
    Utility
    Interface
    Device

I know it will never happen... but it is fun to dream.

Updated: To tie in with another Gnome thread.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-03-03 at 09:21 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first, I was not ok with this at all.

But now...

It all makes a lot of sense and I really need to think about some stuff.

Deleted
    Please, no more Gnomes, by Hodir's beard.

No. Goblins are not religious or natural.

Hell, they nuked the last home they had.

They have no ties whatsoever to druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I know you are right, but this is too awesome lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Please make this happen. I would reroll in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I think you meant goblins ;p gnomes could have a small loophole to have some type of druidism in there, but i dont think it'd be enough.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Personally, I've always felt class/race combo restrictions made no sense at all.

What's to stop a human from learning how to be a druid from the night elves? Or who is to say a draenei couldn't decide to be a warlock when they are already closely tied to such things and capable of learning it. They've already eased up some of the more retarded restrictions like human hunters and blood elf warriors, but still.

If an undead can use holy light powers to be a priest, there is no reason they can't do the same to be a paladin. Etc.

Race/class restrictions simply doesn't make sense because even if "gnomes" as a race, on the whole, aren't very in tune with nature or whatever, it's ridiculous to say that a few of them wouldn't want to be or learn how to be when apparently it's so easy for other races. They could even justify it robotical nonsense if need be, but still. It's silly.

Only problem with making druids and shamans of all classes would be the models for the different forms and totems for each race. Blizzard wouldn't reuse models, especially companion pet models with very low poly counts.

Thats how I feel at least.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

i rather have gnome hunters and pallies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Personally, I've always felt class/race combo restrictions made no sense at all.

What's to stop a human from learning how to be a druid from the night elves? Or who is to say a draenei couldn't decide to be a warlock when they are already closely tied to such things and capable of learning it. They've already eased up some of the more retarded restrictions like human hunters and blood elf warriors, but still.

If an undead can use holy light powers to be a priest, there is no reason they can't do the same to be a paladin. Etc.

Race/class restrictions simply doesn't make sense because even if "gnomes" as a race, on the whole, aren't very in tune with nature or whatever, it's ridiculous to say that a few of them wouldn't want to be or learn how to be when apparently it's so easy for other races. They could even justify it robotical nonsense if need be, but still. It's silly.

Only problem with making druids and shamans of all classes would be the models for the different forms and totems for each race. Blizzard wouldn't reuse models, especially companion pet models with very low poly counts.

Thats how I feel at least.
    lore reasons why. people who refuse look them up and understand them should not be playing WoW or any RPG.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Aawww, this made me smile.
    Are you implying that the suit would mimic the druid forms and their different abilities? I mean it doesn't seem very likely that Gnomes would otherwise be droids.. erm druids*.
    I approve.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lore reasons why. people who refuse look them up and understand them should not be playing WoW or any RPG.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I cannot stand the people who insist on screwing over lore for minor, unimportant gameplay reasons. Undead priests only being able to be shadow? that would be kinda bad for gameplay. Undead not being able to be paladins? OH WELL.

It is still an RPG. Lore and whatnot matters and even if you dont care, dont try to stomp on it for those who do.

You can't have it both ways and make sense. Either you follow lore or you don't. When you try to half ass it like having undead priests but not paladins, it's just ridiculous. The lore is trash and has been prettymuch since WOW launched. It has done nothing but screw up the lore for the Warcraft series. So you might as well take the good with the bad instead of just the bad.

But go ahead and defend the nonsense in it's current state while claiming how good WOW's lore is and how it should be upheld. lol

The best stories with the best fantasy races allow for diversity. If every. single. orc. is a blood thirsty monster, they are 1-dimensional characters with no depth. That is how WOW is basically. Forbidding certain races from being certain classes just keeps them all without any semblance of depth. Even if races as a whole have certain tendencies there are still outliers and those who don't conform to the standard. But you can keep your one dimensional lore, I stopped caring about it a looong time ago when it became so dull and boring as if written by a 12 year old that just watched the first lord of the rings and wanted to make a fanfic about it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    I recall it was Deathwing who blasted that volcano with a fireball, causing destruction of the Isle of Kezan.. Could be wrong?

Make every form mechanical, and it doesn't even matter that gnomes aren't "nature-y."

THE POWER OF SCIENCE! That's the explanation for gnome priests anyway- they looked at and are using the Light "scientifically," right?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Make every form mechanical, and it doesn't even matter that gnomes aren't "nature-y."

THE POWER OF SCIENCE! That's the explanation for gnome priests anyway- they looked at and are using the Light "scientifically," right?
    Considering electricity is nature magic in WoW, gnome druids seem to be even less of a stretch since they already scienced the hell out of electricity.

The forms could be less silly but still a cool idea if i could all my toons would be gnomes, i once saw a really nice druid space goat form

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Whilst I actually agree to an extent, saying people who don't care about lore or story, shouldn't play WoW is utterly ridiculous, like completely stupid.

Gameplay > Lore.

That's even Blizzard's approach & philosophy.

I enjoy WoW's story, but I play a GAME for the gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    Aawww, this made me smile.
    Are you implying that the suit would mimic the druid forms and their different abilities? I mean it doesn't seem very likely that Gnomes would otherwise be droids.. erm druids*.
    I approve.^^
    Essentially yes. I would love to see each of the actual druid forms done as a mechanical animal. It would better explain a mechanical suit which could transform into each animal. The spells and all would be Druid spells as far as gameplay was concerned. This would be as much a druid as a Tauren is a Paladin. Again, mostly for fun since Blizz seems to think very little of Gnomes. I mean, Titans made gnomes who then gained a curse of flesh. Technically, that means Gnomes were around even before Trolls

Gnome druids would be very silly, but honestly I think it'd be cool to see what animal forms of every race look like.