Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tyrael's Charger, store mount?

Not sure if every PTR has this as a placeholder mount, but I've never seen this before so I'll assume it's new.

I went on the in-game pet store on the current WoW PTR and found.. this

I'll let the picture speak for itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda annoyed since it was a reward for the Annual Sub. Now anyone can get it? Blargh

Doubtful, seeing as a blue post earlier today said that they only offered it on the store for other regions that didnt have the annual pass option, therefore chances are it wont actually show up on the US/EU servers for sale.

Edit: Blues post about the mount:

The regions are separate ecosystems, and availability of items within one region vs. another aren't usually particularly noteworthy because you're never going to see that player in Taiwan on your server with that rare item you got for logging in during some event, or got through that limited time promotion. We think it kind of sucks that a pet collector in Europe could never hope to get that China-exclusive Golden Pig pet from back in 2007, or that just because you live in a region with a different business model where the Annual Pass didn't make any sense, that you never had a chance to get a Tyrael's Charger. We definitely do not want to undermine the exclusivity of someone's mount or pet between them and their friends, or guild, or server, or region, but we think it makes a lot of sense to have equality of items ... not even their availability necessarily, but just their existing, throughout all regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Kinda annoyed since it was a reward for the Annual Sub. Now anyone can get it? Blargh

I got it too. Personally, I'm not too pissed off. I barely use it. I would like to use it, but it's just so.. out of the WoW universe that it feels wrong riding it. In fact, given that quite a few of the store mounts fit the WoW universe, I guess it fits.

I do understand what you mean, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Doubtful, seeing as a blue post earlier today said that they only offered it on the store for other regions that didnt have the annual pass option, therefore chances are it wont actually show up on the US/EU servers for sale.

You could be right. Might be that they'll consider extending it to other regions, however. I mean.. if players from the EU and US find it too unfair or something, that they can't get it anymore. I dunno? Would Blizzard really object to more money?

Is anyone really surprised? More money for the money god! Praise be to the Blizzard $tore!

It is sold in Asian regions only because they never received the Annual Pass promotion and the mount is, for them, otherwise unobtainable. You're probably seeing it on the PTR store for the same reason we saw the Asian-region only Experience Boost potion.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The regions are separate ecosystems, and availability of items within one region vs. another aren't usually particularly noteworthy because you're never going to see that player in Taiwan on your server with that rare item you got for logging in during some event, or got through that limited time promotion. We think it kind of sucks that a pet collector in Europe could never hope to get that China-exclusive Golden Pig pet from back in 2007, or that just because you live in a region with a different business model where the Annual Pass didn't make any sense, that you never had a chance to get a Tyrael's Charger. We definitely do not want to undermine the exclusivity of someone's mount or pet between them and their friends, or guild, or server, or region, but we think it makes a lot of sense to have equality of items ... not even their availability necessarily, but just their existing, throughout all regions.
    Source

Providing the Charger through the Store for those regions is much the same as providing previously EU-and-US-unobtainable Asian promotion pets through the RaF Reward system, as they started doing a few months ago.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-01-25 at 01:50 AM.

This is actually for Asian WOW only as they didn't have the chance of anticipating in the annual pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It is sold in Asian regions only because they never received the Annual Pass promotion and the mount is, for them, otherwise unobtainable.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Source

We'll have to see how long that holds out, I guess. If enough people ask for it/demand it/request it, I'm sure we'll see them on the EU and US too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    This is actually for Asian WOW only as they didn't have the chance of anticipating in the annual pass.
    And since Asia seems to be bleeding out most of the subs they might have a bigger need to entice players with more rewards. Not that humans worldwide dont like shiny rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    As long as it stays that way. I'm all for people being able to work towards things, which is why I'm not with the hardcore "omg LFR gets tier too?!" crowd but I'm not happy if special rewards for specific things like this are handed out freely.

It is sold in Asian regions only
    Soooo.....why is the Store description for it in the screenshot written in English?

Also when can I have a chance at Gurky on US servers?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    We'll have to see how long that holds out, I guess. If enough people ask for it/demand it/request it, I'm sure we'll see them on the EU and US too.
    I'm in favour of this if it snowballs into me being able to purchase mini-tyrael...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It is sold in Asian regions only because they never received the Annual Pass promotion and the mount is, for them, otherwise unobtainable. You're probably seeing it on the PTR store for the same reason we saw the Asian-region only Experience Boost potion.
    I wonder if they'll make other promotional items that were region-specific available in the store outside those regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I doubt it.
    There's no precedent for that, people were clamouring repeatedly for Blizzard to separate out 10 and 25 again like it is on Asian servers and that was never ported.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I wonder if they'll make other promotional items that were region-specific available in the store outside those regions.
    Most or many of them are available as RaF rewards.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I got it as well with the annual pass, but don't use it as others have stated it looks too out of place in WoW.. The other reason was some of the animations made it look weird..

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I doubt it.
    There's no precedent for that, people were clamouring repeatedly for Blizzard to separate out 10 and 25 again like it is on Asian servers and that was never ported.

You're right. Though, separating 10 and 25 wouldn't necessarily make them extra money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Soooo.....why is the Store description for it in the screenshot written in English?
    I'm guessing everything is done in English and then localized afterwards, it's just a smooth way to do it even if it would look like more work at first glance.

Kind of bummed I never got mine. Thought I had signed up for the Annual Pass but only was set for 6 month renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I got it as well with the annual pass, but don't use it as others have stated it looks too out of place in WoW.. The other reason was some of the animations made it look weird..
    It looks fantastic with the paladin Challenge Mode set :P