10+ Year Old Account

How I Escaped The DPS Gestapo...

...and converted to the light.

One man's journey to flee Recount rage forever. Check it out here:
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-25 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post

So, wait... This guy rerolled because he was sick of being called bad? Wouldn't it just be easier to stop being bad?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-25 at 05:09 AM.

This is a story about experiences from Cataclysm and it got tweeted now? Or is he a timewalker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This is a story about experiences from Cataclysm and it got tweeted now? Or is he a timewalker...
    I stopped playing WoW when Mists dropped, but I just felt like writing about it tonight for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    So, wait... This guy rerolled because he was sick of being called bad? Wouldn't it just be easier to stop being bad?

reading the quotes i dont think that player has much hope of getting better lol

I stopped playing WoW when Mists dropped, but I just felt like writing about it tonight for some reason.
    If it comes as any form of consolation, DPS are no longer the sole recipients of flaming now. Tanks get a disproportionate amount as well. As the most common group-finder content is LFR (or at least the one that causes the most comment is LFR); and in LFR there just isn't very much damage; healers are still pretty free to do as they please provided one of the 6 has half a clue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If it comes as any form of consolation, DPS are no longer the sole recipients of flaming now. Tanks get a disproportionate amount as well. As the most common group-finder content is LFR (or at least the one that causes the most comment is LFR); and in LFR there just isn't very much damage; healers are still pretty free to do as they please provided one of the 6 has half a clue...
    Well I deserved all the flaming I got as a DPS, I was pretty bad. I was a great healer though I think I just had to find my niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read your post about healing. I retract my statements.

I think people that are sick of getting pointed out for their dps, should start keybinding, I've leveled about 4 different classes in MoP solely and ended up doing more dps that your average shield slamming prot warr in leveling instances, solely by knowing what to press in any given situation, just my 2 cents on how to deal with these kind of issues when you get called out for dumb shit like that

DPS is stupid easy, I never really got on bad dps in lfg because I quite honestly enjoyed doing more than the rest of the group combined most of the time.

The best is going in with a good healer and tanking as dps and destroying everybody :P

I'm so tired of reading these posts etc about people who clearly are well below average crying like the world is out to get them when the reality is that people don't enjoy their time being wasted even on a game. Yeah lfg/pugs etc can be harsh, that's how people are. I personally don't freak out and rage but some people do. 9 times out of 10 you're wasting their time if this happens to you constantly. Could people have more tact? Yeah. Will they always? Nope.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-01-25 at 04:43 AM.

OP I dont see anything wrong with the 1st, 3rd and 4th quotes you had. You did bad and thats a problem, the other 2 had unnessecary side comments that bore no connection to the game, but why shouldnt you be called out for underpreforming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    I think people that are sick of getting pointed out for their dps, should start keybinding, I've leveled about 4 different classes in MoP solely and ended up doing more dps that your average shield slamming prot warr in leveling instances, solely by knowing what to press in any given situation, just my 2 cents on how to deal with these kind of issues when you get called out for dumb shit like that
    It has nothing to do with keybinding when they dont know their class in the first place. Stacking stamina as a dps or not knowing your rotation, keybinding wont help.

Some suggestions of a better title. "Confessions of a casual". "A day in the life of a scrub". "Dear diary, WAH".

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-25 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    OP I dont see anything wrong with the 1st, 3rd and 4th quotes you had. You did bad and thats a problem, the other 2 had unnessecary side comments that bore no connection to the game, but why shouldnt you be called out for underpreforming?

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with keybinding when they dont know their class in the first place. Stacking stamina as a dps or not knowing your rotation, keybinding wont help.
    I don't think people that actually keybind are that clueless of how this game works, I think most people learn the basics of this game, and 1) stay a scrub, 2) care enough to pull your own weight, so that you l2p, keybind and research your class on the thousands of different sites on the interwebs

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    I don't think people that actually keybind are that clueless of how this game works, I think most people learn the basics of this game, and 1) stay a scrub, 2) care enough to pull your own weight, so that you l2p, keybind and research your class on the thousands of different sites on the interwebs
    But opening the keybinding menu and having some stuff on F1-F4 instead of 5-9 won't help at all if you are terrible at your class.

Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    Some suggestions of a better title. "Confessions of a casual". "A day in the life of a scrub". "Dear diary, WAH".

You're welcome.
    Link your armory before you make such claims, scrub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't plug your blog in threads here. Advertising isn't permitted.