Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy What on earth happened to Saurfang?

Is he dead? wtf is going on.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is alive at the end of SoO, after having killed a large number of mantid, but quite beat up. So yea, hes alive, and we will probably see more of him later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict he's death in Warlords, and him getting buried on draenor.
    No way that he will just sit idle on Azeroth, that's for sure.

Sounds like he'll be prominent in WoD by the looks of it.

If i remember correctly blizzard said he's getting really old. They probably plan to kill him off imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last thing we know is him walking off slowly to the elevator in SoO; he is badly injured but still lives.

He is too badass to die.

Yeah, I think Blizzard was answering the question on everyone's mind when they had him say "But I will live" at the end of his spiel when you meet him in SoO.

He'll probably be fairly prominent in WoD.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Please kill Garrosh. Please kill Garrosh before you go Saurfang!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Saurfang is most likely the greatest general that the orcs have ever had...So clearly he should die off camra

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    The last thing we know is him walking off slowly to the elevator in SoO; he is badly injured but still lives.

He is too badass to die.
    He doesn't go to the elevator, but rather takes a sit by a fire with other members of the rebellion in the room beneath malkoroks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    He doesn't go to the elevator, but rather takes a sit by a fire with other members of the rebellion in the room beneath malkoroks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post

He is too badass to die.
    Is this seen only if you're Horde? I know we see Eltrigg before the Dark Shamans encounter but I've never noticed Saurfang in SoO beyond the Vision of Time quests that I haven't been arsed to finish because I hate farming 50 epoch stones.

Edit: But yeah, I'm disappointed that he didn't make it to Garrosh at least. Would have been a way to avoid more Thrall screentime despite Thrall probably having the better reason of the two for wanting Garrosh dead.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-01-25 at 08:31 AM.

elevator boss got him then?

He should be put on trial for his war crimes against the Draenei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Let's hope not, if any character deserves an epic raid death to save us and all of Azeroth it's Saurfang.
    What's to say that his epic death isn't as we cross over for the first time to quell the invasion pouring out of the Dark Portal. Blizzard said themselves that it willl be a suicide mission, sounds like something Saurfang would be chomping at the bit to be a part of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Is this seen only if you're Horde? I know we see Eltrigg before the Dark Shamans encounter but I've never noticed Saurfang in SoO beyond the Vision of Time quests that I haven't been arsed to finish because I hate farming 50 epoch stones.

Edit: But yeah, I'm disappointed that he didn't make it to Garrosh at least. Would have been a way to avoid more Thrall screentime despite Thrall probably having the better reason of the two for wanting Garrosh dead.

skip to 1:36; yes it is horde-only

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

Doesn't the alliance have trash before they enter the Paragons room? For the horde Saurfang has killed all of that for us just like your Gnome guy kills a bunch of trash for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Yeah, no. This will never happen. Saurfang may have taken part in the massacres when he was under the influence of the demonic blood(even though the near extermination of the Draenei was a glorious affair), however he is one of the few orcs who is genuinely repentant for his actions. He has also proved time and time again that he will work for the greater good of Azeroth - not just for the Horde. Also - before you site the gunship encounter in ICC as proof that he hates the Alliance, he was trying to find his son who was taken by the Lich King and didn't want the Alliance preventing that.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Deleted
    Well, from my understanding, he survive? Not played the Horde side, just seen when my brother did and well, seems like that tough old man isn't going down fully yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Or they could flip the Alliance trope and have Saurfang go neutral at some point.
    The shit-storm that would come if he went neutral... xD

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Yeah, no. This will never happen. Saurfang may have taken part in the massacres when he was under the influence of the demonic blood(even though the near extermination of the Draenei was a glorious affair), however he is one of the few orcs who is genuinely repentant for his actions. He has also proved time and time again that he will work for the greater good of Azeroth - not just for the Horde. Also - before you site the gunship encounter in ICC as proof that he hates the Alliance, he was trying to find his son who was taken by the Lich King and didn't want the Alliance preventing that.
    If a druggy go on a killing spree while influence of drugs, does he or the drug get put on trail? Just a thought.

Then he didn't do it for the greater good of Azeroth or Horde, just for his own personal goal imo. (Even if he have done other great things ofc)
    Last edited by mmoc2affe961ff; 2014-01-25 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    While I doubt the Draenei love him for his actions I don't think they actively seek vengeance against him considering how he's attempted to atone for his crimes since the Blood Curse was lifted. Him, Thrall and Eltrigg are probably the most decent Orcs left alive by the end of the events in SoO.