Guild Competition

This idea has probably been posted before, if it has, my apologies.

So a lot of people are interested in race to #1 world kill. Which is cool, but what about later in the raids life cycle? Or for lower down guilds.

How about guild competition. Raid Leaders and Guild Leaders can challenge other RL/GL on certain aspects of a raid. Doesn't have to be limited to 2, you could have a pool of 3, 4 maybe 10 raids. A few ideas off the top of my head:

- Quickest to kill a boss.
    - Most bosses killed in a single sitting.
    - Least deaths.
    - Highest overall DPS.

You get the picture.

So why do it? Bit of healthy competition with something more than bragging rights and extra reward, of course! I've had a couple ideas for this too.

Wagers - Money from your guild bank, so you put 10000g on the table, as does the other guild, winner takes all, with a 50% winners bonus, you wager 10000, you could win 25000g.

Gear - everyone gets tokens for a bonus roll their next run.

Buff - for 24h you have a buff that increases say, your reputation, gold, experience and honor gain by 20%, account wide, persists through death. Comes in the form of a pot.

GL/RL gets to chose.

Problems I personally see with it (Yes I know, I'm critisising my own idea)

- ANOTHER menu
    - Probably quite difficult, technically, to integrate
    - Could be subject to abuse and farming. Ie ( I let you win today/this week - you let me win tomorrow, everyone is happy) [this could be countered in the form of league table, or rank, similar to arena?]

Just a small idea, wondered what you guys thought.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    that sadly wuld not go so well

becouse i can easely see people exploit/bug/whatever just to win, and that wuld end bad fast imo

otherwise, the idea behind competitions, its nice, i'd like to try some out of it tho

10+ Year Old Account
    They could do a "saturday night bingo" competition like speed runners do with games. That would be interesting to watch.

Could be interesting. Probably would be a once every other week thing, but I'd pay to watch it be streamed with commentary from the hosts.

Deleted
    I would love such competitions, but I don't think you should get anything for beating another guild.

Also it would be awesome to have a leaderboard for the fastest boss kills on your realm

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

So a lot of people are interested in race to #1 world kill. Which is cool, but what about later in the raids life cycle? Or for lower down guilds.

How about guild competition. Raid Leaders and Guild Leaders can challenge other RL/GL on certain aspects of a raid. Doesn't have to be limited to 2, you could have a pool of 3, 4 maybe 10 raids. A few ideas off the top of my head:

- Least deaths.
    - Highest overall DPS.

You get the picture.

So why do it? Bit of healthy competition with something more than bragging rights and extra reward, of course! I've had a couple ideas for this too.

Wagers - Money from your guild bank, so you put 10000g on the table, as does the other guild, winner takes all, with a 50% winners bonus, you wager 10000, you could win 25000g.

Gear - everyone gets tokens for a bonus roll their next run.

Buff - for 24h you have a buff that increases say, your reputation, gold, experience and honor gain by 20%, account wide, persists through death. Comes in the form of a pot.

GL/RL gets to chose.

Problems I personally see with it (Yes I know, I'm critisising my own idea)

- ANOTHER menu
    - Probably quite difficult, technically, to integrate
    - Could be subject to abuse and farming. Ie ( I let you win today/this week - you let me win tomorrow, everyone is happy) [this could be countered in the form of league table, or rank, similar to arena?]

Just a small idea, wondered what you guys thought.
    any guild calling itself a "progression" guild already does this in an unofficial capacity just without the gold and or in game perks.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    any guild calling itself a "progression" guild already does this in an unofficial capacity just without the gold and or in game perks.
    for some people unofficial isnt enough.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

- Least deaths.
    - Highest overall DPS.
    You should find warcraftlogs.com interesting, then: they measure "feats of strength", and various metrics, in their fight rankings that match what you are talking about here, and step beyond it. In other words: they introduced exactly what you are talking about.