Deleted

Dampening in arena after 5 minutes in next patch

So who will benefit from this change? combined with resil/battle fatigue changes.

I think warriors will benefit, they already have 25% MS, stack it with Dampening and it will be too much to out heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever has the most powerful 5 min CDs will benefit from it. So, shamans really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What is Dampening? I haven't done Arena since S9.
    Reduces X% of healing done. I think it was 3% per stack, and 1 stack per minute after it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What is Dampening? I haven't done Arena since S9.
    It reduces the effectivity of healing gradually during the fight.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    10%. And the bonuses aren't additive, they're multiplicative.

There's no comp that'll benefit more from this other than maybe a comp with 2 healers vs a comp with 0 healers. A comp with 0 healers will have very, very low healing after a while and one of them will eventually be brought down, where the comp with 2 healers will still have enough juice to save their teammates still.

You'd think that the comps with a lot of healing would be hit worse, but the comps with low healing will be affected just as much since they will have to put so much more effort into getting a small healing increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    There's no comp that'll benefit more from this other than maybe a comp with 2 healers vs a comp with 0 healers.
    It benefits comps with huge sustain a lot more than comps that rely on burst. Maybe this patch it hasn't been that noticeable, but in combination with the battle fatigue increase, I'm willing to bet there'll be much more complaining next patch as warriors, dk's and hunters will be putting out unhealable damage after just 5 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    It benefits comps with huge sustain a lot more than comps that rely on burst. Maybe this patch it hasn't been that noticeable, but in combination with the battle fatigue increase, I'm willing to bet there'll be much more complaining next patch as warriors, dk's and hunters will be putting out unhealable damage after just 5 minutes.
    They have to go more defensive aswell when they recieve less healing. Them getting bursted down means it'll take longer for them to recover, allowing even the burst comps to continue and bring a bit more sustained damage.

Either way, burst comps often decide the game before 5mins is over anyways, that's what they're made for.

as a ww it feels like it takes me almost 5 min to get full stacks depending on comp lol

Deleted
    I have a few interesting ideas, since 5 mins is not that long the following may get even stronger

Double Blood Dk
    Double resto druid (Wait until you get enough stacks, both pop heart of the wild and unload dmg.)
    Mage + healer (cc as much as you can)

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Whoever has the most powerful 5 min CDs will benefit from it. So, shamans really.
    or stampede
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    or stampede
    Im not too fearful of Stampede, most of the classes I play escape its damage. Eg Druid mass roots, Frost Nova, Blinding Light etc. You just have to know how to negate its damage when the time comes.

Ret paladins will be interesting, during wings they unload lots of damage with hammer of wrath being spamable for the duration.
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-01-25 at 09:39 PM.

People negate stampede damage? I didn't realize it even did enough to players to matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    People negate stampede damage? I didn't realize it even did enough to players to matter.
    Well it was nerfed, but still nothing to be laughed at. Generally wouldn't you do what you can to avoid damage where feasible?
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-01-25 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    haahhahaah.... wasting gcd´s to counter stampede.... please... have you even looked that the log and see how much it does ?
    Id take if you never have. Its barly worth a gcd to use for the hunter. Just "looks scary" cause of lots of healthbars running around you.
    Can bet that if you played without pet/guardians healthbars like most ppl do you wouldent even notics that a hunter casted stampede.

I'm seriously thinking resto druid + another healer + warrior/DK is going to be a legit comp. Resto Heart of the Wild combined with a CC chain on the healer at about 10 minutes will score a kill.