Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Class/Spec with the highest learning curve?

Hello. I don't know if anyone feels the same way but I'm starting to lose interest in the game. I PvE mostly, starting heroic progression on my Fury Warrior but other than that I don't really find anything interesting in the game. I wanted to maybe start an alt, but something challenging. I've played the game a lot so I have experience with almost every class, but very few can I play well. My question is, which class/spec has the highest learning curve i.e. a class that has a good amount of micromanagement and versatility. Thanks.

-Sorry forgot to mention, I meant a DPS class/spec.
    Last edited by Vydrax; 2014-01-25 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Fix

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    arcane mage

it isnt just HURRRR 1111111111111111111!!!!111111111111

manageing mana for max dps prolly the hardest spec to master in game
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Healing, Tanking or dps?

Feral druid is hard

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstaz View Post
    Feral druid is hard
    feral isnt as bad as it was in wrath.....its pritty basic now still not exactly a beginer friendly spec tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstaz View Post
    Feral druid is hard
    Not being rude or anything but what management does Feral have other than bleeds? Or is there something else that makes it difficult? I haven't played feral since Cata.

Deleted
    Tank: Brewmaster Monk
    DPS: Feral Druid
    Healer: Mistweaver Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Vydrax View Post
    Not being rude or anything but what management does Feral have other than bleeds? Or is there something else that makes it difficult? I haven't played feral since Cata.
    3 separate bleeds, savage roar, faerie fire, dream of cenarius. DoC feral is probably the most difficult spec to properly play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorAJ View Post
    3 separate bleeds, savage roar, faerie fire, dream of cenarius. DoC feral is probably the most difficult spec to properly play.
    throw in ticking ebon detonator for a trinket and you have yourself a fun time
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I'm pretty sure feral druid is the only spec that a reasonably experience and intelligent WoW player couldn't grasp by just reading a well done explanation of the spec.
    I feel like a guide written by the best of the particular spec in the world vs. an intelligent experienced player is the best hypothetical way we can gauge class difficulty.

I'd rank it like this.
    Tank: Brewmaster
    Healer: Mistweaver
    DPS: Feral druid/Arcane mage

I've played everything this xpac so far and for me those are the "highest learning curve" specs. But that's just me.

If you're bored don't do another DPS class. Go BrM monk with MW OS. That's a fun time.

Feral or any class that has to snapshot dots, good riddance for such retarded mechanics.

Arcane is hard the same way fury is hard, lower ilvls are shittier, higher ilvls are awesome. Not hard to learn, gear dependent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    feral isnt as bad as it was in wrath.....its pritty basic now still not exactly a beginer friendly spec tho
    I played Feral as my best alt in Wrath, and I assure you DoC Feral now is MUCH harder than Wrath Feral ever was. I was ranking on that alt in Wrath, so I kinda knew how to play it.

You can play the braindead Feral spec now and roll your face for 90% max DPS, but DoC is actually difficult.

I don't really agree that Brewmaster is difficult to play. At a basic level it's VERY simple, and there isn't a whole lot of extra stuff you have to learn. Their active mitigation is easily the simplest in the game and Stagger mechanics really aren't that hard to learn. I find Prot Warrior harder to play, personally.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2014-01-25 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vydrax View Post
    Slow resource generation so you need to plan ahead at all times, far more difficult than any other spec I've tried, and I've tried most
    I'd place arcane mage at a close 2nd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

If you have never played a warlock, then they take a lot of getting used to, especially demo locks. Lots of DOT tracking via AffDots, watching fury as demo or embers as destro, etc.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

i'd say feral, problem is - it's not very fun either
    so i'd suggest monk, windwalker is average difficulty, but holy shit is tanking and healing engaging, different and quite hard to master

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster/Mistweaver
    Enhancement
    Affliction/Demonology
    Balance/Feral
    Subtlety

Those are probably the specs with the highest skill caps in general. Brewmaster especially is refreshing in that it's quite different from the rest.

Out of curiosity, what is it about Brewmasters that people are citing as difficult? They have the easiest active mitigation, an uncomplicated single-target rotation and are dead simple when it comes to AOE.