View Poll Results: Would you like a healer class which uses Dark Energy to heal?!

Voters
138. This poll is closed
  • Yes

63 45.65%
  • No

75 54.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    The Only class who is capable of using Fel/Shadow/Fire/Arcane , and which uses weapons is Demon Hunter...
    I know you dont see Demon Hunters as healers , but every class which uses Shadow , Fel (Nether, Chaos etc) , Fire can heal. Demon Hunters do use these energies and giving them a healing spec would add something new to the game.
    Giving Different stances to DHs like Monks/Warriors/Druid would be something good.
    I have thought about something special about DH healing...
    Something Special about DH DPS.
    But still cant find something special about DH Tanking.

Soon ill post the whole idea...
    Its too long. The tanking side is based on Parrying and on Healing. Healing from The Fel/Flame Abilities. Still i need to think about something for DH DPS like low range teleports(6 yards , 7 yards etc) , low range charges , Shadow Copies ,Movement Speed , Low Healing ;Damage Reduces; a class which is based more on mobility than on High Damage Dealing.
    Please god no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Balance is outdated and overrated. Over compensating and catering for pvpers whilst pve is pushed aside.
    Right. Well tell me that again when raids only start taking the 3 classes that are the most OP and fuck any other class.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Please god no.
    Any reason ?!
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought this was something new and cool, but then it got mentioned that it wold be melee class, which was a minor letdown. But then I realized that melees can be really cool too, and castermelee could be something cool and interesting.
    Then it was revealed that it was just another DemonHunter

I mean, sure, I guess. That's a really small detail about any possible class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    At first I thought this was something new and cool, but then it got mentioned that it wold be melee class, which was a minor letdown. But then I realized that melees can be really cool too, and castermelee could be something cool and interesting.
    Then it was revealed that it was just another DemonHunter
    The healing aspect of The Demon Hunters would be something good. Its like Paladins , they can use meele abilities and can heal. Giving a healing spec to Demon Hunters is fun. And would add something new to the game. Dont forget:
    "Both optimist and pessimist give something good to the world : The Pessimist creates the parachute and the optimist creates the airplane"
    That is the way you wanted to see it. You didnt want to see as a Demon Hunter this healing class... But there is possibility for Demon Hunters to heal. You should have thought from the beginning because i mentioned it Fel/Fire/Shadow...
    If you liked the idea from the beginning you will like it too if it is implemented into a new class like Demon Hunters : 3 specs -Tank -Healer -DPS

And that is true u thought that was something cool , because it was and you have never seen a class which heals using Shadow/Fire/Nether magic. That is what makes this idea unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be fun if blizzard would implement this idea...
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

There's only one class I'd like to see, and it does not use fel magic to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    There's only one class I'd like to see, and it does not use fel magic to do anything.
    Ah, the AFK stealth Rogue in my BG. We meet again.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'd prefer to see more from arcane before another dark energy type class. We have tons of classes using evil to fight evil... is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'd prefer to see more from arcane before another dark energy type class. We have tons of classes using evil to fight evil... is boring.
    Yes the 25% of DH spells are arcane . Ill post a suggestion for them. Also my suggestion contains low range teleports(Arcane magic) for DPS spec!!
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

Totally, I loved those shadow healers from City of Heroes who used bodies of dead enemies for stuff like mass resurrection or draining health from enemies to heal allies, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually like to see a healer that doesn't use mana.

SWTOR has quite a few healers that don't use mana. Those mechanics could be transferred over to WoW pretty easily.

Deleted
    The Shadow Energy also comes from the souls Kuragalolz...
    Yes i have been thinking about this because i want to make a suggestion for a class , but before beginning i need to make sure the class will be fun. I am suggesting for a class which uses corrupted energy Fel , Fire or even Shadow to heal. I am thinking about something unique, which doesnt exist in the game.
    Well not really. soul spells makes shadow damages in game but that's only for gameplay reasons. You don't need to feed upon souls to be able to use shadow magics, casting a shadow bolt doesn't require you to steal someone's soul, whereas some spells are entirely dedicated on stealing you're opponent's soul, bearing white light and bluish purples, while shadow magic is deep black and purple bordered.

They're clearly different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'd actually like to see a healer that doesn't use mana.

SWTOR has quite a few healers that don't use mana. Those mechanics could be transferred over to WoW pretty easily.
    That is difficult for blizzard... The only mechanics that will work well will be some kind of mana and netherstones. The Fel Energy use servers for tanks and DPS for this class. The idea of this suggestion is also based on weapon runes like Chaos Runes, Nether Runes , Arcane Runes , Shadow Runes , Fire Runes. If you use nether runes your weapon attacks drain soul to heal an ally.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

Where have we seen this class in the warcraft universe before? It's probably not getting in if we haven't, you know.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2014-01-27 at 01:51 PM.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Where have we seen this class in the warcraft universe before? It's probably not getting in if we haven't, you know.
    Demon Hunters , because they use Shadow/Fel/Fire/Arcane , but we have only seen 4 of their abilities ... I am suggesting the Demon Hunter healing aspect, because Demon Hunters use these energies, why not using them to heal?!
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters , because they use Shadow/Fel/Fire/Arcane , but we have only seen 4 of their abilities ... I am suggesting the Demon Hunter healing aspect, because Demon Hunters use these energies, why not using them to heal?!
    Because demonhunters would be a pure dps class. Healing wouldn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say no, only because it doesn't make sense to me. How would Shadow/Nether/Fire stuffs actually heal someone, when you generally assume Shadow as pain inflicting, causing fear or torment. Fire is literally burning people, and I don't think a healing class would be built around using fire to cauterize wounds. Nether also doesn't make sense, since isn't it some sort of corruption.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Because demonhunters would be a pure dps class. Healing wouldn't make any sense.
    No. Not at all . Illidan Tanked Mannoroth in Well of Eternity using a Cursed Vision and you call that PURE DPS ?! WoW means using your creativity to create spells based in Warcraft universe. I have NEVER seen Paladins healing themselves when i played Warcraft 3. NEVER. And i see them in WoW using Holy LIght to heal themselves. Holy Light was a spell which was used only to heal allies in Warcraft 3. Blizzard allowed this spell to also heal the Paladin in WoW. Paladins couldn't heal themselves in Warcraft but Blizzard allowed this in WoW and this means that if Demon Hunters can use Shadow/Fel/Flame/Arcane why not using it to heal/shield. I have NEVER seen Flash of Light spell on Warcraft but this spell is in WoW. Is all about creativity. We have the Demon Hunter concept from Warcraft why not using creativity to create a new playing style based on that ?! That would make players happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    I'm going to say no, only because it doesn't make sense to me. How would Shadow/Nether/Fire stuffs actually heal someone, when you generally assume Shadow as pain inflicting, causing fear or torment. Fire is literally burning people, and I don't think a healing class would be built around using fire to cauterize wounds. Nether also doesn't make sense, since isn't it some sort of corruption.
    Fire can also heal---> Remember Cauterize of the IMP (Warlock's pet) ---> Remember Cauterize (Mage Talent)---> Remember Ember Tap(Destro Warlock Spell)
    Fire can also shield---> Remember Flame Glow (Mage Talent) ---> Molten Armor(Mage Talent)
    Shadow can also heal---> Remember Mortal Coil(Warlock Talent)---> Dark Regeneration (Warlock Talent)---> Conversion( DK talent) ---> Dark "Halo" of "The Shadow PRiests"
    Shadow can also shield---> Remember the Unending Resolve of the Warlocks ---> Remember Anti Magic Shield ( Death Knights) ----> Anti Magic Zone (Death Knights)
    Shadow can also Ressurect---> Remember Raise Ally
    Arcane can also Shield---> Mage Armor(Mage spell) ----> Incanter's Ward(Mage Talent)
    Nether is not corruption and is used to regenerate---> Remember passive ability of the Destro Warlocks: Chaotic Energy

Nether is a sort of Chaos(Fel) Energy which can be used to heal: Remember defeating Kanrethad and he transformed your Fire Spells into Fel Tainted Spells --> You could also use (FEL)Green Ember Tap to heal. We have also seen that Nether Energy used by Dread LOrds also combined with shadow energy creates the Vampiric Aura which heals the team. This is the proof that these abilities can be used to heal...
    Demon Hunter Class Idea