Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

My WoD Death Knight Wishlist

Hi. Unfortunately I will be not be here for the release of WoD( Going to be gone for the next 8 months starting next week, military). However I really love the deathknight class, but was kind of dissapointed with them for the most part this expansion. I decided to just mess around and make my wishlist for what I hope would happen to deathknights next expansion. You can critique it as much as you want, but I just thought I'd share it.

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=2064002

Tier 1: AoE
    Tier 2: Personal Defensives
    Tier 3: Control
    Tier 4: Personal Healing
    Tier 5: Rune Recovery
    Tier 6: Group utility

Spell changes.
    -Anti magic shell: No longer provides runic power.
    -Death Strike: Now has a 30 second cooldown. Cooldown is reset upon landing a killing blow upon a creature that grants expierence or honor.Will always grant 20% Maximum HP while in Unholy or frost presence(See below)
    Obliterate and Scourge strike no longer need diseases to deal their maximum damage. (Planned for WoD anyway).
    -Blood strike removed.
    -Death and Decay is now a talent, with no rune cost.
    -The rune cost on strangulate removed.
    -Frost and unholy presence now also reduce damage taken by by 10% similar to blood presence.
    -Frost presence no longer reduces the reduction in duration to loss of control effects. ( See below)
    -Frost presence now increases movement speed 15%.
    -Pestilence now cost 1 Frost rune for Frost spec, or 1 Unholy rune for Unholy spec.
    -Soul Reaper now deals shadowfrost damage. No longer a magical effect.
    -Death pact is now baseline, no longer requires a ghoul but only heals 35% maximum HP.
    -Death's advance now baseline.
    -Necrotic strike now cost runic power, instead of a death rune.
    -The 50% slow from chillblains is now baseline.
    -AMZ now baseline, 5 second duration, 3 minute cooldown.
    -Lichborne now baseline, 3 minute cooldown, no longer enables the death knight to heal his/herself
    -Attacks such as obliterate, frost strike, heart strike, rune strike, death strike, scourge, and festering strike now have real animations.

Glyphs.
    -Glyph of Dark succor removed.
    -Glyph of Death's embraced now baseline.
    -Glyph of Anti-magic shell removed
    -Glyoh of Death and decay redsigned. (Undecided on, as it isn't as 'unique as I would like') Now causes you death grip to pull yourself to the target instead. Does not work on creatues immune to death grip
    -Glyph of Heart strike: Increases the damage X%, but removes the cleave effect
    -Glyph of Resilient grip is now baseline.

Gear:
    -PvP 4P redesigned: Now reduces the duration of effects that cause loss of control, and movement impairing effects by 20%

Blood:
    -Blood parasites is now a talent only. Redesigned.
    -Bone shield is now a talent only.
    -Blood rites now also proc from heart strikes and blood boil and pestilence. Also removes the cooldown on death strike.
    -New spell: Mark of blood - 20 yard range. Places a mark of blood on an enemey. Whenever the enemy deals damage to a target, the death knight will be healed 3% of hi/hers maximum health. 3 minute cooldown.

Frost:
    -Pillar of frost no longer costs a frost rune.
    -Killing machine now scales with critcal rating, further increasing the damage of the next frost strike/obliterate
    -Chains of Ice now also roots the target for 3 seconds (frost only)

Unholy:
    -(A lot will disagree with this but) Unholy frenzy removed.
    - Scourge strike: The shadow portion can now crit once again.
    -New spell: Blood Nova- Blood explodes outward from your current target, inflicting X damage to all nearby targets in 10 yards. Damage is increased Y% per disease that is currently active on any target. Cost 1 frost 1 blood rune, 15 yard range. Replaces blood boil.
    -Unholy now has heart strike
    - Chains of ice now also proc reaping.
    Last edited by skype; 2014-01-27 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Don't get the one with death strike

Some of your ideas are just flat out nerfs to dks why would you wish for that?

I agree with your Unholy partially. Remove Frenzy, nobody cares about haste... now. And the Scourge Strike portion is what I've been thinking for years, too.

In addition, I would:

Let Unholy dots scale with haste (ah, suddenly Frenzy makes sense again!).

Let rune-style crits fill up runic power critically (with a scaling factor, perhaps not x2 but rather x1.5 or 1.25 even, hell it's another thing for Blizzard to tweak instead of their stupendous "duh, let's give them 10% more ap!" idiocy they're currently doing.

Let Soul Reaper do shadowfrost damage so Frost gets some love there, too.

Oh and revert the whole HB/IT fiasco. Whoever was the braindead idiot changing that should be shot. HB is the AE spell, lower the primary target damage to the AE component, raise the cost to 2 runes again and add a haste rune regen effect that Blizzard can tweak (kinda like the Soul Reaper haste effect when the mob dies with the debuff on it). Raise IT damage to a proper amount and voila, we have a bit more complexity added.

Oh yeah, one point of criticism... they can't EVER make Oblit or SS not rely on diseases for dmg, because the DK diseases suck so HARD that we'll instantly revert to a diseaseless playstyle as soon as we figure out it's worth it. That thing is dead and buried, they'll always have debuffs on the mob as a prerequesite for higher dmg.
    Last edited by Slant; 2014-01-26 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    I hope that apart from
    Death's advance now baseline.
    Nothing you said here will be in WoD.
    Majority of this is a nerf, as said above. None of these aims to improve the QoL of DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I agree with your Unholy partially. Remove Frenzy, nobody cares about haste... now. And the Scourge Strike portion is what I've been thinking for years, too.

In addition, I would:

Let Unholy dots scale with haste (ah, suddenly Frenzy makes sense again!).

Let rune-style crits fill up runic power critically (with a scaling factor, perhaps not x2 but rather x1.5 or 1.25 even, hell it's another thing for Blizzard to tweak instead of their stupendous "duh, let's give them 10% more ap!" idiocy they're currently doing.

Let Soul Reaper do shadowfrost damage so Frost gets some love there, too.

Oh and revert the whole HB/IT fiasco. Whoever was the braindead idiot changing that should be shot. HB is the AE spell, lower the primary target damage to the AE component, raise the cost to 2 runes again and add a haste rune regen effect that Blizzard can tweak (kinda like the Soul Reaper haste effect when the mob dies with the debuff on it). Raise IT damage to a proper amount and voila, we have a bit more complexity added.

Oh yeah, one point of criticism... they can't EVER make Oblit or SS not rely on diseases for dmg, because the DK diseases suck so HARD that we'll instantly revert to a diseaseless playstyle as soon as we figure out it's worth it. That thing is dead and buried, they'll always have debuffs on the mob as a prerequesite for higher dmg.
    1. UF - You don't care about haste? Okay, funny enough that it was the best stat for over 2 years, only being beaten because of insane ams soaking, brutally reduced ams cd, UF itself, giant stat pools and so on, for dw of course because oblit deals no dmg and PL.
    2.UF grants melee haste, it doesn't affect our garg, it wouldn't affect our DoTs. UF granting true haste won't happen because you could give it warlocks and the like.
    3. So you want us to turn into warriors, only caring for crit ignoring everything else because it creates no synergy? Doubt that would get you anything good.
    4. Well, agreed, SR is obsolete for frost.
    5. Nonsense, using ability A on ST and ability B on cleave/AoE is not complexity, returning hb to 2 runes would require it to do insane dmg, also frost AoE would suffer greatly as we couldn't really create any sustained pressure and burst AoE can't go completely nuts as trade off. Too much rework required to work well in my opinion.
    6.Sure especially unholy dots are weak, only doing over 20% of my dmg critting for up to 260k and create brutal AoE, Frost dots also do significiant dmg, even not as much, dropping them could never be a dps gain.

We're definetly not in wotlk anymore and reverting any wotlk styles are not going to help, but break, its not working anymore, it never worked well to begin with, dk started as a failure and went out of wotlk mutilated.

@Skype
    I'll try to keep it shorter. First, wish you good for the next 8 months.
    Will start with what i like: DA baseline, really welcome, especially because of the fake competition in the current talents.
    FP movement speed, no reason not to implement, no reason for unholy to be faster than frost.
    Costless spells (strang, PoF etc.) would also be welcome, costs are there pretty redundant or just pointlessly annoying.
    That AMZ should be baseline is a no brainer, agreed.
    Like SS double dipping crit, but more a flavor thing, double calculation can be awesome but also game breaking, like it though.

Now what i don't like:
    Pestilence costing spec specific runes seems like a nerf, why?
    That passive chill blains is a bad idea, can lead to problems if you always slow things.
    If you turn Bone shield into a talent, make purgatory baseline, taking more abilities away from a spec is a no go, we have very little versatility already in comparison to many other classes.
    4piece pvpv is shit, current is already a bit meh, but thats even worse and kinda useless, those 20% aren't gonna save you.
    Why just blatantly remove so many glyphs? Our choices already are a bit meh, the recent new ones just started creating some interesting choices.
    HS for unholy seems like a forced return of blood rune usage, don't see a reason why, also blood nova looks redundant, you can't really increase its dmg without letting DoT AoE suffer, which takes away unholy AoE niche, having a replacement for festering strike for AoE itself looks good though.
    10% less dmg from presences is not so amazing, i get the idea, but blizz is shifting away from that concept already.
    I would like to hit you for the lichborne change: baseline,cool, like it, is pvp mandatory anyway. No selfheal = bad, main reason to have it after all, fear break has gotten secondary.
    NS costing runic power is kinda meh, looks like a nerf or is op, bound by runes is okay, the ability itself is problematic but that is a different topic.
    death strike change is useless pretty much, the selfheal tier/death pact already do good.
    AMS soaking gone....hmm...it is after all a little extra dmg niche and allows some little "tricks" which are really an amazing gameplay element, don't really want it to be gone.

In the end there is a lot of dumbing down, which is exactly the opposite of what we need, we don't need further utility nerfs, restrictions and flat out nerfs to versatility. Current depth has to expand to meanignful levels, creating niches for the dk to shine and fresh up the gameplay a bit, you're doing a bit of the opposite also there. You don't really look into the depth but onto the surface and what you don't like which is okay and also needed, but the changes are barely helpful. My opinion atleast.

Edit: The death siphon change is big fat nerf, not needed or wished for its currently an amazing versatile spell for pve and should stay this way.
    Last edited by Raikh; 2014-01-26 at 11:39 AM.

These seem really retarded and are just going to run PvP
    Not like anyone cares anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Froya View Post
    I hope that apart from
    Death's advance now baseline.
    Nothing you said here will be in WoD.
    Majority of this is a nerf, as said above. None of these aims to improve the QoL of DK.
    "the QoL of DK" The damn class can get out of every cc in the game......

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    1. UF - You don't care about haste? Okay, funny enough that it was the best stat for over 2 years, only being beaten because of insane ams soaking, brutally reduced ams cd, UF itself, giant stat pools and so on, for dw of course because oblit deals no dmg and PL.
    2.UF grants melee haste, it doesn't affect our garg, it wouldn't affect our DoTs. UF granting true haste won't happen because you could give it warlocks and the like.
    3. So you want us to turn into warriors, only caring for crit ignoring everything else because it creates no synergy? Doubt that would get you anything good.
    4. Well, agreed, SR is obsolete for frost.
    5. Nonsense, using ability A on ST and ability B on cleave/AoE is not complexity, returning hb to 2 runes would require it to do insane dmg, also frost AoE would suffer greatly as we couldn't really create any sustained pressure and burst AoE can't go completely nuts as trade off. Too much rework required to work well in my opinion.
    6.Sure especially unholy dots are weak, only doing over 20% of my dmg critting for up to 260k and create brutal AoE, Frost dots also do significiant dmg, even not as much, dropping them could never be a dps gain.

We're definetly not in wotlk anymore and reverting any wotlk styles are not going to help, but break, its not working anymore, it never worked well to begin with, dk started as a failure and went out of wotlk mutilated.
    1. Haste being the best stat for over 2 years doesn't mean that I have to like it. The fact that it was only the best stat because our baseline rune regeneration speed is atrocious at best doesn't make it a desireable stat. It's fixing a badly designed class mechanic. The fact that the hastecap is as high as it takes for you to get runecapped should be a hint as to why this is a broken mechanic. Haste is great, but it does NOTHING for a DK except ensure that we don't runestarve. Nothing about it is interesting. Having haste affect dots for Unholy, however, suddenly makes it very interesting. Shadow Priests, Warlocks and Boomkins have dots that scale with haste and the only melee dot class doesn't get it? That needs to be addressed.

Something for you to think about. "The better the player, the worse the value of haste" That is just another point that has been true for the past couple of years.

2. UF affects our ranged haste, Garry copies our stats, hence it affects Garry very much. And yes, it doesn't affect our dots, that is why I suggested it should. And true haste scaling for dots is something the other classes have already. Did you even try to understand what I posted or are you just contradicting me for the sake of contradicting me?

3. I don't want to turn us into warriors that only care about crit. Hence my suggestion earlier to have dots scale with haste. Again, do you even read the stuff other people write? The reason why I suggested the crit synergy with runic power is exactly to bring crit up in value and have it equal to haste. The current UH metagame where crit/haste are about equal is cool and I don't see how that is a bad thing. But making the stats more interesting and helping us scale better is a good idea, because that is exactly how we're behind these days. It's not that the class is too difficult or whatever, it's that our class mechanics are shite and nothing but "you get 20% more x" is not really enough to fix broken class mechanics.

4. Glad you agree to the obvious.

5. Again, have you read what I typed? Return HB to being a proper AE spell, with a cost of 2 and a rune regen haste effect in sustained AE situations. But make sure that the single target of IT is superior to HB. That can work quite easily and here's the kicker, it doesn't necessarily mean "lower damage" but it definitely means "controlled damage". How often am I fucked as DW Frost when my raid lead tells me to stop AEing for some reason and I have to tell him "Um, yeah... that's just your opinion man, I don't do anything BUT AE spamming HB". That idiocy has to stop. There is no other class that can't stop AEing because the only proper AE they have is incidentally the #1 single target spell. Yes, rework is required for this, but it is one major idiocy that really needs to be addressed, because once you think about it, Frost is completely shite as a spec with broken mechanics.

6. Um... yes, they are strong. But there is a reason why these "you do X plus damage for every disease that is on the mob" effects are on SS and OB. I have played blood diseaseless and Blizzard burned their fingers very badly on that. It clearly showed that the community of players is a) quicker than Blizzard, b) smarter than Blizzard and c) has no qualms whatsofucking ever to do whatever it takes them to squeeze the last (even theoretical) bit of dps out of a class. So no, they won't take that chance again. It's bad enough that DW Frost basically cosists of spamming two buttons, one to fill up the runic power bar and one to deplete it. That's not exactly interesting or challenging gameplay. It bores me out of my mind and I am not going to play this class next expansion if this idiocy stays the same.

As for your last sentence, I'm not trying to revert everything to WotLK, but the design direction for Frost since mid-WotLK is the wrong one. And there is no shame nor disadvantage in going back to the original point of error and trying another, perhaps more sensible, direction. The alternative is a complete revamp of the spec and starting at 0. I don't think that is necessary, but we really have to stop the HB spam, it's getting boring after what, 5 years? Seriously...
    Last edited by Slant; 2014-01-26 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    These seem really retarded and are just going to run PvP
    Not like anyone cares anyway

- - - Updated - - -

"the QoL of DK" The damn class can get out of every cc in the game......
    would love some examples as to how they get out of every cc instead of just saying they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    1. Haste being the best stat for over 2 years doesn't mean that I have to like it. The fact that it was only the best stat because our baseline rune regeneration speed is atrocious at best doesn't make it a desireable stat. It's fixing a badly designed class mechanic. The fact that the hastecap is as high as it takes for you to get runecapped should be a hint as to why this is a broken mechanic. Haste is great, but it does NOTHING for a DK except ensure that we don't runestarve. Nothing about it is interesting. Having haste affect dots for Unholy, however, suddenly makes it very interesting. Shadow Priests, Warlocks and Boomkins have dots that scale with haste and the only melee dot class doesn't get it? That needs to be addressed.

Something for you to think about. "The better the player, the worse the value of haste" That is just another point that has been true for the past couple of years.

2. UF affects our ranged haste, Garry copies our stats, hence it affects Garry very much. And yes, it doesn't affect our dots, that is why I suggested it should. And true haste scaling for dots is something the other classes have already. Did you even try to understand what I posted or are you just contradicting me for the sake of contradicting me?

3. I don't want to turn us into warriors that only care about crit. Hence my suggestion earlier to have dots scale with haste. Again, do you even read the stuff other people write? The reason why I suggested the crit synergy with runic power is exactly to bring crit up in value and have it equal to haste. The current UH metagame where crit/haste are about equal is cool and I don't see how that is a bad thing. But making the stats more interesting and helping us scale better is a good idea, because that is exactly how we're behind these days. It's not that the class is too difficult or whatever, it's that our class mechanics are shite and nothing but "you get 20% more x" is not really enough to fix broken class mechanics.

4. Glad you agree to the obvious.

5. Again, have you read what I typed? Return HB to being a proper AE spell, with a cost of 2 and a rune regen haste effect in sustained AE situations. But make sure that the single target of IT is superior to HB. That can work quite easily and here's the kicker, it doesn't necessarily mean "lower damage" but it definitely means "controlled damage". How often am I fucked as DW Frost when my raid lead tells me to stop AEing for some reason and I have to tell him "Um, yeah... that's just your opinion man, I don't do anything BUT AE spamming HB". That idiocy has to stop. There is no other class that can't stop AEing because the only proper AE they have is incidentally the #1 single target spell. Yes, rework is required for this, but it is one major idiocy that really needs to be addressed, because once you think about it, Frost is completely shite as a spec with broken mechanics.

6. Um... yes, they are strong. But there is a reason why these "you do X plus damage for every disease that is on the mob" effects are on SS and OB. I have played blood diseaseless and Blizzard burned their fingers very badly on that. It clearly showed that the community of players is a) quicker than Blizzard, b) smarter than Blizzard and c) has no qualms whatsofucking ever to do whatever it takes them to squeeze the last (even theoretical) bit of dps out of a class. So no, they won't take that chance again. It's bad enough that DW Frost basically cosists of spamming two buttons, one to fill up the runic power bar and one to deplete it. That's not exactly interesting or challenging gameplay. It bores me out of my mind and I am not going to play this class next expansion if this idiocy stays the same.

As for your last sentence, I'm not trying to revert everything to WotLK, but the design direction for Frost since mid-WotLK is the wrong one. And there is no shame nor disadvantage in going back to the original point of error and trying another, perhaps more sensible, direction. The alternative is a complete revamp of the spec and starting at 0. I don't think that is necessary, but we really have to stop the HB spam, it's getting boring after what, 5 years? Seriously...
    To the bolded part at the bottom,

Frosts design direction was fine in wotlk because we didn't spam howling blast. It was the 4.0 and beyond change that slowly started ruining the spec. You would only use HB with a rime/killing machine proc single target or for pure aoe in wotlk but I still don't recall spamming it like I do currently ever until MoP.

EDIT: As a whole your ideas would nerf us in some way for each spec. There are some good ideas here(with crit scaling on KM however it isn't a new idea people want). As a whole if your ideas went through(we know they won't), I wouldnt bother with this class anymore to the point of either quitting wow or just playing my warlock.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2014-01-26 at 04:49 PM.

I wish that they'd nerf Blood Pres defensively for unholy/frost specs and buff our other survivability tools.

I can't be alone in finding sitting in blood pres most of the time in PVP horribly unfun, Blood pres should be a last ditch effort that reduces our damage massively and somewhat increases our def, like bear is for ferals. Not something you sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I wish that they'd nerf Blood Pres defensively for unholy/frost specs and buff our other survivability tools.

I can't be alone in finding sitting in blood pres most of the time in PVP horribly unfun, Blood pres should be a last ditch effort that reduces our damage massively and somewhat increases our def, like bear is for ferals. Not something you sit in.
    That would be fantastic. It's most of the reason why I don't pvp anymore. It's just not fun sitting in BP.

Well glad everyone has opinions on what they could like. Hopefully the right people get into beta and make some noise for the better. I'll just clarify a few things i was just trying to suggest. I wasn't trying to flat out nerf the class. I am semi casual semi hardcore for both pvp and pve (2150 pvp 10/14 hm pve) so I try to balance things out for both.

-The death stike change was me just trying to make death strike more useful for frost/unholy, similiar to the talent impedining victory (victory rush talent).
    -Other stuff was just wierd stuff I thought would be qol fixes, such as frost presence speed equal to unholy, heart unholy frenzy button bloat blood stike button bloat, pillar of frost rune cost etc
    -Stuff such as AMS not granting runic power would be a way to not devalue haste even further to me, while improving the attractiveness for crit for unholy/frost ( I would rather new mastery though, they are bland).
    -Death siphon change was to make it more attactive fo all specs and outside of pve, and conversion change was to make it not the only option for pvp and more attractive for pve.
    -Remove desecrated and double grip, changed the 4p to reduce time spent in CC and roots. Hopefully the should be baseline stuff like death's advance, AMZ, etc could of made up for it , I dont know.
    -Added a different unholy aoe, to stop orphaned frost runes and makes it smoother
    -Other stuff was just silly to me like the talent tiers being messy, adding a runic power aoe dump, making bone shield a talent but giving blood mark of blood to compensate, adding the 10% damage reduction from blood presence to frost/unholy presence so you dont sit in blood presence (or slightly less taxing to) etc.

Oh and yeah of course I don't want everything to happen, just the general idea of polishing things for qol, making the talent tree a lot polished, giving a lot of stuff that should just be baseline just death's advance and AMZ, making talents more attractive for pvp/pve at the same time, and making secondaries more attractive in some way ( I would personally like a better mastery for unholy and frost)

I think I would turn Unholy back into what it used to be, a melee/magic hybrid rather than a ghoul babysitter.

I want more rune manipulation or at least a way to control runes better (rather that the current randomness, blood tap seems like a decent direction though)

Its hard to say what I want from Frost, it feels like it could use another attack but that's a personal opinion, not sure if that would help the class.

I think DK's are closer to being a fully realized class than monks (another personal opinion) but they could use some love.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm blind, but what would Blood DKs do for Active Mitigation in PVE?

My List:
    Make Roiling Blood Baseline, as its that good IMO.
    Remove Blood Presence from Frost and UH Specs (Also included would be Defensive Stance for Warriors, Bear Form for non Guardian Druids)

Also, I'd give UH more versatility. Depend on Weapon Type make it be either Disease Focused or Pet Focused. (E.G.)

Master of Ghouls - Your 2H Weapon infuses your Ghoul with more strength. Any attacks made with a 2H Weapon can also summon forth Lesser Ghouls which will attack the Target for 20 Seconds (Think ToT DPS Set Bonus).

Blightcaller - Attacking wildly with Dual 1H Weapons works the Death Knight into a Frenzy, increases the potency of your diseases and increases your Haste by 10%.

All add some Army of the Dead Changes.
    Army of the Dead (Frost/Unholy) - Summons an army of Lesser Ghouls at the Target Location that will attempt to Attack and Taunt all Targets within 20 Yards. Three Second Channel. 30 Second Duration. Six Minute Cooldown.

Army of the Dead (Blood) - Summons an army of Lesser Ghouls around the Death Knight that will Attack the Death Knight's target and attempt to shield the Death Knight. The presence of each Ghoul reduces the Death Knight's Damage Taken by 10%. Ghouls will attempt to take any Melee Attacks made against the Death Knight. Three Second Channel. 20 Second Duration. Six Minute Cooldown
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2014-01-26 at 06:09 PM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Make Roiling Blood Baseline, as its that good IMO.
    Yes, they should just remove pestilence. Honestly with rolling blood I haven't touched pestilence once this expansion even though I've had it binded and sitting there, if they want to reduce button bloat isn't removing pestilence perfect?

I got some wild new ideas on how to redo Frost DK's.

- Obliterate has been removed. A copy of Slam or Tempalrs Verdict doesn't belong to Frost DK's. We're not Warriors!
    - New Skill, Shadowfrost thrust; costs 1 unholy and 1 frost rune. A bitterly cold weapon strike that deals 130% Shadow-damage and 130% frost-damage to the opponent. Shadow-damage portion is increased if you have blood plague infected on the target, and same with frost potion and frost fever. Also increases Frost damage done by 15%, stacking 2 times, lasts for 15 sec. The idea of this skill is to make Frost DK feel a little like Death Knights, and not only like pure Frost DK's. This skill also intentionally removes pure Shatter Strike spam.
    - Frost DK's are now much more cold and and scary, which means more frost-themed skills, and more spells in general.
    - Most Frost DK spells are cast from the runeweapon(s), similar to how the Lich King does it.
    - Howling Blast no longer deals more damage to primary target and is now an aoe primarily.
    - Icy Touch is replaced by a new skill for Frost DK's, Shatter Strike. Animation would be similar to the LK in the cinematic trailer of Wotlk where he points out his blade and it glows blue. This is a ranged single-target skill, and a good example of how the "cast from rune-weapon" animations would be.
    - Remorseless Winter is now a Frost-only damage-skill, but instead a strong aoe and single-target skill. It no longer stuns but instead slows everyone affected by 60%. 1 min CD, lasts 7 sec.
    - Hungering Cold takes the place of Remorseless Winter in the talent-grid.
    - Rime now also works with Shatter Strike.
    - Frost Strike now deals 180% weapon damage, up from 115%
    - Killing Machine now works with Shatter Strike and Frost Strike.
    - While dual-wielding, you may only have one runeforge, meaning one identical runeforge on each weapon.
    - Threat of Thassarian now only lets all weapon-strike hit with both weapons
    - New Skill, Ice Pillar. Calls down an ice pillar on the target, dealing x frost damage, costing 30 runic power.
    - New Skill, Frigid dreadplate. Increases Strength by 40% and increases armor by 70% for 20 sec. This is the new Pillar of Frost (Pillar of Frost sounds more like a dps-skills, so now it is). Frost DK also needed a heavy defensive boost versus physical damage. 90 sec CD, costs 1 frost rune.

Deleted
    What I first of would like to see is the rune cost removed from Pillar of Frost & StrangulateIt's just really annoying that they are still around. Since when does a warriors dps cooldown cost any rage, a rogue dps cd cost a hefty chunk of energy, etc? It just adds to clunky gameplay imo. Other than that I would love to see something like every auto-attack has a chance to restore RP for 2h Frost at least, just something to give us less downtime in our dps rotation... it's just not fun like how a ret pala has buttons to push every second, we sometimes don't.

There's a lot more I would like to see fixed, lvl 75talents (RE baseline, glyph to turn it into RC), our crappy mobility & poor survivability but I just don't think blizzard cares that much about it ever since death knight's glory days in WotLK.
    Last edited by mmoc3e59536e7c; 2014-01-26 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    - Obliterate has been removed. A copy of Slam or Tempalrs Verdict doesn't belong to Frost DK's. We're not Warriors!
    Um Obliterate's been in the game far longer than Templars verdict or instant slam...

Quote Originally Posted by Balibapo View Post
    What I first of would like to see is the rune cost removed from Pillar of Frost & Strangulate
    Strang doesn't have one anymore, Pillar of frost needs it removed yeah, super clunky.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-01-26 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    would love some examples as to how they get out of every cc instead of just saying they can.

- - - Updated - - -

To the bolded part at the bottom,

Frosts design direction was fine in wotlk because we didn't spam howling blast. It was the 4.0 and beyond change that slowly started ruining the spec. You would only use HB with a rime/killing machine proc single target or for pure aoe in wotlk but I still don't recall spamming it like I do currently ever until MoP.

EDIT: As a whole your ideas would nerf us in some way for each spec. There are some good ideas here(with crit scaling on KM however it isn't a new idea people want). As a whole if your ideas went through(we know they won't), I wouldnt bother with this class anymore to the point of either quitting wow or just playing my warlock.
    Meh, mid-WotLK is perhaps a bit too early, although I distinctly remember players experimenting with masterfrost even back then. I guess Cata really ruined the Frost DK, I have mostly played Unholy back then but when I did switch to Frost DW, I was somewhat disgusted with the stupidity of the spec. And not sure if your edit is meant for me, but nuh-uh! what I said doesn't really nerf us, but it adds more cogwheels for Blizzard to tweak. And also adds some badly needed complexity and scaling to the class, especially DW Frost.

Strangulate still costs a rune.